Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:58   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 7,044 Times in 4,297 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
Can you explain how your'e new question is relative to my post answering on how decisions are based ???? .........some unkind soul might think the post with new question is just a habitual distraction ....
Distraction? It was a simple enough question, do you know of any substandard foods currently entering the UK now? Because my next questions are, where did the iffy eggs & horse meat originate from that got removed from UK supermarket shelves.....
By all means hold the banner up for good products but donít for one minute think that the EU is some shining light on all goods. Remember dieselgate? Damaged health, cost lives & hit the environment.
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:40   #22 (permalink)

Thanked 1,529 Times in 665 Posts
Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Can you give us a specific example of substandard food currently & knowingly
being imported into the UK?
Personally I can't but in my excuse, shock horror, I'm not in charge of shopping.
The examples you gave were criminal offences and fraud. A bit like alcohol laced with anti freeze.
I would suggest you are straying from the point.

Last edited by Bramidan; 2nd October 2020 at 15:43..
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bramidan For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (2nd October 2020), Camden (2nd October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:43   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 7,455 Times in 3,749 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Distraction? It was a simple enough question, do you know of any substandard foods currently entering the UK now? Because my next questions are, where did the iffy eggs & horse meat originate from that got removed from UK supermarket shelves.....
By all means hold the banner up for good products but don’t for one minute think that the EU is some shining light on all goods. Remember dieselgate? Damaged health, cost lives & hit the environment.
Simple question, but it seems you still can't explain why its relative to the actual post I answered ...

But I will pander to your distraction...

First your "now" ... now hasn't been mentioned in posts, concerns for future have...... coming from The Brexit US UK trade deal....... were Liz Truss has said she is willing to make a package of concessions to get it done and the US Chief negotiator has also concluded with lobbyist ( below) expecting some of these concessions from the UK to be included .

In negotiations concessions are expected especially from the Stronger Partner in this case the US, If only part is done mean s we have lowered our standards ...... So the Substandard you talk of could find there way to the consumers shelfs hence the warnings .... for example e.g American pork products were Ractopamine isn't classed as a substandard product .... but to 160 other countries find unfit ( substandard)

This is why when given the choice to protect Food Standards in Law the Tories voted it down.

Last edited by Camden; 2nd October 2020 at 16:06..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (3rd October 2020), IbrahimAbi (2nd October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:51   #24 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramidan View Post
Personally I can't but in my excuse, shock horror, I'm not in charge of shopping.
My thoughts are. Government doesn't own business. Retail knows, anything with an iffy tag on it or even suspicions wont get sold.
My daughter is involved in buying for Aldi, they don't just double check produce & products, they constantly check it. Their attitude being, they want to find the faults before the customer does or is told about them.

Lets face it, the shopper has no real idea what's put on or into foods that we buy. Its only when a scandal hits that we find out.
Bramidan (2nd October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:02   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Simple question, but it seems you still can't explain why its relative to the actual post I answered ...

But I will pander to your distraction...

First your "now" ... now hasn't been mentioned in posts, concerns for future have...... coming from The Brexit US UK trade deal....... were Liz Truss has said she is willing to make a package of concessions to get it done and the US Chief negotiator has also concluded with lobbyist ( below) expecting some of these concessions from the UK to be included .

In negotiations concessions are expected especially from the Stronger Partner in this case the US, If only part is done mean s we have lowered our standards ...... So the Substandard you talk of could find there way to the consumers shelfs hence the warnings .... for example e.g American pork products were Ractopamine isn't classed as a substandard product .... but to 160 other countries find unfit ( substandard)
The crucial line, "US lobbyists want", have they got what they wanted then?
I gave you facts Camden, you can only offer speculation on the future.
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:13   #26 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

Thanked 17,866 Times in 7,692 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What lower standards of food quality? Are you meaning chlorinated chicken?
That seems like a yes to me , good luck with it. I dont want lowered standards
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (2nd October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:21   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
That seems like a yes to me , good luck with it. I dont want lowered standards
Seems like a yes lol
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:28   #28 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The crucial line, "US lobbyists want", have they got what they wanted then?
I gave you facts Camden, you can only offer speculation on the future.
You forgot the stronger partner's the US negotiator wanting the same and Brexiteers accepting the need to concede.... selective reading on your part ..

It's funny those in the Industry are concerned but not you, must be the delusion or anything is acceptable if it concerns Brexit .... a lemming .... .

I will give you a fact, the Brexiteer's could have shown their intent to keep High and present Food Standards when given the chance to enshrine it into law in any trade negotiations the Tories voted it down.....

Last edited by Camden; 3rd October 2020 at 03:00..
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:25   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
You forgot the stronger partner's the US negotiator wanting the same and Brexiteers accepting the need to concede.... selective reading on your part ..

It's funny those in the Industry are concerned but not you, must be the delusion of anything is acceptable if it concerns Brexit .... a lemming .... .

I will give you a fact, the Brexiteer's could have shown their intent to keep High and present Food Standards when given the chance to enshrine it into law in any trade negotiations the Tories voted it down.....
Errr so, a trade deal has been done between the US & the UK has it, does Pelosi know about it?
Nothing but speculation Camden.
Old 2nd October 2020, 18:06   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Errr so, a trade deal has been done between the US & the UK has it, does Pelosi know about it?
Nothing but speculation Camden.
Did you read the OP opening post ..... reminder....

Quote:
IbrahimAbi quote I know that some people are concerned about US food standards coming to the UK post Br****, such as chlorinated chicken. I thought it would be useful to have somewhere to discuss it.
As posted Concerns and facts given ....

Tags
food , standards