FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2018, 21:23   #1 (permalink)
JanetClarke

Thanked 5,170 Times in 1,782 Posts
JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute
American huntress proud to shoot Scottish Goats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-45967845

A bit taken aback that this is actually allowed.

Last edited by JanetClarke; 24th October 2018 at 21:30..
JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanetClarke For This Useful Post:
Akasya (24th October 2018), Jaycey (25th October 2018)
Old 24th October 2018, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 28,247 Times in 12,686 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American huntress proud to shoot Scottish Goats

Scum

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (25th October 2018), Maisie (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 08:06   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 8,457 Times in 3,033 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Pity she wasn't gored by those big horns !
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Harem (25th October 2018), JanetClarke (25th October 2018), Jaycey (26th October 2018), Maisie (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 08:21   #4 (permalink)

Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light

Scum?

Why? How?

I find it deeply frustrating when stories like this are posted with such bias.

Quick reality check here.

Herd sizes of goats feral pigs, boor, deer etc. need to be controlled for the good of the animals them selves. For example the deer have no predators, no natural restrictions on birth, grow in herd size expediently by 27% per year and cause massive damage to the environment

The RSPB is the biggest hunter of Deer pig and goat in the UK for protection of rare bird species.

Deer have no natural predators (pleas do not mention the reintroduction of Lynx and Wolves. How many of these do you think we will need in Surrey and Sussex Hampshire, Essex etc. to control the estimated 800,000 deer there? How will dog walkers react to fido being ripped to shreds by a Lynx? Obviously all green belt areas would be no go for kids)

If deer are not culled two thing will happen. 1 the herd size will become uncontrollable and they will destroy their habitat and starve to death. 2: All other animals who graze will suffer the same fate. Just before starvation stage they will start attacking trees and shrubs they will not normally eat. End result will be mass deforestation and again a big knock on effect for wild life.

Deer in farmed areas will attack crops causing millions of pounds of damage to arable farmers. They will steel food from our livestock causing millions of pounds of loss and likely death of livestock during winter months.

Deer lucky enough to reach old age, will loose their teeth and starve to death.

At the moment there are thousands of hunters like me who pay to go out an hunt cull animals. We bring in millions of pounds of revenue for local business and land owners and we employ tens of thousands of people in support fields.

The UK environment agency has recommended the cull target for deer in the UK be increased from 30% to 50% to control herd size. Thats approximately 1,000,000 deer a year require culling. Land owners are issued cull targets they have to achieve.

At the moment this brings in revenue.

Ban hunting and the cull target remains EXACTLY the same, but they will have to pay pest control services to carry out the work

Shooting the animals allows you to select the old infirm and poor quality beasts. Yes trophy hunters will take quality animals (Trophy is not my thing) but again there will be X amount of quality "heads" and a number will be accepted for the cull for the sake of business. A quality Roe head can demand £5000+ so some idiots willing to pay for it.

Shooting a beast kills it instantly or within a few seconds. I personally head shoot so death is instant but that demands a higher degree of skill & discipline. Most will heart shoot and you can find video of animals running after being shot.

I have personally seen a deer run 200+m before it dropped and yet on removal of the internals (Gralloch) we found the heart totally destroyed. Adrenalin is an amazing drug.

These animals were wild and living free then one day they felt the impact and a few seconds later they were dead.

Compare that to the commercial meet industry.

People who feel outraged and voice their outrage but then go to Tesco and buy meet are beneath contempt.

I only eat venison I shot duck I shot & fish. I used to catch my own scallops and Lobster but now only eat diver caught scallops.

Vegetarians who are outraged reely need to do some research into the Dairy industry before being too proud of them selves. Its pretty horrific what cows have to suffer to provide us with milk and cheese.

If you think theres another way? I suggest you look at the disastrous efforts of the Dutch Rewilding project. over 3000 animals in a state of starvation had to be put down. Now environmentalists are DEMANDING culling is introduced on to the project.

