Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th February 2020, 19:07   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brexit going forward

withdrawal agreement with the European Union and an election victory that gave him an 80-seat majority in parliament. But while these events matter quite a bit for Mr Johnson and his political future, they did not make much of an impact on the British economy. Mr Johnson’s premiership rests on the nostalgia of Brexit; its true believers think they were better off in an imagined past, before Britain joined the European Community. They will keep backing the prime minister because he says that the trappings of that past can be restored, even without any economic benefit.

That explains why a big part of the story of Brexit is about fishing, farming and factories. Before the UK joined the common market, manufacturing employed about a third of the workforce. That figure has now shrunk to less than a tenth. Farmers and fishermen, who voted enthusiastically for Brexit, make up a tiny proportion of national income – 0.6% and less than 0.1% respectively. Almost all of the rest of us are working in the service sector – which takes in everything from law firms and media companies to cabs and hairdressing. Work has become more precarious, but disposable income, in real terms, is roughly double what it was before we entered Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...not-to-diverge

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 22:01   #12 (permalink)

bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Marine Le Pen on Saturday hailed Brexit as a "return to freedom," adding Britain's decision to cast off from the bloc was a "failure" for Brussels.

She said: "The United Kingdom has finally regained its freedom.

"Brexit is a terrifying failure for the European Union."

She added: “The UK has just slammed the door in the EU’s face!”

"We will find in the coming months and years that the British made the right decision; that their country will reap great benefits from Brexit.”

The EU, Ms Le Pen insisted, should focus on transforming itself into an “alliance of nations” in the wake of Brexit.

UK will come out on top in EU trade talks, business leader predicts ‘Very favourable!’

Brussels will bow down to Britain's demands for a post-Brexit trade deal, according to a business development leader that says the EU will offer the UK "a very favourable" deal.

Hilary Fordwich of the British-American Business Association said despite predicting a major clash between Prime Minister Boris Johnson and EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier, the UK will succeed in getting an impressive deal.

Ms Fordwich told Russia Today, Brexit will inspire the Dutch to have their own Nexit, and then Swexit because the Swedish would leave.

Ms Fordwich continued that that “one of the sticking points, ironically, is a very small issue in terms of trade across the EU, and that are fishing rights”.

She added: “So, I think the UK is going to get a very favorable deal because this isn’t the only issue at hand. The deal with Trump is very much at hand.”

C&P from Express

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
alva5763 (5th February 2020), Hilsjw (5th February 2020)
Old 4th February 2020, 22:12   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,301 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Marine Le Pen on Saturday hailed Brexit as a "return to freedom," adding Britain's decision to cast off from the bloc was a "failure" for Brussels.

She said: "The United Kingdom has finally regained its freedom.

"Brexit is a terrifying failure for the European Union."

She added: “The UK has just slammed the door in the EU’s face!”

"We will find in the coming months and years that the British made the right decision; that their country will reap great benefits from Brexit.”

The EU, Ms Le Pen insisted, should focus on transforming itself into an “alliance of nations” in the wake of Brexit.

UK will come out on top in EU trade talks, business leader predicts ‘Very favourable!’

Brussels will bow down to Britain's demands for a post-Brexit trade deal, according to a business development leader that says the EU will offer the UK "a very favourable" deal.

Hilary Fordwich of the British-American Business Association said despite predicting a major clash between Prime Minister Boris Johnson and EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier, the UK will succeed in getting an impressive deal.

Ms Fordwich told Russia Today, Brexit will inspire the Dutch to have their own Nexit, and then Swexit because the Swedish would leave.

Ms Fordwich continued that that “one of the sticking points, ironically, is a very small issue in terms of trade across the EU, and that are fishing rights”.

She added: “So, I think the UK is going to get a very favorable deal because this isn’t the only issue at hand. The deal with Trump is very much at hand.”

C&P from Express
I was only ever concerned about the UK leaving, each to their own when it comes to the other member states. What kind of a deal (if any) happens could be a deciding factor for some member states.
Old 4th February 2020, 22:51   #14 (permalink)

Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light

Brexit what now to Brexit going forward is like stopping a stampeding elephant with an extended roll off toilet paper across its path....nice try tho😃
Old 4th February 2020, 23:31   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 7,485 Times in 3,766 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
We do need someone strong at the helm during these negotiations and to be honest Boris has my vote on it at the moment. (I never thought I would say that about Boris), so I await to see if he back pedals.
Well sorry Norman your confidence in Boris may be misplaced according to one of his own self appointed President of the COP after having worked alongside him ... both on his leadership and importantly honesty (what a surprise)... LOL

Boris ...appointed COP President the ex energy minister Claire Perry O'Neil position was rescinded (sacked) by telephone courtesy of Dominic Cummings

Ms O'Neil Speaking on the BBC, said of Boris "accusing Johnson of showing a lack of leadership".

saying 'Our efforts right now are somewhere around the middle of League One. We are playing at Oxford United levels ( didn't they lose tonight) when we need to be Liverpool if we are going to do what the world actually needs us to do.'

Of the Prime Minister, Ms O'Neill said: 'My advice to anybody to whom Boris is making promises - whether it is voters, world leaders, ministers, employees or indeed to family members - is to get it in writing, get a lawyer to look at it and make sure the money is in the bank.'

Not a particularly ringing endorsement of his Leader.ship style....LOL

Last edited by Camden; 4th February 2020 at 23:41..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Leo (7th February 2020)
Old 4th February 2020, 23:45   #16 (permalink)

I don't think anybody will trust Boris on anything Camden, bearing in mind his reputation for deceit, but hopefully his charisma will pull things off, or whatever it is that he uses to get things done.

Muhammad Ali
Old 5th February 2020, 00:05   #17 (permalink)

Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,301 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think Corbyn would’ve been capable of showing the type of enthusiasm & determination that Johnson is now showing. Johnson has a way of imposing himself ie you know he’s there, I never saw that in Corbyn.
alva5763 (5th February 2020), Hilsjw (5th February 2020), Kanga (5th February 2020), Yalides (5th February 2020)
Old 5th February 2020, 09:54   #18 (permalink)

Re: Donald Trump

Bear in mind how people said he wouldn't do this or that, or he wouldn't get this or that, and guess what?

I think the EU are taking him very seriously, as are others.

Who would have thought he would have turned voters in my back door, certainly not me that's for sure.

This is a guy that was London Mayor and now PM.

As CV's go, his is not too bad I have to say.

BWAAAAAHAAAAA! Could I end up being a Boris fan?

Muhammad Ali
Old 5th February 2020, 17:47   #19 (permalink)

Thanked 25,810 Times in 13,637 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Ukrainian startups vie for $18 million in state grants

https://www.kyivpost.com/technology/...te-grants.html

Not meaning to go off topic but such grants could kick start the UK economy - or is such assistance already available?

From what I have heard venture capital is difficult to obtain and imo far more useful than pouring cash into failing industries.
Old 5th February 2020, 17:55   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,544 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Venture capital is available in UK from private investment houses, and you can get 30% tax relief against income tax (not capital gains tax) I've held VC trust since 07 and had some very good dividends which are also tax free. AS I dont need the income they are automatically reinvested for more shares and offset against my tax bill.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (5th February 2020)

Tags
brexit , forward