FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2018, 20:15   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 1,407 Times in 757 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future
Re: Jeez! Arrested, imprisoned all in one afternoonI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post
For a 'Breach of the Peace'?! Where's that happened? - Russia, Libya, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, China etc etc? No, to our Shame; it's England, 26th May 2018!

Why haven't we all heard about this in the news? Because the Judge slapped a UK Gagging order on the case! It's rumoured that the man has been slapped with a 13 month goal sentence, even though it's thought he could be in grave danger of harm if sent to goal.....................

A quick google leads me to believe that this type of Draconian action can be granted by the Attorney General (current incumbent - Jeremy Wright), in exceptional circumstances..... and possibly the Home secretary.

OK, so what did he Do? In his role as a journalist; He had the audacity to stand on a public pavement filming the court house in Leeds, where (another) Grooming Gang were going on trial. That's All he did!. Several Police officers surrounded him & told him to stop filming, he asked them if he was being arrested, he asked "what for". The Police huddled him around the back of the Police van, took his phone from him & told him they were arresting him. The Prisoner is seen asking people to call him a solicitor, in shock he's bundled into a cage in the back of the police van........ (all this is caught on film). Over this weekend thousands turned out in London to protest against this injustice & Whitehall was closed.

Amongst others including Gerard Batten, Lord Pearson condemns the actions of the (state - my emphasis) police & has written to the Home Secretary warning him that if any harm is caused to this man (previously stabbed whilst in prison) he & others will fund a case against him.

This should not be allowed to happen to anybody in the UK - what about Our 'human rights'.........

"Now, this MSM policy of “if we don’t report it hasn’t happened” attitude has hit us here in the UK with full force: if you look at today’s MSM, the arrest and jailing of Tommy Robinson yesterday simply didn’t happen.

Only those using social media learned yesterday afternoon that Tommy Robinson had been arrested while filming a gang-rape trial – on the street. He was immediately taken to court and jailed, allegedly, for 13 months."

OPINION: IT Didn't Happen.....On The Jailing Of Tommy Robinson | Kipper Central

I don't agree with all that Tommy does/says, but I'll damn well defend his right to say it in a peaceful way! If this is an example of the EU's Human Right Laws in action - they can shove it.....!

GLOBAL COVER -UP: Media Silence As THOUSANDS WORLDWIDE Protest Tommy Robinson's Arrest | Kipper Central
He was arrested for a breach of bail conditions,he has no right to call people guilty before the trial has started
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
eddie_c (29th May 2018)
Old 28th May 2018, 20:18   #22 (permalink)

akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future

Quote:
As I stated in my OP, I don't agree with a lot of what he says but I'll defend his right to say it in a peaceful manner!

Your boorish rhetoric doesn't impress me either.

I thought it would be interesting to see who; could look at the situation info & comment on the anomalies of justice that are becoming far too common in the UK. You attacked the player, not the ball..........

What are your human rights?

The rights under the Convention are listed in Schedule 1 of HRA 1998. They are the right to: life

Be free from torture and treatment of a degrading nature

Be free from slavery and labour that is forced and not of free will

Liberty and security

Have a fair trial if faced with a criminal accusation

Not be held guilty of any criminal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a criminal offence under national or international law at the time when it was committed

Have your private and family life respected

Free thought, conscience and religion and the right to freely express your personal beliefs

Freedom of expression

Freedom of assembly and association

Get married and to start a family if you wish

The right not to be discriminated against in regards to any of these rights or freedoms

Part II of the First Protocol Convention rights, which are also included in Schedule 1 of HRA 1998 are the right to:

(Article 1); enjoy your property in peace

(Article 2); be educated

(Article 3). to vote (participate in free elections)

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/human-rights/human-rights/
He's not allowed to say anything about being guilty of innocent while a trial is ongoing,it's called subjudicy
Old 28th May 2018, 20:24   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 10,392 Times in 4,145 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
Is the thread about Mandelson (has he fraud conviction ?) Or your right wing poster boy thug ?
Lol, neither.

I was merely throwing an example of the inequalities in justice that are meted out to 'the little people' opposed to those in privileged public positions.

Of course Mandelson is just one of many; bad examples that are available.....

https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress....raud-cover-up/

Last edited by tintagel; 28th May 2018 at 20:28..
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2018, 20:26   #24 (permalink)

tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbukowl View Post
He's not allowed to say anything about being guilty of innocent while a trial is ongoing,it's called subjudicy
As I understand he wasn't, he was waiting for the verdict to be announced, as was the other gentleman who was also asked to leave.

Has anyone heard what the verdict was?
Old 28th May 2018, 20:30   #25 (permalink)

Thanked 13,875 Times in 5,631 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Do you look to this toerag as some kind of democratic martyr ?, If your answer is yes then you need a reality transfusion.
He is a low life parasite making a living by feeding folks fears with publicity stunts, i understand him, it's a living, but folks trying to elevate him to some saint like fighter for justice level makes me gag.
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Akasya (28th May 2018), eddie_c (29th May 2018), Kingfisher (28th May 2018), SLEEPY (28th May 2018)
Old 28th May 2018, 20:43   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
Do you look to this toerag as some kind of democratic martyr ?, If your answer is yes then you need a reality transfusion.
He is a low life parasite making a living by feeding folks fears with publicity stunts, i understand him, it's a living, but folks trying to elevate him to some saint like fighter for justice level makes me gag.
I've already outline my position in detail Mollag, so I think you already know my answer.

I'm not some 'giddy thing' who is easily influenced by anybody, I'd say that I'm a hardened cynic who looks for facts & tries to evaluate things in a fair way, or at least in the way I would like to be treated, should some similar misfortune befall me.
Old 28th May 2018, 20:48   #27 (permalink)

mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Well good on you, you mesh together well, here is a biography of the bloke you look up to, and that would need to be a very low position to look up to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

Last edited by mollag; 28th May 2018 at 20:50..
Akasya (28th May 2018), eddie_c (29th May 2018), JanetClarke (28th May 2018), Kingfisher (28th May 2018)
Old 28th May 2018, 21:58   #28 (permalink)

[QUOTE=mollag;1154308]Well good on you, you mesh together well, here is a biography of the bloke you look up to, and that would need to be a very low position to look up to him.

That's Not representative of what I've posted! You should have gone to Spec-savers..........
Old 29th May 2018, 05:51   #29 (permalink)

[quote=tintagel;1154314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
Well good on you, you mesh together well, here is a biography of the bloke you look up to, and that would need to be a very low position to look up to him.

That's Not representative of what I've posted! You should have gone to Spec-savers..........
But it is the truth of the man you are promoting and who's actions you are defending , a persistent low life thug with a penchant for publicity as a way to supplement his income from his tanning salon.
Lie down with that dog an I guarantee fleas.
Akasya (29th May 2018), akbukowl (29th May 2018), eddie_c (29th May 2018), Michael Hanley (29th May 2018)
Old 29th May 2018, 11:13   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
As I understand he wasn't, he was waiting for the verdict to be announced, as was the other gentleman who was also asked to leave.

Has anyone heard what the verdict was?
That is not the case it happened before the trial started
The Following User Says Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (29th May 2018)

Tags
afternooni , arrested , imprisoned , jeez