Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th April 2020, 19:55   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Labour going forward

Well, with Westminster about to convene again - of sorts - we might get to hear something from Sir Keir Starmer other than the virus.

In fairness to Sir Keir Starmer, everything not virus related seems to have been put on ice the world over as far as the news media have been concerned.

Labour needs sorting sooner rather than later; the extremists in the party being sorted out for a start would be good news, as they have a lot to answer for.

"The longest suicide note in history" from Mr Foot's days being replicated last December needs very much a rethink regarding policies going forward.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th April 2020, 20:12   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 6,797 Times in 4,127 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Labour going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Well, with Westminster about to convene again - of sorts - we might get to hear something from Sir Keir Starmer other than the virus.

In fairness to Sir Keir Starmer, everything not virus related seems to have been put on ice the world over as far as the news media have been concerned.

Labour needs sorting sooner rather than later; the extremists in the party being sorted out for a start would be good news, as they have a lot to answer for.

"The longest suicide note in history" from Mr Foot's days being replicated last December needs very much a rethink regarding policies going forward.
The calm before the storm...Ö...
Old 20th April 2020, 20:20   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,268 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Tory activist Rowan Powell questioned the diversity of the opposition front bench in post on social media. His tweet listed the names of Sir Keir's newly-appointed top team and pointed out that not a single member had voted to leave the European Union

And he asked: "Have they learnt anything?"

Brexit supporters were quick to respond on Twitter.

Tom Gill said: "Good news is they'll Remain in opposition for the foreseeable future."

Labour new shadow cabinet: Who is in the new Labour shadow cabinet?

George Galloway mocks Labour Keir Starmer's 'zombie' shadow cabinet
A twitter used called Phil posted: "Have they learnt anything? Yes. How to remain in opposition."

Karen said: "Great shadow cabinet that - guaranteed the Tories a win at the next election."

And another Twitter user posted: "Looks like they haven't learned a single thing!

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 20:29   #4 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tory activist Rowan Powell questioned the diversity of the opposition front bench in post on social media. His tweet listed the names of Sir Keir's newly-appointed top team and pointed out that not a single member had voted to leave the European Union

And he asked: "Have they learnt anything?"

Brexit supporters were quick to respond on Twitter.

Tom Gill said: "Good news is they'll Remain in opposition for the foreseeable future."

Labour new shadow cabinet: Who is in the new Labour shadow cabinet?

George Galloway mocks Labour Keir Starmer's 'zombie' shadow cabinet
A twitter used called Phil posted: "Have they learnt anything? Yes. How to remain in opposition."

Karen said: "Great shadow cabinet that - guaranteed the Tories a win at the next election."

And another Twitter user posted: "Looks like they haven't learned a single thing!
To be fair....what else can they fight for?
Only a matter of time till the subject of rejoining comes out from one of their new Frontbenchers.
Old 20th April 2020, 20:52   #5 (permalink)

Poop scoop needed.

https://order-order.com/2020/04/20/e...+conspiracy%29
tintagel (21st April 2020)
Old 21st April 2020, 10:04   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 7,902 Times in 3,427 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
That's if they'll have any money left after the legal actions being prepared against the party for publishing members' names in the report about anti-semitism and violating privacy.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (21st April 2020), tintagel (21st April 2020)
Old 21st April 2020, 10:25   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
That's if they'll have any money left after the legal actions being prepared against the party for publishing members' names in the report about anti-semitism and violating privacy.
Well Starmer is a lawyer so he could be up for a bit of moonlighting lol
Old 21st April 2020, 10:47   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,535 Times in 695 Posts
Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future

Quote:

Fantastic

With luck they will be able to show the truth about what's happening with Brexit and avoid the obvious coverup with CV related issues.

Not going to be easy but I feel highlighting the disasters of Brexit that was instigated by the Conservatives and pushed through by the Conservatives based on a catalog of big lies, is their best hope of getting into power.

It just remains to be seen if the new cabinet can unite the party. I feel that's all they need to do to win when people start to suffer. That and some populist policies.

The issue for me is whether or not they can take a stand on some of the harder problems we face. I am still seeing a lot of denial in the arguments of the left on key areas like immigration and the lack of free speech we have now.

I like many formally solid Conservative voters, will be looking around for options moving forward. That will be a big shift in internal policy in the party or putting my vote elsewhere.
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2020, 10:55   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
Fantastic

With luck they will be able to show the truth about what's happening with Brexit and avoid the obvious coverup with CV related issues.

Not going to be easy but I feel highlighting the disasters of Brexit that was instigated by the Conservatives and pushed through by the Conservatives based on a catalog of big lies, is their best hope of getting into power.

It just remains to be seen if the new cabinet can unite the party. I feel that's all they need to do to win when people start to suffer. That and some populist policies.

The issue for me is whether or not they can take a stand on some of the harder problems we face. I am still seeing a lot of denial in the arguments of the left on key areas like immigration and the lack of free speech we have now.

I like many formally solid Conservative voters, will be looking around for options moving forward. That will be a big shift in internal policy in the party or putting my vote elsewhere.
Fortunately Chasey, leaving the EU will come well before the next General Election & no matter how good the new Labour Frontbench is, the majority that the Conservatives hold cancels them out. Not the way I want it to be but thatís the way it is.
Hilsjw (23rd April 2020), tintagel (21st April 2020)
Old 21st April 2020, 11:13   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,535 Times in 695 Posts
Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Fortunately Chasey, leaving the EU will come well before the next General Election & no matter how good the new Labour Frontbench is, the majority that the Conservatives hold cancels them out. Not the way I want it to be but thatís the way it is.
We already left?

But I am looking ahead to when we rejoin. I sincerely hope the Conservatives win the next election. I want them to be held accountable for all the wows we suffer. With luck it would result in a quantum shift within the party. If not then Labour will get the chance to try it there way, but I don't expect much because
the current leadership isn't radical enough.
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
Camden (21st April 2020)

Tags
forward , labour