Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 1st July 2020, 06:57   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 1,682 Times in 760 Posts
Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future
Re: Black Lives Matter

RE the freedom of speech post. Your 100% wrong.

We want a free society we want freedom of speech and freedom of expression and that comes at a very high cost.

That cost involves putting up with groups like BLM telling us we don't need a police force and a mother father + children family unit should be replaced with a commune and we have to put up with white supremacists and fascists

Freedom of speech[2] is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or a community to articulate their opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or legal sanction. The term "freedom of expression" is sometimes used synonymously but includes any act of seeking, receiving, and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the UDHR states that "everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

Freedom of speech is a right and as long as that speech or expression doesent break a law it should be allowed

Deplatforming ANY speech is the beginning of the end

SIt down and have a long chat with my wife about the removal of free speech in China. Then tell me you think its a good idea

People make much of the power of democracy and the power of the majority in any democracy when it suits their agenda and then they make much of the power of the minority in other discussions when again it suits their agenda

The minority group BLM is making headway into the mainstream moderate left and the centre liberals on one single good aspect of its otherwise insidious manifesto. If we attempt to silence the opposition they will no doubt do the same to the moderate right and centre.
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
immac (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 06:58   #22 (permalink)

Thanked 10,530 Times in 4,095 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Sound advise S.H. !
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Sha Hoorsur (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 07:38   #23 (permalink)

Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Please post your references to the funding of BLM and your opinion of why you believe that is an argument against BLM.
BLM’s major financial supporters include:

Airbnb – $500,000 to BLM and the NAACP
Anastasia Beverly Hills fashions – $1 million pledged, $100,000 donated so far to groups including BLM
Bad Robot Productions – film studio involved in Star Trek, Star Wars, and Mission Impossible, $10 million pledged to “anti-racist” groups. BLM among the first recipients
BTS, a Korean pop group – $1 million, matching donations from fans
Cisco, electronics giant – $5 million to groups including BLM and its own Fighting Racism and Discrimination fund
DECIEM cosmetics – $100,000 to NAACP and BLM
Democracy Alliance – another Soros-linked group, added BLM to its annual $500 million donor list
Door Dash – food delivery company, $500,000
Ford Foundation and Borealis Philanthropy – Left-wing groups that established a $100 million donor fund
George Soros’ Open Society Foundation – $33 million
Glossier cosmetics – $500,000
Pokemon Company – owners of the popular card game and its characters, $100,000
Scopely – mobile phone game developer, $1 million to BLM, NAACP, and Equal Justice Initiative
Spanx – undergarment manufacturer, $100,000 to groups including BLM
Square Enix computer games – $250,000 to BLM, also matching employee donations
Ubisoft computer games – $100,000 to NAACP and BLM
The Weeknd – Canadian R&B singer, $250,000

Sources include the above-mentioned Washington Times and Fortune pieces, Politico, Rolling Stone, Forbes, NBC News, The Wrap, and Elle, which has a long list of fashion and cosmetics firms making donations to BLM. ArtNet on Monday published a list of artists and galleries holding charity sales to support BLM.

In and of its self the high levels of funding are not a problem. The problem is the image of BLM as a street level "of the people" group sticking it to the man is totally utterly wrong. They are extremely well organised and extremely well funded left wing political movement who are proud to claim Marxist beliefs.

Quote:
I watched the DallasNews video and I do not understand how anyone can take the point of view that it is a counter argument to BLM. Please enlighten me.

I never said it was a counter argument I said it is a part of the concept of free speech. Free speech isn't what you or I deem acceptable it is exactly what it states on the tin. The freedom of speech and expression without risk of oppression

Keep it within the law and thats fine.

Did this video show criminal activity? Yes but then so did 1000s of videos of BLM marches and riots.

If you carefully read the data on the two sites below, they show disproportionate violence by police toward black males. They also address the issue of mental illness deaths by police, what, I believe you might mean by the DallasNews video? (Although I am not sure)

I think its you that needs to read it carefully

The problem is statistically more black people live in high crime areas, and more police shootings happen in high crime areas. The fact remains that 90% of black people killed in the USA are killed by other black people

If black lives matter were actualy trying to save black lives? shouldn't that issue be addressed?

The next problem is black people only account for 13% of the population but if you look at the number of white people killed by black people its DOUBLE the number of black people killed by white people?

There are many socio economic reasons for the raw stats above and the raw stats your posting and its a very complex issue but the point is only a tiny percentage of 1%of black deaths in the USA happen at the hands of white police. So why is this the focus of the problem?

No one is suggesting theres no room for improvement in racial equality and racial freedoms in the USA and the UK for that matter. The point is the movement of BLM is so tightly focused on a tiny tiny issue of racism in the police and its doing so because of its wider goals of bringing down the system. I am not sure it actualy cares about the race issue as a primary goal

Mussolini was famed for his achievement of getting the trains to run on time, Hitler for his regeneration of German industry and economics. However the down side of those two monsters far outweighed the good. This is my concern over the manifesto for BLM and their radical left leanings

I applaud anything they can achieve in their goal to reform the police but I do not support defunding and I do not support a move to make the police do what they did in the UK with the Pakistani rape gangs and totally ignore crime and areas where crime is being committed simply because of the likelihood of being prosecuted for racial hatred. Police no go areas are totally unacceptable. Criminals using race as a way to avoid prosecution is equally unacceptable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
Harem (1st July 2020), immac (1st July 2020), Struggs (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 07:51   #24 (permalink)

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,153 Posts
Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
If you think it is funny, then post it on the jokes thread. I am dismayed that anyone can stoop so low as to post it on a thread like this. It shows contempt for the feeling of others and a nastiness that I have rarely seen TLF.
Well it looks like Iv'e given you something to be offended by, and I'm sure you'll find something else fairly soon. People like you are always going to be offended by something. You really need to get out more mate. Dont fret though, your little band of sheeple will be along later to offer their thanks and support.
Sha Hoorsur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2020, 08:02   #25 (permalink)

Thanked 1,707 Times in 817 Posts
429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future 429nufc has a brilliant future

Flock
429nufc is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 429nufc For This Useful Post:
Sha Hoorsur (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 08:03   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleEarth View Post
Actually it is sound advice, unfortunately what Chris Rock did was
make a dark and ironic comedy, not funny and in poor taste...
about the below...

Stop the Violence Safety Video for when you get pulled over by the Police.
YouTube

An example of "walking while black" (a crime in some neighborhoods),
UH, while carrying a rifle in the open with a LEGAL permit to carry.

White Vs. Black Open Carry Social Experiment Expose Racism With Police - YouTube

Trump did not start the violence of the extreme (alt) right in the USA but his election accelerated the instances of it and emboldened its advocates such as Rush Limbaugh, FAUX (not) news and its sewage spitting characters such as Hannity, Breitbart and Bannon, et. al.

Extreme right media sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altern..._media_outlets
The second video is a very powerful argument

Personally id have drawn my gun on both parties and responded the same way to both party's but that's because civilised people don't walk down the road with an semi auto rifle

The video suggest a slam dunk for proof of racism but what it doesent show is why this is automatically the case

So if your a police officer and you know from training and personal experience that people with red hair are more likely to commit violent crime than people with blond hair? Would this explain the reaction of the person had red hair?

Is this in and of its self an example of racism?

If the officer has prior knowledge of increased risk due to the suspected perps red hair but also is aware he runs a high risk of incarceration or prosecution of some sort if hes wrong and an equally high risk of ending up dead if hes right? What should he do?

What would you do?

Walk a mile in my shoos springs to mind

Perhaps i am wrong and its just racism clear and simple but I suspect the issues are far more complex than that

Former police officer discusses this below

Old 1st July 2020, 08:04   #27 (permalink)

Thanked 24,546 Times in 12,539 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I reckon its pure racism plain n simple

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Akasya (1st July 2020), Camden (1st July 2020), IbrahimAbi (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 09:23   #28 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,021 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
The second video is a very powerful argument

Personally id have drawn my gun on both parties and responded the same way to both party's but that's because civilised people don't walk down the road with an semi auto rifle

The video suggest a slam dunk for proof of racism but what it doesent show is why this is automatically the case

So if your a police officer and you know from training and personal experience that people with red hair are more likely to commit violent crime than people with blond hair? Would this explain the reaction if the person had red hair?

Is this in and of its self an example of racism?

If the officer has prior knowledge of increased risk due to the suspected perps red hair but also is aware he runs a high risk of incarceration or prosecution of some sort if hes wrong and an equally high risk of ending up dead if hes right? What should he do?

What would you do?

Walk a mile in my shoos springs to mind

Perhaps i am wrong and its just racism clear and simple but I suspect the issues are far more complex than that

Former police officer discusses this below

YouTube
Your "red hair" example is profiling and a red herring argument. Why not say what you mean and substitute black for red hair? Profiling of all "red haired' persons leads to a lot of unnecessary harassment and assumptions which often lead to bad arrests or detentions at the least and death by police at the worst. Profiling has been shown to be a poor indicator of the values and intentions of the person being profiled.

" civilised people don't walk down the road with an semi auto rifle"
In general I tend to agree with you, unfortunately this happens in so many communities in the USA every day and so often, BY WHITE PEOPLE, it is not newsworthy--UNLESS the weapon is held by a black person. The cops in question SHOULD have handled both of them the same way, but that just ain't the reality.

Brits just do not get it with Americans and their aggressive attitudes about guns and their consumption, and fascination, and paranoid ramblings about them. As someone coming from across the pond from you, I am always "gobsmacked" and amazed when I see a British crime film showing police chasing someone down and tackling them when, if they were armed, it would be so much simpler to put a bullet in the back of the person running away.
He ran away right?
He must have been guilty of something therefore he should be shot right?
Since you are seemingly from the UK I will give you a bye on this one.

What would I do? I was never a cop, I was in the military where lethal force was the FIRST thing we were trained to use. That being said, we WERE trained and taught about war crimes and the right to refuse an order to commit one. But that's a tough sell in a combat situation where the s*** has hit the fan, next thing you know a lot of "red haired" people get pushed in to a ditch and murdered.

I WOULD like to think I would have been trained to defuse the situation without using my weapon. I WOULD like to think I could assess the quality of the surroundings and the neighborhood, stop the citizen whilst taking precautionary measures (NOT including pointing a weapon), and make appropriate inquiries about why these citizens were carrying rifles and did they have permits to open carry. If they did, then by the law, I could and should do no more. Many cops DO this every day and it does not get in the news. Every situation a cop comes across where he or she has to make a judgement call, that is the nature of their job. Like the military it can be dangerous and sometimes people get killed in the line of duty. That does not excuse lethal behaviour against non-combatants or law-abiding citizens.

Police are allegedly trained to handle violent offenders with weapons, they are allegedly trained not to unholster their weapon unless their lives are in danger, they are allegedly trained to use ALL NON-violent means at their disposal before they resort to lethal force. That sometimes gets a cop killed no doubt, that does not make it bad policy.

Black male with a gun = perp to a cop far too frequently, the "red hair" situation.

p.s The "black police officer" makes a good interview admittedly, but BLEXIT was founded by an alt-right activist, Candace Amber Owens, "who was influenced by the works of Ann Coulter, Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Carson, and Thomas Sowell." She is a hard-core Trump supporter so you know which side of the pot she gets her coddling from.

Last edited by MiddleEarth; 1st July 2020 at 09:39..
MiddleEarth is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
Camden (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 10:49   #29 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,021 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Black Lives Matter

I dunno, just sayin' maybe cops are better trained at other things and not these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nurses&Patients.jpg (13.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg NuttyGuy.jpg (16.1 KB, 50 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
Camden (1st July 2020), IbrahimAbi (1st July 2020)
Old 1st July 2020, 12:28   #30 (permalink)
The Yorkshireman

Thanked 1,418 Times in 718 Posts
Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of

Terry Crews is facing backlash for warning that Black Lives Matter must not become 'black lives better'

https://www.insider.com/terry-crews-...r-tweet-2020-7

Terry Crews has come under fire for tweeting: "We must ensure #blacklivesmatter doesn't morph into #blacklivesbetter."

Crews previously face backlash on June 8 for tweeting that leaving white people out of race conversations could create "black supremacy."

Tags
black , lives , matter