Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 25th April 2020, 13:27   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,301 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The EU going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
I think I already pointed out the timeline....no luck with the glasses then?

The Italian Health Service actions and policy taken on the Virus were a Sovereign matter, taken by the Italian Govt ( remember that word Brextremist bang on about not being able to action ..Italy did ) Italians died of the virus....

Unfortunately yes, Italians may need someone to blame at the moment .. and the EU makes an easy scapegoat.....

And I am sure this is being used, reinforced and highlighted as seen both by Italexit and our own Brextremists. In the sick use of Italian misery of thier Dead. In anti EU propaganda ... even though they know this only happened after the initial response, and after that the EU helped and are still helping Italy ... Just shows how low Italexit and Brextremists will go using Italian dead , to get their poisonous Anti EU message across...

When it comes to rebuilding lives the Italians if not poisoned altogether by Italexit's equivalent of Brextremists ..... They will see the truth that after the EU apology for its initial reaction it actually did help and will be there in their support to get Italians lives back to as near normal as possible ....
Italians like all Governments took action BUT where was the EU at the start of their crisis, what was it Conte himself said , "THEY WERE ABSENT.

Remember the reputation German cars had & what happened over dieselgate? The whole of that industry took a kicking & the whole of the EU could well get a kicking over their lacklustre attitude at the start of this virus..
As said though, its up to the Italians what they do, whatever way they eventually go wouldn't upset my day one iota, leave or remain might never be the question even put to that country.
esb1841 (25th April 2020), tintagel (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 13:35   #22 (permalink)

Thanked 7,485 Times in 3,766 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Italians like all Governments took action BUT where was the EU at the start of their crisis, what was it Conte himself said , "THEY WERE ABSENT.

Remember the reputation German cars had & what happened over dieselgate? The whole of that industry took a kicking & the whole of the EU could well get a kicking over their lacklustre attitude at the start of this virus..
As said though, its up to the Italians what they do, whatever way they eventually go wouldn't upset my day one iota, leave or remain might never be the question even put to that country.
The EU doesn't deny .... hence the apology ... France's Macron also apologized for his mistakes ....... Where is the apology from our own Government ....for theirs??? .....it is absent .

Last edited by Camden; 25th April 2020 at 13:47..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 13:38   #23 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Enoch, I think its normal for the more hard hit covid 19 Southern European states led by Macron, to put pressure on the more richer Northern European states led by Merkal for more money for their covid hit ailling economies... Merkal having to walk a fine line ... obviously reluctant with her ( their) own electorate in mind (after historically seen to have had to bail out Greece)
"richer Northern European states"

Who would they be, because my take on it is, every country will be borrowing, every country will be in debt & everyone will face austerity.
tintagel (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 13:47   #24 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"richer Northern European states"

Who would they be, because my take on it is, every country will be borrowing, every country will be in debt & everyone will face austerity.
Your take is right they will all by degrees depending on the state of the economies. With Southern states Spain, France and Italy hit hardest by COVID 19 ... take Italy as example, its borrowing cost would be higher and credit worthiness rating would be lower without EU support.
Old 25th April 2020, 13:51   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
The EU doesn't deny .... hence the apology ... France's Macron also apologized for his mistakes ....... Where is the apology from our own Government ....for theirs??? .....
What's that got to do with "the EU going forward"? Macron doesn't rule over Brussels, it was Brussels who was slow off the mark.
I would think that the Italians couldn't care less what Macron says either.
Tenpin (25th April 2020), tintagel (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 14:13   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
What's that got to do with "the EU going forward"? Macron doesn't rule over Brussels, it was Brussels who was slow off the mark.
I would think that the Italians couldn't care less what Macron says either.
So we expect and castigate the EU for as you said being "slow off the mark" whilst not a word of rebuke on our own countries GOVT for the same ? That is Hypocritical. And a case of glass houses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 15:12   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
So we expect and castigate the EU for as you said being "slow off the mark" whilst not a word of rebuke on our own countries GOVT for the same ? That is Hypocritical. And a case of glass houses.
Not at all, I just wonder what the "EU going forward" has to do with the UK Government not apologising?
Its about where the EU goes next, virus, refugees, Brexit & no doubt the Eurozone issues to follow.
Old 25th April 2020, 15:34   #28 (permalink)

Thanked 11,425 Times in 4,620 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-Covid 2020: Back in 2017 this article gave a very good insight into the mood & thoughts of ordinary Italians on their membership of the EU. They were far from satisfied with the EU's management of the Migrant Crisis & lack of support Italy received/receives. Their dislike, distrust of the Euro hadn't dissipated, they believed Italians were made & remain worse off because of adopting the Euro.

Contains good personal accounts from Italians themselves, interesting read. Read more:

https://www.politico.eu/article/ital...ion-crisis-eu/

These interesting statistics are taken from the official EU Poll late 2018 (below), the number of Undecided's is particularly high & would be the deciding factor in a vote.

Contains easy to read graphs of results.

The data comes from the European Parliament's Parlemeter 2018, a public opinion survey of 27,474 EU citizens, around 1,000 from each member state.

"While 18 percent say the EU is a bad thing, less than half of Italians say they're sure they would vote in favour of remaining in the European Union, a new survey indicates, making Italy one of the bloc's most eurosceptic countries.

According to a poll of nearly 28,000 Europeans commissioned by the European Parliament, just 44 percent of Italians surveyed said they would vote to stay in the EU, the lowest percentage of all 28 member states – including the UK, which is actually leaving, and where 53 percent of respondents said they would vote to remain if they had the chance.

Yet more Brits than Italians currently oppose the EU, with only 24 percent in Italy saying they would vote to leave the bloc compared to 35 percent in the UK.

In Italy a higher percentage of respondents were undecided, with 32 percent saying they weren't sure how they'd vote."

https://www.thelocal.it/20181017/ita...talexit-brexit

Nothing & Nobody is going to persuade me that the EU's catastrophic failure re: Covid Crisis, has done anything to improve Italians perception (or anyone else's) of the EU inability to focus on anything other than their Precious Pillars & the survival of the Euro! They are still printing money as I type desperately trying to hang on to what is, for most of the Euro Countries a Noose around their necks...……. Which they would ALL be better off without (IMHO)

As for 'apologies' .... Words are Cheap! Actions will Always speak louder than mere Words!

If it's Too Big to Fail, its Too Big to Exist

Last edited by tintagel; 25th April 2020 at 15:36..
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (25th April 2020), esb1841 (25th April 2020), Tenpin (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 18:05   #29 (permalink)

Thanked 4,034 Times in 2,246 Posts
esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute esb1841 has a reputation beyond repute

beware of the EU bearing gifts as it normally comes with a price tag austerity

As Italy asks for coronavirus help, its populists wait for the answer
The worst-case scenario for the Italian establishment would be a bailout with strict conditions.

The most likely tool for that type of EU assistance is the European Stability Mechanism (ESM), which supplies governments with rescue loans provided they agree to strict conditions on how they will manage their economies during the time it takes to pay them back.

The ESM is politically toxic in Italy, because of its involvement in the Greek crisis, when the bailout was attached to demands for strict austerity measures by the so-called Troika: the European Central Bank, the Commission and the IMF.

https://www.politico.eu/article/coro...aly-populists/
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to esb1841 For This Useful Post:
tintagel (25th April 2020)
Old 25th April 2020, 18:45   #30 (permalink)

Thanked 1,714 Times in 941 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agreed but the majority voted to leave.
No they haven't
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (25th April 2020), Camden (25th April 2020)

Tags
forward