Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 13th February 2020, 22:15   #221 (permalink)

Thanked 6,872 Times in 4,179 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brexit going forward

FFS being a politician is a ladder climbing exercise & those above you are there to be thrown off along the way. They don’t make friends in Westminster, it’s competition. I don’t know any walk of life like it except for sporting events.
Old 13th February 2020, 22:17   #222 (permalink)

Thanked 6,976 Times in 3,511 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
No, Rishi might not be the above , but If we go by Rishi Sunak ex boss Sajid Javid description of a minister that accepts Cummings conditions “I do not believe any self-respecting minister would accept those conditions."

So Rishi it seems has no self respect having accepted the job with Cummings conditions.

Would have add a bit of a wimp as new minister accepting your advisors wouldn't be your own, but in name only , answerable in the end to the unelected bureaucrat Cummings. And we shall see in future if principled and loyal , If ever asked to sack his advisors or advisor if they don't cut Cummings mustard.... as Javid refused to do.

We now see the position of Chancellor and the normal joint independence held within No 11/ No 10 is now a shell, a figurehead in name only. Firmly controlled by Boris/cummings show at No 10.

Boris could be a good mentor for Rishi in discarding your principles for naked ambition, as Rishi boy it seems has made a good start
Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Who knows what conditions he accepted, are you in the know Camden? Did Rishi Sunak have to fire his advisors and appoint new ones? I have not heard of any Tweets in the media from anyone saying goodbye to him and wishing him false wishes for the future.

Please post any links that you have that support what you say, because the only condition I was aware of was that he fire his advisors and appoint the ones proffered.

Javid stood down due to Cummings conditions on wanting control through Cumming approved advisors ... You think Cummings will now give up that aim and give a grateful newbie new conditions like full control and independence, something he wouldn't give Javid really

Quote:
Bikern quote Did Rishi Sunak have to fire his advisors and appoint new ones?

Quote:
Camden quote ...And we shall see in future if principled and loyal , If ever asked to sack his advisors or advisor if they don't cut Cummings mustard.... as Javid refused to do.

Last edited by Camden; 13th February 2020 at 22:38..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2020, 22:34   #223 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

From the Torygraph....

Boris Johnson has seized control of the Treasury in the biggest political power grab of modern times which sparked the resignation of the Chancellor.

Sajid Javid resigned after being told his entire team of advisers would be sacked and replaced with Number 10 appointees in a joint economic unit - an ultimatum he said “no self-respecting minister” could accept.

The Prime Minister and his chief aide Dominic Cummings put themselves in total control of the next Budget by annexing Number 11 and installing former Goldman Sachs banker Rishi Sunak, 39, as Chancellor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...s-resignation/

Last edited by Camden; 13th February 2020 at 22:39..
Old 13th February 2020, 22:36   #224 (permalink)

Thanked 6,872 Times in 4,179 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
From the Torygraph....

Boris Johnson has seized control of the Treasury in the biggest political power grab of modern times which sparked the resignation of the Chancellor.

Sajid Javid resigned after being told his entire team of advisers would be sacked and replaced with Number 10 appointees in a joint economic unit - an ultimatum he said “no self-respecting minister” could accept.

The Prime Minister and his chief aide Dominic Cummings put themselves in total control of the next Budget by annexing Number 11 and installing former Goldman Sachs banker Rishi Sunak, 39, as Chancellor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...s-resignation/
He seems to do quite well on power grabbing.
Old 13th February 2020, 22:37   #225 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

I would not put anything past Cummings Camden, he is quite dangerous in my opinion, but Bliar had his unelected guy sat by his side - Alastair John Campbell - others such as Thatcher also had unelected special advisors that wielded immense power, so nothing new.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
alva5763 (14th February 2020)
Old 13th February 2020, 22:45   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
I would not put anything past Cummings Camden, he is quite dangerous in my opinion, but Bliar had his unelected guy sat by his side - Alastair John Campbell - others such as Thatcher also had unelected special advisors that wielded immense power, so nothing new.
This is new a joint No10/ No11 Unit , putting Treasury control in the hands of the PM/an an unelected bureaucrat not as historically the Chancellor...

Last edited by Camden; 13th February 2020 at 22:50..
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (13th February 2020)
Old 13th February 2020, 22:52   #227 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

I will give my opinion post budget, because Rishi Sunak does tick the boxes as being qualified and educated enough for the job; but then again what is the qualification?

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2020, 06:54   #228 (permalink)

Thanked 10,530 Times in 4,095 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Will be interesting to see what the budget brings forth for us all !
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2020, 09:10   #229 (permalink)

Thanked 25,579 Times in 13,513 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilsjw View Post
Will be interesting to see what the budget brings forth for us all !
For starters BJ should wipe the national debt clean - if every tax payer chips in then you'd only need to contribute £78,000 each.

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2020 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk
And doubtless BJ will come up with a lot of original ideas like increasing tax on booze & fags.
Old 14th February 2020, 11:23   #230 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 25,619 Times in 11,368 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2020/02...r-storm-ciara/

Logical I suppose.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
bickern (14th February 2020), Camden (14th February 2020)

Tags
brexit , forward