FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2019, 01:32   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 14,078 Times in 5,375 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
I am telling you I am innocent

Ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya BEGS voters not to throw her out of 77,000 job in video after being jailed for perverting the course of justice over speeding plot.

Criminal politician Fiona Onasanya has begged voters not to kick her out as an MP despite being jailed over a speeding charge plot in a bizarre online video.

The former Labour politician defiantly protested her innocence in a two-minute address shot in front of a backdrop of the New York skyline, saying she would remain as the MP for Peterborough as long as you wish me to do so.

The 35-year-old solicitor was jailed for three months in January for perverting the course of justice but was released after serving one month behind bars.

She is now facing a recall petition that if passed by enough constituents would force a by-election, after the Court of Appeal said her conviction was correct.

Begging voters not to be thrown out of her 77,000 job, she said: Now I have this opportunity, I would like to ask: people have asked for my resignation but what would you do if you were innocent?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dia-video.html

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is online now send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (19th March 2019), Akasya (19th March 2019)
Old 19th March 2019, 01:33   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 14,078 Times in 5,375 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am telling you I am innocent

Sorry, I do not believe you!

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 02:47   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 8,583 Times in 3,218 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

She says she was wrongly convicted, but here is an opportunity to say what really happened, and she says nothing about it. If she had just taken a few points and a fine it would not have made the papers; as so often happens, it is the lies that come after that does for them.

I understand that she has compared herself with Jesus Christ, who, she says, was also stitched up. I think the jury is still out on the JC conviction, he also tried a novel defence of "God made me do it, and then he left me to take the blame."

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Akasya (19th March 2019), Harem (19th March 2019)
Old 19th March 2019, 09:00   #4 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 31,604 Times in 14,655 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with all above , not the original offence but the lies .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 09:24   #5 (permalink)

Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of

To allow a liar into Westminster? Wouldn't that undermine the integrity of our parliamentary system?
bashful (19th March 2019), Harem (19th March 2019), IbrahimAbi (19th March 2019), immac (19th March 2019)
Old 19th March 2019, 10:05   #6 (permalink)

bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Denizli View Post
To allow a liar into Westminster? Wouldn't that undermine the integrity of our parliamentary system?
Like that Neil...... yeah

I don't know the details in this case but on the face of it I have to sympathise with this woman.
During the course of 60 years of driving I have been wrongly targetted by the filth. When I was a youngster setting out on a lifetime of driving we used to refer to them as fascista.
Two occasions come to mind. I was working in Stanford Lincs. and lodging in a pub. I used to park opposite the pub next to a side road turning and returned to my car in the morning to find a fine notice on my windscreen. The offence was labled as parking within 15 metres of a junction. I objected but had to pay the fine anyway. I had to laugh whilst working in central London and leaving my car in a parking meter bay which was within 15 metres of a junction.
During the eighties as more and more traffic cameras were being installed in London I was snapped turning into York Way from Euston Road. What happened was as follows, a single decker bus was on the bus stand outside the station close to the junction. Another single decker pulled up beside the first bus. As I passed the two buses to make the left turn the inside bus pulled away from the pavement as I was turning, causing the bus to slam on his brakes. A cop seeing all this pulled across me in York way and gave me a ticked for driving without due care and attention together with a seven day wonder. I contested it and the police issued a snap shot which they said proved I was in the wrong. Persuing the case at great expense in terms of money and time it turned out there was footage on a video which proved my case.
The case and the fine were dropped but I received neither compensation nor an apology.

Things aren't always what they seem !

Last edited by bashful; 19th March 2019 at 10:09..
bashful is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 12:13   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 4,394 Times in 2,817 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Its a "politician thing", they believe in what they say but fortunately nobody else does.

What gets me is that voters in Peterborough now have six weeks to sign a petition to have her removed..........what a bloody joke, what's to debate, what's to petition against? She did the crime, she did the time, she lied, she continues to lie, why should the onus be put on the public to decide again?
Just a thought, if she did get re-elected, would she then say, "there you go, the jury in my court case plus the Appeal Courts all got it wrong"? COMPENSATION!!!
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 13:52   #8 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 9,347 Times in 4,505 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

She should automatically be removed from office. Give them a by election and see if the party even want to put her forward as their candidate.
Old 20th March 2019, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
Leo

Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Denizli View Post
That rather assumes that she isn't in the company of others in the same boat who seem to believe that the 'crime' is getting caught!

One look at the expenses fiasco tells you so much, as does the number who have been investigated for sexual offences and don't even get me started on the friggin red bus telling us all that we were gonna save 350 Million a week and give it to the NHS!

77K I wouldn't pay them in someone else's rusty washers
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2019, 19:03   #10 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,985 Times in 4,822 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

On the news just now it said she has been booted out from her job

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (2nd May 2019)

Tags
innocent , telling