Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th October 2019, 19:54   #1 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 24,530 Times in 10,854 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Audi Drivers

As a responsible Dacia Duster driver I have to agree with the following, any Audi drivers out there ?

https://themanc.com/viral/audi-drive...wyZ505luVqBQ3I

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (7th October 2019)
Old 7th October 2019, 20:13   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 7,702 Times in 3,656 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Audi Drivers

Most Brexiteers I know drive an Audi....surely no coincidence!
Akasya (7th October 2019), yalimart (7th October 2019)
Old 7th October 2019, 20:51   #3 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,498 Times in 5,055 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Had an audi once, worst car I ever owned

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 20:56   #4 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 11,745 Times in 5,589 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It's because they rely on the four sprung duck technique (See October jokes)

Last edited by IbrahimAbi; 7th October 2019 at 21:02..
IbrahimAbi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IbrahimAbi For This Useful Post:
ted j (7th October 2019)
Old 7th October 2019, 21:04   #5 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
Had an audi once, worst car I ever owned
Had 3, 1 was great, one rejected as a lemon after 13 weeks from new, and the last one needed a new gearbox after about 8000 miles, Stockport Audi asked her if she had been towing a caravan about 4 times, the last time she dragged them out to the back of the car and asked “what’s feckin missing ? “ the gearbox had to be hand built and shipped in from Germany” 4 weeks later they replaced it and asked madam not to come back.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (7th October 2019), ted j (7th October 2019)
Old 7th October 2019, 21:27   #6 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,498 Times in 5,055 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds about right Martin
In 11 months I had (this is on a 1984 model , 2 years old at the time)
A new gearbox
Broken petrol pipe
Heater motor set on fire
Central locking stopped (it was a plastic tube system with a small aquatic air pump under the rear seat which sucked and blew to open and close the door locks ....with the driver's door always being the last to open/close)
Boot and glove compartment lights which didn't go off when both were closed (really bad at night,ended up putting a breaker switch in both lines)

The most annoying thing was a revolving barrel in the dash which rotated once checking everything before the ignition could be operated,then refused to go off, blinking constantly..........................apparently it was the front brakes which had sensors in them with 2 wires , which when cut due to the brake pad wearing down , came on

I ended up getting new brakes to no avail and when I finally traded it in, the mechanic when told said " they have cut the right brake sensor wires shorter, you have to leave both sets of wires the same length , it is a thing that senses when one side of the car uses more electric than the other "..............looked that years later on the internet and that is apparently so !

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
yalimart (7th October 2019)
Old 8th October 2019, 04:51   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 7,702 Times in 3,656 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Wondering when members change cars do they stick with the same car model/company (newer version ) or do they jump around different different car manufacturers.
As boring steady Eddie sort of fellow I just get the newer of my chariot rather than risk jumping around.

Last edited by SLEEPY; 8th October 2019 at 04:54..
SLEEPY is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 05:30   #8 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
Wondering when members change cars do they stick with the same car model/company (newer version ) or do they jump around different different car manufacturers.
As boring steady Eddie sort of fellow I just get the newer of my chariot rather than risk jumping around.
Lived rural since the 80s so always felt the benefit of 4wd, I had my first Duster for 5 years it was a diesel laureate that just meant it had basic AC and a radio and a few more minor bits, earlier this year I decided I was having another so bought the equivalent as you say newer version with heated leather seats, media nav, a thing that bleeps if I am being over or undertaken, full climate control and loads of bits I haven't a clue about, apart from having it for just under 6 months, I have only managed about 200 miles of driving in it the rest as a passenger but I am pleased I stuck with the same model brand.
Linsey had a BMW 330 Hybrid which was economical and used only electric in the main on her commute to and from the station 24 miles in total at a cost of 90p per journey due to charging at night rate. She changed her job which meant trains planes and automobiles, with a lot of the latter involved, so we looked at Jag Fpace and BMW X3, she discounted the Merc as it was in her words minging inside. She sold the 330 and we went back to Jag and BMW who both had plenty of stock lying about, we had a minimum criteria for both in terms of kit, Jag came back with only one but in silver, she doesn't like silver, BMW came back with the spec, an acceptable colour but it had loads of stuff we/she didn't want but as they seemed desperate to get a sale we played hard ball and didn't pay for the extras and gave a substantial discount so that won the day, inside its virtually the same lay out as the other, outside it looks like a South Manchester drug dealers car, a real pot shot target if we go to the wrong part of town.
To cut a long story short she said afterwards, I'm so glad I stuck with BM.
I find it less comfortable than the previous one.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (8th October 2019)
Old 8th October 2019, 05:36   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 3,313 Times in 2,086 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
Have had 3 Hyundai i 10 s since 2005 ( current one 3 years old.Never had a prob with any of them .Considering the £10,000 of current one I can't fault it .£20 road tax 'around 45 mpg quiet at speed ' grandson is 6.4 but his head does not touch the roof .Cruise ,Speed limiter , anti skid.AC.Brill small car.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 06:28   #10 (permalink)
I am not old but wise

friar tuck will become famous soon enough friar tuck will become famous soon enough

I had a 89 Sahin now got Kartal SLX with electric windows & AC, but when using AC my hair gets blown about.
evo80 (8th October 2019)

Tags
audi , drivers