tylerbabe

North Cyprus
Does any one know the best way to get to North Cyprus by ferry as Dalaman are not flying to Ercan any more. Have looked at Tasucu Alanya but 9 hour drive away.:45:

mollag

Kipper restorer
North Cyprus
We traveled recently from Tasacu to NC, nice town but the boat is the worst i have ever travelled on, would never repeat again.

North Cyprus
hi Anamur is two to three hours further on than Alanya..about midway between Alanya and Taşacu....i do this route several times a year..
and also use the ferry from Alanya and Taşacu
There are no ferries from anamur to Cyprus
Ps forgive me..but i think you are mixing Taşacu and alanya up..Taşacu is about 6 hours from Alanya

heldo

North Cyprus
we went a few weeks ago from alanya. and it took 4 and a half hours. so boring. but worth the visit.

tylerbabe

North Cyprus
hi Anamur is two to three hours further on than Alanya..about midway between Alanya and Taşacu....i do this route several times a year..
and also use the ferry from Alanya and Taşacu
There are no ferries from anamur to Cyprus
Ps forgive me..but i think you are mixing Taşacu and alanya up..Taşacu is about 6 hours from Alanya

I am not mixing Tasacu up I know it is hours past Alanya please read my post !!!!!!!!!!! What I am saying is Anamur is closer but I have been quoted is !!!!!!!!! they do not ferry from there to NC. Why advertise it on the internet. So I think it has to be Tasacu then. :amen:

North Cyprus
I am not mixing Tasacu up I know it is hours past Alanya please read my post !!!!!!!!!!! What I am saying is Anamur is closer but I have been quoted is !!!!!!!!! they do not ferry from there to NC. Why advertise it on the internet. So I think it has to be Tasacu then. :amen:

sorry....i must be totally misunderstanding you ...
why go to taşacu when alanya is nearer
you can take a ferry from alanya..as you can see on the link i posted
im only trying to be helpful as i know these routes very well

dalyansteve

North Cyprus
There are Onur air flights from Stanstead to DLM and then on to Ercan, so how come you cannot book from DLM to Ercan? There are 2 flights every Sunday.

tylerbabe

North Cyprus
sorry....i must be totally misunderstanding you ...
why go to taşacu when alanya is nearer
you can take a ferry from alanya..as you can see on the link i posted
im only trying to be helpful as i know these routes very well

Thanks but can not find the link you put on.:boohoo:

dalyansteve

North Cyprus
Ferrybot, or something like that, I found it fairly easily just to the south of the castle. Horrible trip, would rather fly from anywhere, Antalya or Izmir.

dalyansteve

North Cyprus
Why a horrible trip then !!

They quote 2 hours and it takes about 4, it is on one of the oldest 1st generation hydrofoils and is very uncomfortable with the vibrations and the jigging up and down. I have had smoother crossings on the north sea and the irish sea. It also took nearly 6 hours to get to Alanya on a blisteringly hot day, an overnight stay before catching the ferry etc etc. So all in it is cheaper and easier for us to fly even from Izmir or Antalya than to use this ferry. If I lived in Alanya, I would still choose to fly, the only usefull purpose seems to be for students coming and going with all their worldly goods including cooking equipment, fridges and bedding.

tylerbabe

North Cyprus
They quote 2 hours and it takes about 4, it is on one of the oldest 1st generation hydrofoils and is very uncomfortable with the vibrations and the jigging up and down. I have had smoother crossings on the north sea and the irish sea. It also took nearly 6 hours to get to Alanya on a blisteringly hot day, an overnight stay before catching the ferry etc etc. So all in it is cheaper and easier for us to fly even from Izmir or Antalya than to use this ferry. If I lived in Alanya, I would still choose to fly, the only usefull purpose seems to be for students coming and going with all their worldly goods including cooking equipment, fridges and bedding.[/QUOTE)

Thanks for that I am really looking forward to it now :splat:I looked at flights none from Dalaman so ferry here we come :yipee::

Latest Posts

Top Bottom