Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 15th April 2019, 12:22   #761 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,481 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: No regrets from Isis lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
To be honest I do think she has a right of appeal and how would she fund it without legal aid. I do not have pity for her but she does have a right to challenge her citizenship removal and her family have a duty also.

What got me was lawyers jumping on the gravy train when they were not even asked.
Can't say I disagree, but why should the British tax payers fund it, why don't the parents fund it, after all it's their daughter and they have forgiven her by wanting her back.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (16th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 12:41   #762 (permalink)

Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,981 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Its going to cost thousands & thousands of Pounds just for this appeal, if she wins & is allowed back, it will then go into millions & millions over decades.

Seems to me that this is a test case because surely there are more of her ilk waiting in the wings.

Last edited by 35pluschips; 15th April 2019 at 13:02..
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 35pluschips For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (16th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 13:02   #763 (permalink)
Just passing through

1 o clock BBC news and now they say the parents are applying for the legal aid for her.
Old 15th April 2019, 13:16   #764 (permalink)

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,199 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

I think legal aid has been given as a sop due to Javid's lack of experience as a Home Secretary, with the mistake in his rash move to revoke the citizenship of a British citizen and the consequences of this act ,which indirectly ended in the death of a child....... a British citizen.

plus.... the consequences of this rash act to come , its no coincidence new laws are being rushed in to make against the law to visit these war zones or certain areas illegal ...so they don't have to use the controversial precedent set by Javid's rash act ...

What is also wrong is the randomness of choice in supplying of legal aid and shown in the examples in the media, like the brother of a Trooper Simon Tipper murdered by the IRA 1982 atrocity in Hyde Park, was refused funding to pursue IRA terrorist John Downey in the civil courts,or deeply tragic and emotionally fraught case of Charlie Gard whose parents weren't granted aid to fight the courts for the right of life... so can understand the outrage over this award....

Last edited by Camden; 15th April 2019 at 13:30..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 13:30   #765 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

I think for many of us here, removing this woman's citizenship wasn't a rash move but a merited one. It seems he had information that wasn't in the public domain ie the suicide vests, that's only emerged the last few days. What happens now, do we have to check if any of her "made vests" have been used to kill men, women & children?

I would think the Home Secretary's priority is to protect UK citizens at Home & IMO that's what he's attempting to do. Lets see how the Courts deal with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to 35pluschips For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (16th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 14:53   #766 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
I think for many of us here, removing this woman's citizenship wasn't a rash move but a merited one.

It seems he had information that wasn't in the public domain ie the suicide vests, that's only emerged the last few days. What happens now, do we have to check if any of her "made vests" have been used to kill men, women & children?

I would think the Home Secretary's priority is to protect UK citizens at Home & IMO that's what he's attempting to do. Lets see how the Courts deal with it.
You seem to have convicted this girl before a trial but just by media reports. .....

This girl hasn't been tried, ( and if left up to you never, as the Kurds haven't got the judiciary and you don't wont her in the UK so Scot free ) as far as I know we are still a country of law and innocent till proven otherwise.

You seem to be trying to take some type of moral high ground suggesting you and others think Javid's act wasn't rash but merited ... basing it on your own definition of what I meant by rash....not mine.

The basis to revoke citizenship is normally granted when its “conducive to the public good” and if it does not make a person stateless.

I agree the “conducive to the public good” could possibly be met if proven on new info but it is normally issued after either a criminal sentence or a proven act.

but not leaving her a stateless person is what I believe was Javid's rash move and if used on others in the same circumstances of not having a dual nationality and a very tenuous connection to another country, we will be constantly as a country be in the EHCR courts defending that stance.

This certainly could be the reason the new laws are hurriedly being introduced to make it illegal to enter these war zones and areas so Javid's rash precedent wont be needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th April 2019), enoch (15th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 15:39   #767 (permalink)

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,929 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/isis-brid...itizenship-ba/
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 16:36   #768 (permalink)
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
Well lets hope the lawyer Gareth Peirceis as successful as he was with representing the hate preacher Abu Qatada.

Also not forgetting the parents view on IS but quick enough to hire someone who obviously has sympathy to that type cause.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
evo80 (15th April 2019), Hilsjw (16th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 17:02   #769 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post
Well lets hope the lawyer Gareth Peirceis as successful as he was with representing the hate preacher Abu Qatada.

Also not forgetting the parents view on IS but quick enough to hire someone who obviously has sympathy to that type cause.

If countries followed the rules you have defended on posts and suggest we the in UK should enforce, we wouldn't have ever got rid of the hate preacher Abu Qatada trial or no trial ... as Jordan could of followed Javed's precedent and refused to take their own citizen back.....beware of what you wish for...

Last edited by Camden; 15th April 2019 at 17:28..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th April 2019), enoch (15th April 2019)
Old 15th April 2019, 17:31   #770 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
You seem to have convicted this girl before a trial but just by media reports. .....

This girl hasn't been tried, ( and if left up to you never, as the Kurds haven't got the judiciary and you don't wont her in the UK so Scot free ) as far as I know we are still a country of law and innocent till proven otherwise.

You seem to be trying to take some type of moral high ground suggesting you and others think Javid's act wasn't rash but merited ... basing it on your own definition of what I meant by rash....not mine.

The basis to revoke citizenship is normally granted when its “conducive to the public good” and if it does not make a person stateless.

I agree the “conducive to the public good” could possibly be met if proven on new info but it is normally issued after either a criminal sentence or a proven act.

but not leaving her a stateless person is what I believe was Javid's rash move and if used on others in the same circumstances of not having a dual nationality and a very tenuous connection to another country, we will be constantly as a country be in the EHCR courts defending that stance.

This certainly could be the reason the new laws are hurriedly being introduced to make it illegal to enter these war zones and areas so Javid's rash precedent wont be needed.
No, the Home Secretary has done that & I think he probably had a lot more info on this woman than we did when he took that decision.
She's been made stateless, who she supported have left people lifeless.

Tags
isis , lowlife , regrets