Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 2nd September 2018, 16:31   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 21,157 Times in 10,765 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ireland invites Trump

That's ( Irish) politics

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 16:35   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,067 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Cole View Post
The question I asked was about Mr. Barrett's beliefs as to why he felt DT was not welcome, as you instigated the thread and quoted him.

My beliefs are irrelevant to my question.

Do you or do you not know, what he considers as "hateful"? Obvious it may be to you but please, indulge us.

What is the official line of FF, FG and SF to the visit?
You asked what Trump policies Mr. Barrett would find hateful ... I wouldn't presume to speak for Mr. Barrett .... but I thought it would be as said obvious .

Especially, when included was a clue in the quote, when it said he led one of the biggest anti-war protests against US intervention .... well Trump's warmongering and recent policy of bombing Syria and his continued provocation towards Iran weren't going to sit well with Barrett .........

Barrett is both pro-choice and pro LGBT but Trump's policy in nominating anti-abortionist's to Supreme court, or picking a VP in Pence who is an advocate of conversion therapy, or Trump's restriction on overseas aid on abortion clinics, which in turn hit contraception and Aids treatment in Africa ... The banning of Trans from the army some found hateful maybe Barret did .. Barrett is pro the Palestinian people and Trump's policy isn't, as seen in his siting of his Embassy knowing the consequences could and did lead to deaths, the withdrawal of UNRWA funding which hit schooling of Palestinian kids etc . I could go on and on, eg their opposite views on racism, misogyny, and immigration.

Its a pity you feel you can't answer questions, Rose ... as I do yours.

Last edited by Camden; 2nd September 2018 at 16:41..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 17:44   #13 (permalink)

Chasey is a name known to all Chasey is a name known to all Chasey is a name known to all Chasey is a name known to all Chasey is a name known to all Chasey is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Cole View Post
Did Mr.Barrett specify what policies he considers as "hateful"?

One would hope his initial move to cut tax for the rich by cutting medical care to the most poor would be a start?

Perhaps his overturning the Bush/Obama ruling that people should have mental health screening before being allowed to purchase an automatic weapon would be in my top 10. Laughable as he described the shooting that followed in Texas as "a mental health issue not a gun issue" (That's of course ignoring the other 16 school shootings to result in death or injury in the first six months of 2018)

His presidential order on Abortion has caused wide condemnation

His treatment of children on the border with his statement "his administration has no choice but to separate children from parents who cross the U.S. border illegally"

Closing the doors to Muslims???? Way to go to alienate an entire religion.

Entering into a tariff war with just about every one and boasting about saving 15,000 jobs in Aluminium when his move is expected to cost over 400,000 jobs across the USA

His treatment of Turkey I consider deplorable

The people of the USA voted for him and I suppose we have to both respect that and worry about it, but we should do the bare minimum to endorse this monster

In his own words???

“I think I could be President, yeah, I’d be a Fantastic President, ask anyone, I’d be huge, it’s True. I’m famous, people love me and my shows. I could do way better than Obama. I’m gonna run for President, look how easy that job is, a trained monkey could do it. They ain’t seen nothin’….I’m gonna show them how to really be President. This is gonna be Terriffic, it’s gonna be Spectacular, I’m gonna…. I’m gonna make…. I know!!

Mind you on the up side he is comedy gold. I cant believe how many satirical comedies there are about this nut job

Last edited by Chasey; 2nd September 2018 at 17:48..
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd September 2018), Camden (2nd September 2018), JanetClarke (2nd September 2018), mollag (2nd September 2018), saoirse (2nd September 2018)
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:06   #14 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 1,765 Times in 812 Posts
cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future

The Irish vote in America, is always vital to a successful election. Winning the votes back home could well be the motive.
If Trump was to be given a poor reception, you just wonder what the reaction would be back in the USA when the Irish politicians arrive for Paddies day or to discus trade agreements.
Maybe keeping it low profile would be the better option. Any estimates on how much the trip is costing?
cork laurence is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork laurence For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (3rd September 2018)
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:36   #15 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
One would hope his initial move to cut tax for the rich by cutting medical care to the most poor would be a start?

Perhaps his overturning the Bush/Obama ruling that people should have mental health screening before being allowed to purchase an automatic weapon would be in my top 10. Laughable as he described the shooting that followed in Texas as "a mental health issue not a gun issue" (That's of course ignoring the other 16 school shootings to result in death or injury in the first six months of 2018)

His presidential order on Abortion has caused wide condemnation

His treatment of children on the border with his statement "his administration has no choice but to separate children from parents who cross the U.S. border illegally"

Closing the doors to Muslims???? Way to go to alienate an entire religion.

Entering into a tariff war with just about every one and boasting about saving 15,000 jobs in Aluminium when his move is expected to cost over 400,000 jobs across the USA

His treatment of Turkey I consider deplorable

The people of the USA voted for him and I suppose we have to both respect that and worry about it, but we should do the bare minimum to endorse this monster

In his own words???

ďI think I could be President, yeah, Iíd be a Fantastic President, ask anyone, Iíd be huge, itís True. Iím famous, people love me and my shows. I could do way better than Obama. Iím gonna run for President, look how easy that job is, a trained monkey could do it. They ainít seen nothiníÖ.Iím gonna show them how to really be President. This is gonna be Terriffic, itís gonna be Spectacular, Iím gonnaÖ. Iím gonna makeÖ. I know!!

Mind you on the up side he is comedy gold. I cant believe how many satirical comedies there are about this nut job
Good call Chasey. It goes on ... that's why I said it was obvious .but not for some it seems...
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:21   #16 (permalink)
Non Active Member

emerald is a jewel in the rough emerald is a jewel in the rough emerald is a jewel in the rough

Camden are you living in Ireland or are you Irish living elsewhere?
emerald is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:
tintagel (3rd September 2018)
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:38   #17 (permalink)

Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,886 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Only in politics can you slag the living daylights out of another countries leader, but still share the same podium with them weeks or months later. Then, shake hands do a photo shoot and agree on everything.

For all their faults, that must be considered to be an asset........Normal life its, WHAT DID YOU SAY?
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 22:09   #18 (permalink)

Irish Premier return invite to Trumps DC must have been awkward meeting vice President Pence who is an advocate of Gay conversion therapy.

Pence is such a uptight Christian he wont shake any women's hand apart from his wife's ... ....... Good speech from the Premier.

Varadkar met Pence and his sister at the Vice President's Naval Observatory residence in Washington D.C. on Thursday

Irish leader brought his partner Matt Barrett and said he was grateful to be able to be himself

Pence has been outspoken opponent of same sex marriage and transgender rights in the past

His wife Karen is under fire for teaching at a school that bans homosexuality - she was not present because she is at the Special Olympics in Abu Dhabi

But Pence has also been defended by Trump's openly gay ambassador to Germany

Barrett was not at the White House when Varadkar held Oval Office talks with Trump but was due there later to meet the president and First Lady Melania

'Don't judge people for their sexual orientation': Irish premier Leo Varadkar delivers pointed speech in front of 'anti-gay marriage' US vice president Mike Pence as he becomes first leader to bring same-sex partner to Trump's DC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...liticians.html

Last edited by Camden; 14th March 2019 at 22:50..
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th March 2019)

Tags
invites , ireland , trump