FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2019, 18:03   #31 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

Thanked 16,741 Times in 7,166 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iranian Tanker boarded by UK Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
Seizure of goods is a sanction ,they counteracted the military involvement by the use of the Gibraltar Police that they brought with them and made the arrests making it a civilian seizure............
Oh dear, Marines just observers with automatic weapons, file that with, my dog ate my homework.

But for all the reasoning behind it's seizure, they have to release it, What a waste of time.

Picardo said he had received written assurance from Iran that the final destination of the tanker, Grace 1, “would not be an entity that is subject to European Union sanctions”, such as Syria.

He said that in light of this assurance “there are no longer any reasonable grounds for the continued legal detention” of the vessel and he was prepared to allow it to be released.

Last edited by mollag; 15th August 2019 at 18:09..
mollag is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2019, 18:17   #32 (permalink)

Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,716 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
Oh dear, Marines just observers with automatic weapons, file that with, my dog ate my homework.
The Tanker was to be detained by the civilian authorities whilst in port but the Gibraltar Govt legal judicial paperwork was not ready in time............ The Gibraltar Police could not have carried out this operation alone ...

You asked the question, sorry it doesn't fit your narrative but before seizing the Diplomatic and all aspects of International law would be reviewed and what message they wanted sent to Iran and it wouldn't been upping of military hence the Gibraltern police onboard and making arrests ...

Quote:
Mollag Quote ..But for all the reasoning behind it's seizure, they have to release it, What a waste of time.
True did anyone say different ..just you ? NO

Last edited by Camden; 15th August 2019 at 18:23..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (15th August 2019)
Old 15th August 2019, 18:19   #33 (permalink)

Thanked 4,180 Times in 2,675 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of sanctions is to put pressure on & avert military action.........or that's what I thought.
Old 15th August 2019, 18:35   #34 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
The Tanker was to be detained by the civilian authorities whilst in port but the Gibraltar Govt legal judicial paperwork was not ready in time............ The Gibraltar Police could not have carried out this operation alone ...

You asked the question, sorry it doesn't fit your narrative but before seizing the Diplomatic and all aspects of International law would be reviewed and what message they wanted sent to Iran and it wouldn't been upping of military hence the Gibraltern police onboard and making arrests ...

True did anyone say different ..just you ? NO
Apols, misread your post.

Last edited by mollag; 15th August 2019 at 18:39..
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Camden (15th August 2019)
Old 24th August 2019, 12:15   #35 (permalink)

Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,716 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

The Iranian Tanker released on a promise by Iranian Regime to the Gibraltar Govt that it won't dock in Syria. Went on its way..........

A late request by the Trump Admin to stop the release of Tanker bound for the murderous Syrian Regime failed ... Since it's release Trump has warned any country facilitating the tanker would be breaking the re-introduced American sanctions on Iran and find themselves penalized for any assistance. ........this was heeded by Greece with a refusal to resupply and give docking facilities to the Iranian Tanker .....it has now put it's destination as the Port of Mersin .. Turkey ....

It will be an interesting scenario to see how RTE will now react ... Taking in mind that Trump has just thrown RTE a life line with help in shoring his already weak Turkish Economy, by, instead of implementing full sanctions Trump has diluted/delayed the sanctions over RTE'S purchase OF S400's from Russia. a sigh of relief for RTE,

BUT Now RTE will have to decide whether to heed US calls and follow Greece on refusing docking ...or ????

This comes at a time when RTE's normally strong Turk/Russian relations are strained, with the Russians Puppet's airforce firing on Turkish forces in Syria. ....

And the normally strained US relations recently being buoyed with the help of dilution of US sanctions on Turkey, also US agreement on the once disputed Turkish "supposed Safe Zone" on Syrian Sovereign soil ( again opposed by Russian Puppet Assad)

So will RTE allow it to dock in Mersin ???? ... a tanker full of his opponent Assad's oil ... but an Ally Iran's request ....( Maybe the Iranians even want to pipeline it across the border )

Hanging over the Iranian request is Turkey's other supposed ally the US's, warning on any help given, with the risk of further US sanctions ...on a failing Turkish Economy .. Will Trump forgive a second time??? .

All this with RTE knowing his normally anti US home base electorate watching, and expecting a strong response ....

I love to see when RTE has this type of dilemma with his failed foreign policy .....

Last edited by Camden; 24th August 2019 at 12:59..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (24th August 2019)
Old 24th August 2019, 14:13   #36 (permalink)
chris

christopher1414 will become famous soon enough

Well I think trump is big headed bully and expects the world to do what he wants regardless of everybody else?
christopher1414 is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christopher1414 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th August 2019), Camden (24th August 2019), saoirse (24th August 2019)
Old 24th August 2019, 18:33   #37 (permalink)

Thanked 6,164 Times in 2,689 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

No question about that.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 08:24   #38 (permalink)

northernlights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher1414 View Post
Well I think trump is big headed bully and expects the world to do what he wants regardless of everybody else?
The majority of iranian people like big headed strong leaders like trump who take a firm stand against the most horrendous regimes iran and syria
Unlike the weak and feeble leaders like obama whose stupid foreign policies allowed so much deaths and destruction
Remember iranians uprising about ten years ago when they chanted “obama obama ya ba ma ya ba ona”(you are with us or with them “
Unfortunately mr obama was with them
northernlights is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 09:06   #39 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

Do you know many normal Iranian people or is this what the news media tells you ?
I do know a good few Iranian folk and they would not agree with you at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th August 2019)
Old 25th August 2019, 10:58   #40 (permalink)

northernlights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
Do you know many normal Iranian people or is this what the news media tells you ?
I do know a good few Iranian folk and they would not agree with you at all.
I’m iranian myself and if i wanted to get my news from western main stream media the likes of bbc persian I would be on the side of your folks
I have in depth information from inside of iran
You only need to listen to what people are chanting in their demonstrations
“Our enemy is right here you lie we you say it’s America “
“Leave syria do something for us”
And so on and so on..,,,,,
We are facing the most horrendous dictatorship in the world .take IS and multiply that by a thousand only this one acts with more sophistication.
Sanctions on this dictatorship is necessary if we want to avoid war
If you know a better alternative I’d like to hear it.

Last edited by northernlights; 25th August 2019 at 11:04..
northernlights is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to northernlights For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th August 2019)

Tags
boarded , iranian , marines , tanker