FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2019, 13:06   #11 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,628 Times in 16,219 Posts
Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liam Neeson controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
I think Loam is being unfairly pilloried

He was maybe a bit clumsy in how he framed his words but I do not think hes in any way racist
Engaging mouth and brain problem.
Old 5th February 2019, 13:12   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 3,714 Times in 2,375 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how he would've reacted if on those nights he was roaming around, a black guy came up to him & asked for his autograph..........cosh or pen? PEN.
He does have a bit of a vicious streak in him, he beat the crap out of Peter Griffin in Family Guy, where were the protests then?
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 13:39   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,959 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post
It seems to me it's only a problem because the word Black was used .
I don't think so .My Black work mate once told me off for using the word coloured .He said not a problem as he knew me ,but his Black friends would take offence .But not take offence at being termed Black .
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 14:46   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 1,459 Times in 885 Posts
enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
I don't think so .My Black work mate once told me off for using the word coloured .He said not a problem as he knew me ,but his Black friends would take offence .But not take offence at being termed Black .
I grow up with coloured mates . I understand what you are saying . But there is a hell of a lot with a chip on there shoulder . If someone calls me honky so what its only a name ,there is a lot of whites with the same problem .
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
evo80 (5th February 2019)
Old 5th February 2019, 15:59   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 3,219 Times in 1,534 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
I remember in my youth, a white girl gets accosted/assaulted by a black or Asian, justice was swift & not by plod.
yeah... and they made their hoods from white sheets..LOL
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 16:02   #16 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,628 Times in 16,219 Posts
Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute Yalides has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
yeah... and they made their hoods from white sheets..LOL
Never realised black or Asians wore white sheets. Pointy hats as well maybe ?
Old 5th February 2019, 16:55   #17 (permalink)

Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of

If someone told you this in the pub, you'd say 'I get where you were coming from. Good thing nothing came of it.' Race has nothing to do with it. It's his personal anger, helplessness - maybe we should open a discussion about what spaces are left for men in this world to be men? We no longer hunt, we are conditioned to feel shame for the role we have played in protecting our partners and children through generations to the point where those 'caveman' skills are redundant.

We wouldn't be here today if men hadn't been men. From caveman to caving-in man.

Yeah, stalking the streets for a target was risky and could have hurt some innocent person. So where do we brothers go when we feel rage?

I don't think toxic and masculinity belong in a sentence. But we do need healthy ways to express masculinity in world that isn't so repressed or full of men who won't open their mouths in case they get sued in 20 years.

Ying and yang, everyone. Celebrate.
enoch (5th February 2019), evo80 (5th February 2019), mollag (5th February 2019)
Old 5th February 2019, 17:45   #18 (permalink)

Thanked 5,886 Times in 2,572 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Neil.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 18:08   #19 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

Thanked 16,009 Times in 6,774 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Denizli View Post
If someone told you this in the pub, you'd say 'I get where you were coming from. Good thing nothing came of it.' Race has nothing to do with it. It's his personal anger, helplessness - maybe we should open a discussion about what spaces are left for men in this world to be men? We no longer hunt, we are conditioned to feel shame for the role we have played in protecting our partners and children through generations to the point where those 'caveman' skills are redundant.

We wouldn't be here today if men hadn't been men. From caveman to caving-in man.

Yeah, stalking the streets for a target was risky and could have hurt some innocent person. So where do we brothers go when we feel rage?

I don't think toxic and masculinity belong in a sentence. But we do need healthy ways to express masculinity in world that isn't so repressed or full of men who won't open their mouths in case they get sued in 20 years.

Ying and yang, everyone. Celebrate.
You wont be self identifying as big girls blouse any day soon then Neil ?
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 18:09   #20 (permalink)

Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
You wont be self identifying as big girls blouse any day soon then Neil ?
I currently have a contract as a doormat, and I honour my agreements.
evo80 (5th February 2019)

Tags
controversy , liam , neeson