angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Alanya to Northern Cyprus by boat
Does anyone know the frequency of the boats from Alanya to Northern Cyprus please? How much does it cost? And how long does it take? We would be going mid September probably. :blowkiss:

angelaturkey

Just found out myself - via a Turkish friend in Side - it costs 195 TL return and takes 2 hours - only goes on Thursday and Sunday from a place called Tasucu apparently -

val2661

They go twice weekly Monday and Thursday from Alanya, but only in the Summer months (April - September). it cost about 140TL when I went 3 years ago. We booked our tickets from the ferry office near the harbour. The journey takes almost 4 hours and the ferry lands in Kyrenia.

Val

angelaturkey

Thanks to you all - but shame we cannot go by boat - I would have preferred that.
Sue - you are right - Pegasos have flights from Antalya for only 170 TL return - so will do that instead -

beyazbayan

The boat was ideal walk down to the harbour and get on boat get off in Girne get a taxi in the centre five mins later. The airport is a two hour drive book in one hour before the flight land on the wrong side of the island if you want Girne then bus across the island. Bus to Tasacu long journey then choice of two boats slow boat which takes vehicles and fast one passengers only.

plane is much easier..the road to Taşacu take about 6 hours on dangerous road full of hairpin bends...its got beautiful scenery some of the best in Turkey..but....
i have friends who moved to Cyprus last week and flew over a few times prior to the move then last week took a car load of stuff over by Taşacu ferry and it was a nightmare ...one of the men rang me a few times to speak to officials for them as there was nobody to speak English and they were completely lost ....the paperwork involved isn't worth taking a car over ..the ferry was heaving with lorries cars etc they were also split up driver and foot passenger...and described some scarey moments to me....also they didn't sail until 3am supposed to leave at 12am ...coming back they had to jump through the same hoops .

they had organized the trip via an insurance com.in Alanya who assured them all was in order and they had booked tickets on line from Akgünler..İ had rang Akgünler for them to make sure their insurance plus tickets were in order..they were..... nevertheless when they got there everything had to be endlessly rubber stamped by the port authority

We've done this journey several times and only once we took a car over in 2000 and Yusuf said never again.... or something similar !

Last edited:

beyazbayan

Yusuf if a pussy cat . İ have done it several times and the eight documents plus the personal interviews allow you time to get to know the port security followed by the buy local insurance when you get there and leave your car on the docks for 24 hours for police checks merely add to the whole experience. Not to mention the five star facilities on the ferry although they may have now been upgraded to six star which may include a usable loo, yes it is certainly an experience, One time came back having left the car on the dock at Girne complete with keys as at that time required to find me and several others on the dock at Tasacu when the announcment came ''you are here in Tasacu and your cars are still in Girne and will arrive some time tomorrow'' İ was a bit peeved but some of the Turkish males were very angry and various suggestions re the directors of the the Fergun ferry boat were made most involving body parts and forgein objects. No İ for one highly recommend you do this once in your life as merely flying and hiring a car takes away so much of the excitment. Yes indeed akin to an ordeal by fire or a week with Bear Grilles.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
I too have had that same pleasure, i see the ships loos are still overflowing then ?
If the Turks transported pigs, the Tasacu ferry wouldnt be fit to carry them!.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom