Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum > Olive Gardens

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2016, 19:48   #1 (permalink)

Freedombird is on a distinguished road
Info on olive gardens please

We are in the process of buying an apartment on Olive gardens,
I have a couple of questions.
1, is there a maintenance company/ caretaker on site who have reliable cleaners ?
2, what happened to the shop and is there any plans for a new one?
3, when does the pool get emptied and when does it get refilled?
Anything else we should be aware of?
Thank you in advance
Freedombird is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 5th October 2016, 20:09   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 2,012 Times in 648 Posts
martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Info on olive gardens please

Hi,
I dont mean to be rude, but you are in the process of handing over thousands of pounds for a property, and you come on here asking if anyone can answer your questions, surely you should have asked these questions whilst viewing the sitesi, you really need to be very careful when purchasing any property, and make sure you have all the Ts crossed and Is dotted.
You may think this is quite a over reaction, but once you have paid you may find that the Annual fees are £900 per year for the maintenance, and the pool does not have a license, and that has proven to be the point for very many people who presently own in Turkey.
PLEASE BE CAREFULL.
martin

As an afterthought the search button in the red bar will have the answers to many of your questions that have been asked and answered before. good luck.

Last edited by martin m; 5th October 2016 at 20:14..
martin m is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to martin m For This Useful Post:
flensdorf (5th October 2016), kale (6th October 2016), Maisie (6th October 2016), Spurs (5th October 2016), tintagel (5th October 2016), Yalides (6th October 2016)
Old 5th October 2016, 20:31   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 7,723 Times in 3,217 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Christella if he reads this should be able to answer your questions as I believe he owned a property there.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 18:07   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,470 Times in 729 Posts
christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of

Just sold thank Christ you should not of bought when I sold another s apartments sold and god knows how many is up for sale the caretaker is a piss head the fees are 2300 lira a year
At the moment there is a lot of back biting ****ting in the pool it's just not a very nice place
Sorry but u asked as was said should have asked first can I asked how much you paid and the number of your apartment maybe u got a bargain so it don't matter
Old 6th October 2016, 18:15   #5 (permalink)

christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedombird View Post
We are in the process of buying an apartment on Olive gardens,
I have a couple of questions.
1, is there a maintenance company/ caretaker on site who have reliable cleaners ?
2, what happened to the shop and is there any plans for a new one?
3, when does the pool get emptied and when does it get refilled?
Anything else we should be aware of?
Thank you in advance
There is no shop and no plans for one no main company you don't want that it's too dear poolgets emptied about now or a couple of weeks there is problem with the pool leaking and they have no licence but who has in akbuk and I think it's filled in early May and the cleaner is very reliable Lynn aenglish women phone or email her and she makes a very good job
Old 6th October 2016, 18:34   #6 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware, if there is no pool licence then that pool can be filled in anytime & not with water PLUS a fine could follow.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 19:16   #7 (permalink)

Yes I know that but tell me WHO has a license in akbuk apart from the hotels
Old 6th October 2016, 19:37   #8 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christella View Post
Yes I know that but tell me WHO has a license in akbuk apart from the hotels
That don't justify anything Chris, I would worry about my own & not down the road. Take the pool away from some of these complexes & the property prices would automatically drop. First thing that catches a buyers eye is a gleaming pool.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 19:49   #9 (permalink)

You are so right ain't I pleased I got out of it
Spurs (6th October 2016)
Old 6th October 2016, 19:51   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 7,723 Times in 3,217 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

OK from a couple of years back but it catches up eventually:

Quote:
AN ESTIMATED 80 per cent of pools in Didim have no planning permission or are not properly licensed, Voices has learned.
Voices Newspaper Altinkum Didim Turkey - Didim's glut of 'illegal' pools
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
gardens , info , olive