Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 25th May 2012, 23:16   #1 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold
Cancel Services..urgent help needed

Please can anyone help as I am driven to the brink of insanity with TTNet & TurkTelekom.

We want to cancel our Internet and phone line as we are moving out of our Izmir apartment on 11th June. I am now in the U.K and the contacts are in my name.

However, neither company will allow me to cancel the contracts without returning to Turkey to do so! I have tried via email and telephone, but they will not budge...I have to come back or go to a Turkish Consul to give my husband POA.

I'm in Somerset and no Turkish Consul anywhere near. The cost of the return flights are too expensive, so neither options works.

The problem is, if we leave the services in the apartment, when someone else moves in then we will be responsible for the costs.

The payments are made through my bank. I did think abut just stopping the payments, but didn't know if that would land me in a lot of trouble.

I have No idea how I can resolve this...does anyone have any suggestions?

We only have a couple of weeks to resolve this until my husband joins me here in the U.K, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda
Old 25th May 2012, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Non Active Member

supra is a jewel in the rough supra is a jewel in the rough supra is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cancel Services..urgent help needed

It seems to be their standard policy that you have to go a TTNet branch to cancel. This is not an option for you as you've said...

The only thing I could recommend is getting in contact with TTNet or Turk Telekom headquarters and explaining your situation. Some other forum members have gone direct to senior level and have got answers/solutions within days to their problems with banks. Or could your husband go with a photocopy of your passport to the branch? That may work.

I wouldn't recommend just cutting off payments, that could prove more hassle in the long run
supra is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to supra For This Useful Post:
Istanbul_expat (26th May 2012)
Old 25th May 2012, 23:55   #3 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra View Post
It seems to be their standard policy that you have to go a TTNet branch to cancel. This is not an option for you as you've said...

The only thing I could recommend is getting in contact with TTNet or Turk Telekom headquarters and explaining your situation. Some other forum members have gone direct to senior level and have got answers/solutions within days to their problems with banks. Or could your husband go with a photocopy of your passport to the branch? That may work.

I wouldn't recommend just cutting off payments, that could prove more hassle in the long run
Hi supra,

I am in contact with Istanbul, so I would assume that this is head office?
I've asked if I could provide my husband with anything that would cancel the contract...only a POA it seems.

I really do not want to just cancel the automatic bank payments, but really I cannot think of anything else to do! Everything that's possible for me is unacceptable to them....
Old 26th May 2012, 08:43   #4 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,428 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to find a registered Notar in your area to draw up a POA for you.
He/she will send this to the Turkish Consulate for the required Apostille and they will return the document to your Notar. You take it from there.

Don't worry about living out in rural areas, you don't have to personally visit the Consulate.

I've just found a Somerset Notar via the internet that could help you.

Milford & Dormer
45 Fore St.
CHARD
TA20. 1PT (Also in Axminster, Ilminster & Seaton)

Tel: 01460. 61000. e.mail: [email protected]

Good luck, if Chard is too far away from your home, I'm sure they could give you some guidance.

Last edited by Freedom 49; 26th May 2012 at 08:54.. Reason: Additional info
Freedom 49 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 10:21   #5 (permalink)

laneysharon is on a distinguished road

If you stop paying it that will do it but only if you have seen out the 2 years that most people sign up for without knowing.
laneysharon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 13:55   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom 49 View Post
You need to find a registered Notar in your area to draw up a POA for you.
He/she will send this to the Turkish Consulate for the required Apostille and they will return the document to your Notar. You take it from there.

Don't worry about living out in rural areas, you don't have to personally visit the Consulate.

I've just found a Somerset Notar via the internet that could help you.

Milford & Dormer
45 Fore St.
CHARD
TA20. 1PT (Also in Axminster, Ilminster & Seaton)

Tel: 01460. 61000. e.mail: [email protected]

Good luck, if Chard is too far away from your home, I'm sure they could give you some guidance.
Thank-you laneysharon, that's good information and Chard is not so far from me either.

[QUOTE=laneysharon;718804]If you stop paying it that will do it but only if you have seen out the 2 years that most people sign up for without knowingQUOTE]

Okay...now this will present another problem, as we not yet been with them a year.

Does anyone know if you can transfer the contract? We have a villa in Dalaman and have both services there...in my husband's name this time. Would it be possible for him to cancel our services there and for me to move the contracts to the villa?

If all else fails in my dealings with them....if they reply again...then this might be an option. We are running out of time so need to do something quickly. If only I could speak with someone who speaks English well enough to convey what I am trying to do!

I have not been able to speak to TeleKom directly, as their 444 number does not work from the U.K. Does anyone have a normal landline number from them, with an English speaking dept?

Thanks,

Linda
Old 26th May 2012, 13:58   #7 (permalink)

Sorry Freedom, you gave me the information and I thanked someone else. My apologies.

Sorry for the back to back post.

Linda
Old 26th May 2012, 16:10   #8 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,428 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you do the POA for husband to cancel the Izmir contract, leaving the Dalaman one as it is, in his name.

Keep it simple or you'll drive yourself round the twist!!
Lindacm (26th May 2012)
Old 26th May 2012, 16:17   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,591 Times in 859 Posts
Istanbul_expat has disabled reputation

TTcom are a nightmare in this way. When I bought my flat the owner and I had to go to all the utility places in person to transfer the utilities. When it came to TTcom, we were FIVE hours queuing in no less than four different queues for different things until we got the line transferred. They still don't computerise things like this in Turkey probably because it would mean loss of apparatchik jobs
Istanbul_expat is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:30   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbul_expat View Post
TTcom are a nightmare in this way. When I bought my flat the owner and I had to go to all the utility places in person to transfer the utilities. When it came to TTcom, we were FIVE hours queuing in no less than four different queues for different things until we got the line transferred. They still don't computerise things like this in Turkey probably because it would mean loss of apparatchik jobs
I completely understand. We were in the office well over 2 hours just to get the paperwork done....wish I hadn't bothered now...

Freedom....do you think it would cause more problems transferring? They offered to do this when we signed up, to move our contract from Dalaman. We needed it there so opened new accounts.

Tags
cancel , needed , servicesurgent