FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2018, 18:01   #21 (permalink)

Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light
Re: American huntress proud to shoot Scottish Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
I hate to admit it Spurs but for once I am forced, much against my better judgement, to agree with you

Meanwhile...

A TV presenter has been awarded America’s highest accolade for bravery after courageously shooting a tiny goat in Scotland.

Larysa Switlyk had been hunting on the Scottish island of Islay when she posted a photo of herself with a tiny helpless goat that she had just bravely murdered.

Ms Switlyk, who describes herself as a “hardcore huntress” and hosts the Larysa Unleashed programme, shared her joy at shooting something a fifth of her size with her fans, who presumably all fired their pistols in the air back home in celebration.

Spokesperson for Scottish Tourism, Simon McWilliams, told the press, “Well, she’s a proper hero, isn’t she?

“This tiny, unarmed goat has been terrorising the Isle of Islay for two whole years with its bleating and running off to hide whenever anyone approaches it.

“We’ve been praying for a brave hero or heroine to come and save us from it, and yesterday our prayers were answered.

“We’ll never know the courage it must have taken to don camouflage gear worth hundreds of dollars and blow the brains out of this small defenceless goat from several hundred yards away with a high powered rifle, but we will be forever grateful.”

It is understood that Larysa Switlyk will today be stepping up her hunt by gunning down some bumble bees with a shotgun.

American Huntress awarded medal of honour after bravely gunning down unarmed Scottish goat

It looks as though one of our members may qualify for a Medal of Honour.

Bravery is not part of UK hunting?? Why would it be

Do you feel "brave" eating lamb chops?

Thank god we found someone brave enough to eat the baby sheep

No doubt they cried for the baby lamb as the covered it with mint sorce
What a hero they were driving to Tesco to get it

Tell me again how it makes you sick to your stomach that that baby sheep barely two weeks old had to sacrifice its life for your Sunday roast

Apparently someone's got to eat them, but frankly I am not sure why?

Please get over your selves and stop being in denial
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 18:05   #22 (permalink)

Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Tesco don't kill animals for fun.
No they kill them for your enjoyment / fun

You DO NOT need to eat meet. you ENJOY it
Old 25th October 2018, 18:08   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 2,154 Times in 1,377 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
Bravery is not part of UK hunting?? Why would it be

Do you feel "brave" eating lamb chops?

Thank god we found someone brave enough to eat the baby sheep

No doubt they cried for the baby lamb as the covered it with mint sorce
What a hero they were driving to Tesco to get it

Tell me again how it makes you sick to your stomach that that baby sheep barely two weeks old had to sacrifice its life for your Sunday roast

Apparently someone's got to eat them, but frankly I am not sure why?

Please get over your selves and stop being in denial
Maybe we should all go & get gun licences, deaf the meat counter at the supermarket.
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 35pluschips For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 18:30   #24 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,989 Times in 10,848 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No they kill them for your enjoyment / fun

You DO NOT need to eat meet. you ENJOY it
Unlike yourself they slaughter them due to economic necessity.

I usually enjoy your posts but this time it seems that you are swimming against public opinion - I see nothing macho in the unnecessary slaughter of wild creatures.

Or do you see nothing wrong in Larysaís actions? Plenty of wild long horn goats on the slopes of Yellowstone, try shooting those & see what happens

On the other hand if you came to South Africa to shoot crocodiles, hippos & baboons that are a threat to human life then Iíd gladly carry your bag for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Maisie (26th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 18:31   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Maybe we should all go & get gun licences, deaf the meat counter at the supermarket.

No just stop people murdering cows pigs and chickens on your behalf purely for your personal pleasure

Then you can offer righteous indignation

Until that time you remain hypocritical
Old 25th October 2018, 18:37   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Unlike yourself they slaughter them due to economic necessity.

I usually enjoy your posts but this time it seems that you are swimming against public opinion - I see nothing macho in the unnecessary slaughter of wild creatures.

Or do you see nothing wrong in Larysaís actions? Plenty of wild long horn goats on the slopes of Yellowstone, try shooting those & see what happens

On the other hand if you came to South Africa to shoot crocodiles, hippos & baboons that are a threat to human life then Iíd gladly carry your bag for you.
If you didn't take pleasure in eating them there would be NO economic necessity

Tesco dont do anything people dont eat

Failure to accept the direct link to killing animals and your pleasure eating them is denial of the highest order.

Crocks hippos and baboons? get the hell off their land and they will leave you alone

Humans are the problem

The very reason we need to cull animals is we destroyed their environment and destroyed the natural food chain
Old 25th October 2018, 19:02   #27 (permalink)
JanetClarke

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,782 Posts
JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jannet

Hunting does not involve rounding up animals, herding them into lorries, transporting them hundreds of miles often on ships and overseas then pushing them down fenced lanes into slaughter houses.

Go to a slaughter house. see for your self

Hunting is humanin

Eating processed meet is cruel

Meet eaters have sanitised the process in their minds they are simply lying to them selves that its a humane process.

There ARE humane slaughter houses but they are bespoke and the end product is massively expensive.

Not every one is a hunter. Its a passion you are born with which is alien to many, but you should thank us for doing what you are incapable of doing.

Could you cut a human open and do surgery?

Its a surprisingly similar mind set and you would be amazed how many surgens hunt.

I am 100% against bow and speer hunting.

I am also not a big fan of breading pheasants for hunting but I appreciate the diversified use of the land benefits.

I am totally against hair coursing badger baiting and fox hunting with hounds.
The outrage we have witnessed is really about the American style hunting culture this woman represents and her crass self promoting publicity.

The irony is this woman has ended up attracting a huge amount of negative attention to something most people knew about but largely ignored.

Commercial meat production is a necessity but certainly the transport of animals across miles in packed wagons is far from ideal. On that I would agree.

However, there are a lot of people to feed in the UK and it just ain't feasible or affordable for everyone to obtain their meat in the manner you do.
JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JanetClarke For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 19:03   #28 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 28,247 Times in 12,686 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Failure to accept the direct link to killing animals and your pleasure eating them is denial of the highest order.

Crocks hippos and baboons? get the hell off their land and they will leave you alone

Humans are the problem

The very reason we need to cull animals is we destroyed their environment and destroyed the natural food chain
Toilet rolls , bleach , suitcases....

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (25th October 2018), Jaycey (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 19:06   #29 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 20,351 Times in 8,774 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

I have a number of old friends who enjoy murdering animals but they don’t take to social media posting pictures to glorify their efforts.
I understand the cull but let the animals die with some dignity without YouTube videos or pictures on social media.

Respect needed

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (25th October 2018), Jaycey (25th October 2018), Maisie (26th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 19:19   #30 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,989 Times in 10,848 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Personally I eat very little meat (my wife is vegan) and settle for soy alternatives when I can get them. Many people need to eat meat as a source of protein but the days of hunter gatherers in UK are, or should be, long gone.

??

I agree that commercial slaughter houses leave much to be desired but at least animals are killed humanely and donít leave helpless young behind to fend for themselves.

Many African people need the rivers to provide fish for their families & are killed by crocs & hippos. And the baboons come into houses and cause serious damage and injuries.

Humans are the problem

If you have to travel so far into remote wilderness to find deer it would seem that their population is not threatening the habitat & that their food is in plentiful supply

Culling is sometimes necessary but a pastime that brings sadness to the rangers, not joy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th October 2018), JanetClarke (25th October 2018)

Tags
american , goats , huntress , proud , scottish , shoot