FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th April 2020, 13:47   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 1,341 Times in 618 Posts
Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of
Re: Viable opposition party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
Agreed, way ahead of labour with 4 attempts and zero success.
Since WW2 we have had 6 labour PMs and 9 Conservitive PMs. Lets not forget that Labour were in power non stop for (I think) 13 consecutive years starting with Blair?? Quite an achievement

Keir Starmer is a not very exciting prospect but I think he has the visual presence to gain support even if he doesent realy have the gravitas in terms of experience. He ruled himself out of the 2015 leadership race (despite being asked) due to lack of experience

He was the obvious choice but whilst I hope it finally puts to bed the rubbish about systemic anti Semitism within the labour party, (his wife is Jewish and his children follow the Jewish faith) I wonder if the general UK public is quite so liberated? I am sure his Jewish sympathies will lose him some votes and it would be interesting to see the impact on relations with Palestine and Arab countries generally

His soft left politics are not going to set the world alight but so long as the Labour party seem incapable of separating Corbyns defeat from his left wing policies, I cant see another left wing leader of the labour party in my lifetime.

I find it unlikely that Stammer will win the next election unless I am totally mistaken in so far as BJ being able to cover up the disaster of Brexit with the bigger disaster of CV. And of course BJ continuing to enjoy the public support of his handling of CV? But the conartists could wiggle out of that one with their usual trick of blaming it on the person not the party and ousting BJ for a new face.

I am impressed at how the Conservative con artists are able to pull this trick off with such ease where as the Labour party is apparently stained by the memory of its previous leader???
Chasey is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th April 2020), croftj (6th April 2020)
Old 5th April 2020, 14:12   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 6,482 Times in 4,002 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Starmer reminds me of Max Headroom.

Be interesting to see how he handles the future ECHR report, after all, he himself was in the Shadow Cabinet whilst all the alleged cr*p was going on.
Old 5th April 2020, 14:21   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
doesent realy have the gravitas in terms of experience. He ruled himself out of the 2015 leadership race (despite being asked) due to lack of experience
Other than being a backbencher of many years, but of no note or influence in decision making, or anysort of leadership, what did Corbyn have when he jumped in the chair?

We now wait and see what he can do to change labours fortunes, obviously not an easy job by any means but he will not have to dither about until told what to do or stance to take on an issue.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 14:57   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 1,341 Times in 618 Posts
Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of Chasey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Other than being a backbencher of many years, but of no note or influence in decision making, or anysort of leadership, what did Corbyn have when he jumped in the chair?

We now wait and see what he can do to change labours fortunes, obviously not an easy job by any means but he will not have to dither about until told what to do or stance to take on an issue.

Quite so which is why Corbyn was unable to manipulate the labour party properly during his second election. I feel quite strongly that both his personal high morel standards and his lack of experience in the bull pit of politics lead to his ultimate demise.

As an example when hit in the face with the question about the Necular trigger, he couldn't answer??? Big mistake all he had to do was lie through his teeth like Boris Johnson does and hed have been fine. On the fictitious Anti-Semitism issue? jut find a scape goat and sack them but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Admirable but unlikely to win in the vicious world of politics.

On the other hand if your like Boris Johnson you can just tell what ever lie is suitable on the day and just tell a bigger one later to cover up the first one.

Many examples of this but the best is obviously his resignation under May on the Irish Backstop issue and his comments that there was no way he would ever stand for Ireland having a separate standing to the UK in their EU status, and a customs border between Ireland and the UK, followed by his new leave deal where he said that Ireland would have special status under the EU and would have a customs border with the UK????

I chose this one in particular as its evidence based and 100% provable.

Many many of the other massive lies he told are obvious but more debatable.
Chasey is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th April 2020), croftj (6th April 2020)
Old 5th April 2020, 15:27   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,951 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Monster Raving Loony party for me
I thought they were in power already ?
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
croftj (6th April 2020)
Old 5th April 2020, 15:57   #16 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone would put Boris and trusted to tell the truth in the same sentence unless it included the word NOT.

Corbyn is not whiter than white though, he himself has misled in the past (not on the scale of Boris though), but then he is in politics.

Corbyn is back on the backbenches and now will hopefully look after his constituents interests and hold the government to account when needed. Good luck to him.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
opposition , party , viable