FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2019, 20:12   #1 (permalink)
susi
 

Thanks: 40
Thanked 57 Times in 28 Posts
susi will become famous soon enough
help logging into HSBC Turkey online

Help please, How to log into HSBC account as it says GSM number and card number , dont have either, thanks, Sue
susi is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 16th March 2019, 10:57   #2 (permalink)
Galaxy Girl
 

Thanks: 23
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Galaxy Girl is on a distinguished road
Re: help

Sue - In my experience all banks now send a single-use PIN to the mobile phone (GSM) number you have registered with them as part of their logging-in security procedures. (in Turkey, I get the impression that ay banking is virtually impossible without a Turkish mobile phone number). Some banks also ask for the last 4 or 5 digits of your card number as part of this procedure. As you have neither card nor mobile, a visit to your local HSBC branch may be worthwhile (if you're in UK that is). Good luck!
Galaxy Girl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxy Girl For This Useful Post:
susi (16th March 2019)
Old 16th March 2019, 11:03   #3 (permalink)
Warren
 
butt007's Avatar
 

Thanks: 580
Thanked 1,031 Times in 399 Posts
butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of
Re: help

HSBC Turkey. You enter in your Ikemet number (residence Permit number) in the top box. Then in the box below you enter in your secret password. You then click on the CONTINUE box, which then takes you onto another screen You then have to key in your secret number into the little handheld calculater type card that you have in your hand, then press the green button which then comes up with a six digit number that you enter into the box on the screen. This then takes you straight into your account. Hope this is helpful to you. Warren


P.S. this is on a computer of course.
butt007 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butt007 For This Useful Post:
susi (16th March 2019)
Old 16th March 2019, 11:13   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,917 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt007 View Post
HSBC Turkey. You enter in your Ikemet number (residence Permit number) in the top box. Then in the box below you enter in your secret password. You then click on the CONTINUE box, which then takes you onto another screen You then have to key in your secret number into the little handheld calculater type card that you have in your hand, then press the green button which then comes up with a six digit number that you enter into the box on the screen. This then takes you straight into your account. Hope this is helpful to you. Warren


P.S. this is on a computer of course.
I take it that assumes you have a res permit and therefore a ikamet num. ?
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 12:06   #5 (permalink)
Warren
 
butt007's Avatar
 

Thanks: 580
Thanked 1,031 Times in 399 Posts
butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of butt007 has much to be proud of
Re: help

Yes Evo80. Of course I meant if she lives here in Turkey. Then she presumably must have a Res. Permit and on it will be her Ikamet number. Warren
butt007 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 13:01   #6 (permalink)
Just passing through
 
oldfogy's Avatar
 

Thanks: 1,655
Thanked 4,244 Times in 2,470 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Girl View Post
Sue - In my experience all banks now send a single-use PIN to the mobile phone (GSM) number you have registered with them as part of their logging-in security procedures. (in Turkey, I get the impression that ay banking is virtually impossible without a Turkish mobile phone number). Some banks also ask for the last 4 or 5 digits of your card number as part of this procedure. As you have neither card nor mobile, a visit to your local HSBC branch may be worthwhile (if you're in UK that is). Good luck!
When logging in from a computer after selecting Internet banking the middle option is 'Forgot Password.
I prefer to still use the number keypad for a one time password (OTP) as it saves having to make sure my UK phone is turned on when in Turkey when using my Turkish phone.

Also once changing from the OTP option to the digital password login it can only be revered back to the keypad and OTP option in the bank and a bew key-pad issued.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
evo80 (16th March 2019)
Old 16th March 2019, 14:54   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,917 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt007 View Post
Yes Evo80. Of course I meant if she lives here in Turkey. Then she presumably must have a Res. Permit and on it will be her Ikamet number. Warren
Yes ,she did not say where she was trying to do the access from.I do know from experience ,when I first came to Turkey 14 years ago they did not require you to have a ikamet number to access the account from abroad.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 21:16   #8 (permalink)
susi
 

Thanks: 40
Thanked 57 Times in 28 Posts
susi will become famous soon enough
Re: help

sorry all but should have said Im in Uk , thankyou to you all that replied,
susi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 21:44   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,917 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by susi View Post
sorry all but should have said Im in Uk , thankyou to you all that replied,
In that case I think you have a problem as it has to be set up in Turkey .I was once with HSBC in Turkey, and they were no help to me at all in the UK HSBC bank.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 21:47   #10 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive
 
yalimart's Avatar
 

Thanks: 13,704
Thanked 21,330 Times in 9,261 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
In that case I think you have a problem as it has to be set up in Turkey .I was once with HSBC in Turkey, and they were no help to me at all in the UK HSBC bank.
Different bank Evo

Martin
__________________
Born in Mancunia

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hsbc , logging , online , turkey


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSBC in Turkey Sara-666 Banking, Finance and Insurance 7 27th October 2018 10:27
Hsbc Turkey online account lesleykay News & Views 8 2nd October 2018 07:55
Have to phone to et back online with HSBC what number for someone who speak English Graham7 Banking, Finance and Insurance 6 16th July 2018 08:08
Paying euro bills in Turkey from HSBC Turkey Santolina Banking, Finance and Insurance 1 7th November 2010 18:49
New from HSBC Turkey RIK Banking, Finance and Insurance 43 19th March 2007 10:33



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155