Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 8th June 2010, 13:35   #1 (permalink)
Most Valued Member

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,194 Posts
John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute
TV to watch

A new series starts on BBC2 tonight at 9.00pm. In 'Tribal Wives' we see British women learn about the lives of their counterparts in remote areas of the world.

Tonight, a 23-year-old from Hampshire confronts some home truths when she stays with the Yoruk, a tribe of nomads in Turkey.
John O' Dreams is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John O' Dreams For This Useful Post:
bebs (8th June 2010), Firebrand (8th June 2010), paddye17 (8th June 2010)
Old 8th June 2010, 13:38   #2 (permalink)
Gazipasa'li

sahin1990 is on a distinguished road
Re: TV to watch

ooo, My dad comes from the "Yoruk" region in Turkey. I shall be recoreding this as i'm working tonight!!

Thanks for the post!!!
sahin1990 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:14   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,999 Times in 812 Posts
kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute
Tribal wives

I have just watched such an interesting programme on BBC 2. Did any one else see it? An English girl was sent to live with a nomadic family in the East of Turkey. It was interesting to see this family portrayed in a very positive way, especially the women. They worked so hard and came over as very strong people. I felt very sad at the end when she had to leave as the family had grown to love her and she had eventually settled into a very different way of life. The son especially seemed to be very taken with her and looked so upset as she left. I'm not sure it was kind to any of them really but I suppose they were all aware that she was just a visitor for a short time. Definitely worth seeing if it is repeated.
kaplumba is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:15   #4 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold Firebrand is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that tip. It was interesting. I think that the lad's mum probably had words with him the morning after the wedding . . .
Firebrand is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,123 Times in 9,999 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tribal wives

I too watched this Jane and found the whole programme excellent, to see how they really work so hard, and all live in so little space, yet are happy with their lot, the only part I had to switch over was the sacrifice of one of the goats. One of the funniest was the milking of the goats, and the frustration showed when she could not make the Borak like their girls did, but they all started off like that so they were actually having a giggle with her, imho not at her which upset her so. Yes I did find the whole experience eventually she did actually enjoyed as she had, had such a sad chilldhood with her sick mother.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:20   #6 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,123 Times in 9,999 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by John O' Dreams View Post
A new series starts on BBC2 tonight at 9.00pm. In 'Tribal Wives' we see British women learn about the lives of their counterparts in remote areas of the world.

Tonight, a 23-year-old from Hampshire confronts some home truths when she stays with the Yoruk, a tribe of nomads in Turkey.
Excellent programme, Kaplumba has also started a thread as Jane, like me watched it.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:23   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,896 Times in 917 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched this programme via my VPN here in Turkey.A totally fascinating insight to the nomad tribes.For a 'townie' Charlie seemed to try her best to fit in to what was such a cultural difference to London.

Now,these men have got it sussed,all you need is 2 wives,a shed load of daughters who all get up at 5am every day & do ALL the work..while you have a long lay in...that will do for me. Any spare women about,who can get up early,cook breakfast,milk the goats then made some bread,then after 10am feed the dogs & camels.This would leave the afternoons free,as you don't have to worry about,changing clothes(which also saves time as you wouldn't have to do the washing so often!),cleaning your teeth & putting on makeup....!

All potential nomad wives please post below.

Martin.(or my tribal name...muuncha).

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
bebs (8th June 2010), Guz1 (8th June 2010)
Old 8th June 2010, 22:23   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,999 Times in 812 Posts
kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't see this thread when I started mine. Fascinating programme.
Hmm, Martin you are just naughty.
kaplumba is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaplumba For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (8th June 2010)
Old 8th June 2010, 22:34   #9 (permalink)
5 a day inspiration!

tinkycarol has a spectacular aura about tinkycarol has a spectacular aura about tinkycarol has a spectacular aura about

I spied this in the TV guide on Sunday and remembered to watch it. I thought is was really interesting to see how she came round in the end. I loved the bit when the young ones were singing the song by 50Cents and then a Turkish song (but then I was wondering where they plugged in the charger for the mobile phone?!)
Carol
tinkycarol is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 22:52   #10 (permalink)

thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold

Damn missed it,anyone know if its repeated?

T.
thingthong is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
tribal , watch , wives