So in short we can take advantage of people like me who love the out doors and love hunting, to cull the animals or you the tax payer can pay professionals to cull the animals.

Net result is they are culled.

My way contributes to the local economy. Your way is a tax burden.

There are types of hunting that I am strongly against. Hunting with dogs, hunting with spears, hunting with bows (Last two illegal in the UK) This is because its inhuman to the animals. Shooting a fox is fine by me they are nasty vicious animals as any one who's seen them ripping a lamb apart whilst its being born, will attest. They kill for fun rather like man but they have no self control. BUT we should not lower ourselves to the level of a fox and we should kill them quickly and humanly.

Me Scotland two weeks ago.

I am very proud to be a part of the environmental protection of the Scottish highlands and a supporter of the local community.

Not a trophy stag but my first Red Stag so I took a pic. All the meet is in my freezer at home. We will be eating it for Christmas.

Scotland 2018 by markchase8, on Flickr

Last edited by Chasey; 25th October 2018 at 08:23..
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
bashful (26th October 2018), oldfogy (26th October 2018), Spike (25th October 2018), wesaaron (26th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 08:48   #5 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,989 Times in 10,848 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have a licence to kill that beautiful animal Chasey? Pretty sure Larysa didn’t.

Back in South Africa if you kill a wild animal without a licence it’s poaching and subject to severe penalty.

Yes, there are times when culling is necessary to keep balance but this should be carried out by qualified rangers that know how many animals are to be killed – without this knowledge it’s nothing but indiscriminate slaughter.

I don’t understand the thrill some people get from killing – perhaps we should send them to the MidEast to have a crack at ISIS, oops, but then the ‘goats’ would be shooting back and that wouldn’t be fair would it?

Live & let live!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (26th October 2018), JanetClarke (25th October 2018), Maisie (26th October 2018), ted j (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 09:05   #6 (permalink)
JanetClarke

JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute

I too understand the need to cull but surely this can be done without the hunting down of an animal for self satisfaction and thrill.

Of course the meat can be used for food.

Commercial meat production does not I feel involve the hunting down of an animal.

This woman is making a lot of money out of the glorification of hunting and yes she does use bows.

JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Akasya (25th October 2018), Jaycey (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 09:34   #7 (permalink)
JanetClarke

This woman in Africa.
Doubt very much she ate that kill.
JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Akasya (25th October 2018), Jaycey (25th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 09:39   #8 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,989 Times in 10,848 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetClarke View Post
This woman in Africa.
Doubt very much she ate that kill.
Sable are a rare & highly protected species - & no danger of overpopulation.

I've never heard of a licence being given to hunt sable and can only suppose that a shed load of cash was passed under some table.

Last edited by Jaycey; 25th October 2018 at 09:47..
Jaycey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 11:21   #9 (permalink)

Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light Chasey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
Did you have a licence to kill that beautiful animal Chasey? Pretty sure Larysa didn’t.

Back in South Africa if you kill a wild animal without a licence it’s poaching and subject to severe penalty.

Yes, there are times when culling is necessary to keep balance but this should be carried out by qualified rangers that know how many animals are to be killed – without this knowledge it’s nothing but indiscriminate slaughter.

I don’t understand the thrill some people get from killing – perhaps we should send them to the MidEast to have a crack at ISIS, oops, but then the ‘goats’ would be shooting back and that wouldn’t be fair would it?

Live & let live!
There is no need for any licence to kill goats deer pigs duck etc etc in the UK

You need a licence for a gun. Thats it.

You need a licence to do wild fouling (geese duck etc) on shore lands but its a bit like a fishing permit.

Overshooting is never an issue. It is extremely hard to meet the Environment Agency set targets.

Syndicates like my one will asses deer numbers using trail cams and visual surveys but remember we are looking at a postage stamp area of SE UK

I am DSC1 and DSC2 qualified. Steve who works the Syndicate with me is a NVQ qualified Deer manager.

My shooters do not need to be deer managers. We do it for them. They pay to shoot.

There is an organisation called the Deer Initiative. If you own land you can ask them to do an independent cull survey.

If you are a land owner and do no keep to your cull targets and properly manage herds, you can be prosecuted by the Environment agency.

30 odd years ago a group of animal lovers purchased some land in Scotland with a form of crowd funding and stopped all hunting on said estate

Some time later they are prosecuted for animal cruelty after failing to manage the herds on their land.

I shoot four pieces of land in SE England

1 is owned by Dave (a vegetarian) and hes trying to diversify the trees on his land but the Fallow Deer (Invasive species) are killing all the saplings

2: Land owned by two ladies who are also trying to clear forestry, diversify the shrubbery and encourage the population of a rare butterfly and a rare woodpecker

3: Woods adjacent to the above.

4: A 140 acre estate where the owner is responsibly trying to achieve allocated cull targets.

We have targets. We shoot selected poor bucks juveniles and old males. Quality mails are left to maintain the blood line

Come November the 1st, we do not shoot males at all we only shoot breeding does to manage herd size.

We shoot Fallow deer which are invasive and we shoot Muntjac which are invasive.

The indigenous deer Roe Deer are shot in very limited numbers. We only take 5-6 animals a year

We take around 50 Fallow

Muntjack are classed as vermin like rats and we shoot as many as possable. There is no seasion on muntjac as like rabbits they are always pregnant or wheening.

It is estimated that the Muntjac will become a serious threat to native wildlife over the next 20-50 years.

They are very difficult to shoot as they are very small and move abut mainly at night.

Night shooting for deer is not allowed.

There is a massive problem with deer in the SE of England. This is mainly due to the loss of large estates. Woodands have been purchased by the 1000s of acres then sold on as 1 -2 acre plots to city folk who picknick there a few times a year.

When it was large estates there would be a game keeper managing the land. Now it is virtually impossible to get land owner permission over significant areas with so many owners most of whom know sod all about land management.

As a result deer populations are out of control.

Over 60 people killed last year due to road collisions with deer

£140 million in damage claims from farmers

Deer smashing down fences to get into gardens has become an insurance claim issue is urban areas as the massive herds migrate for food.

I was brought up on the North Downs. Despite spending a lot of my childhood on the Downs I never saw a deer. Now its overrun all the way out to Purley which is a built up area.

Woodworm is a problem in houses. We kill them using horrendous growth interrupter chemicals which stop the production of Chitlin used to build an exoskelitin. It is a hideous way to kill something but we all do it without batting an eye lid

Rats are a problem. We poison them with stuff that burns holes in their stomachs

Deer, Goats, Pigs are a problem. We shoot them humanly with guns

Last edited by Chasey; 25th October 2018 at 11:27..
The Following User Says Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
wesaaron (26th October 2018)
Old 25th October 2018, 11:36   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetClarke View Post
I too understand the need to cull but surely this can be done without the hunting down of an animal for self satisfaction and thrill.

Of course the meat can be used for food.

Commercial meat production does not I feel involve the hunting down of an animal.

This woman is making a lot of money out of the glorification of hunting and yes she does use bows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZgD9yx-7k4

Jannet

Hunting does not involve rounding up animals, herding them into lorries, transporting them hundreds of miles often on ships and overseas then pushing them down fenced lanes into slaughter houses.

Go to a slaughter house. see for your self

Hunting is humanin

Eating processed meet is cruel

Meet eaters have sanitised the process in their minds they are simply lying to them selves that its a humane process.

There ARE humane slaughter houses but they are bespoke and the end product is massively expensive.

Not every one is a hunter. Its a passion you are born with which is alien to many, but you should thank us for doing what you are incapable of doing.

Could you cut a human open and do surgery?

Its a surprisingly similar mind set and you would be amazed how many surgens hunt.

I am 100% against bow and speer hunting.

I am also not a big fan of breading pheasants for hunting but I appreciate the diversified use of the land benefits.

I am totally against hair coursing badger baiting and fox hunting with hounds.

Tags
american , goats , huntress , proud , scottish , shoot