Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 8th June 2012, 15:02   #1 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Turcell: is it a con?

I came back from the UK early this year & brought back a new phone (Blackberry), I went into Turkcell & got it registered, I could not keep my number because the phone I have used for years was in someone elses name.
So got a new number, whilst there I saw a "package" 500 mins, 300 txts & internet. It cost around 50TL per month & I had it (life was good). Next time I went in, I went for another package 30 TL 300 mins, 300 txts, no internet.
A Turkish mate told me I should get 1,000 mins, God knows how many txt & internet all for 40 TL from Avea. Sssssoooooo when my month had finished we go into Avea, no problem except they had to apply to Turkcell for the number transfer, after waiting a week it never happened. I could still have the package from Avea BUT would have to have a new number, Turkcell would not transfer the number over. Back we go to Turkcell to see what package they would give & I would keep the number, guess what? "No package because your not Turkish". Hang on I have already had a package via you people, "this was a mistake, you are only allowed to buy contour from us". Back to Avea, new number, good package & on in an hour.

This is NOT a market shop this is the main Turkcell shop in Didim, while I was waiting for the change over I put 40TL on my phone & it lasted a week. Could I be right in thinking that Turkcell OR just this shop are doing something against residency holders here???? That sounds MIGHTY racist to me. If you live here & hold a residency surely you should be able to have a "package" the same as Turks do.

I intend to email Turkcell. They, through their policy OR that shop have lost a punter. Are Turkcell shops a franchise I wonder, if so that shop is pulling a number coz many Brits go in there for top up's.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Harry Crumb (8th June 2012)
Old 8th June 2012, 15:20   #2 (permalink)
Saffie

Thanked 1,660 Times in 698 Posts
saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future
Re: Turcell: is it a con?

Couple of months ago I also applied for the new package being advertised. I was told first I had to go and get a nufus form showing I lived where I said I did......I have residency and my address is clearly stated on there so thought this was a bit unnecessary. I also had to show a bank statement showing I had funds. Plus my passport and residency visa. Off I trotted to comply with their request but by the time I got the nufus paper sorted,then bank had closed...so I went next afternoon and got the bank statement. Next morning I went back to Turkcell and showed all the papers but they said the bank statement had to be dated the same day I was applying so I had to go back and get another one. :-(

Then they told me I had to authorise them to block 1200TL from my account. I asked why and they shrugged and said it was the rule because I wasn't Turkish. I remonstrated saying that I had held residency in Turkey for 13 years but he couldn't have cared less.For a package costing 19 TL a month for 12 months costing a total of 228TL for a year or the 29TL package costing 348 TL a year, I thought that was a flipping cheek so walked out without agreeing to any package. Wasted best part of two days going backwards and forwards everywhere complying with all these "rules" for nothing.

saffie
saffie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saffie For This Useful Post:
Harry Crumb (8th June 2012), Spurs (8th June 2012)
Old 8th June 2012, 15:24   #3 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Ah so its "the norm" :-(

Strange that with Avea there's none of that.

Ps Avea internet on my phone is a lot quicker.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 8th June 2012 at 15:33..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Harry Crumb (8th June 2012), kale (8th June 2012)
Old 8th June 2012, 21:41   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

We have two main Turkcell shops in Alanya one on the 25M road and one on Attaturk. 25M road shop is filled with rude and unhelpful people mainly female staff the one on Attaturk is helpful cheerful and professional again filled with mainly female staff. Guess who does not go to the 25M shop and advises all she meets to do likewise? İ hope they are on commission.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 21:55   #5 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,223 Times in 990 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyazbayan View Post
We have two main Turkcell shops in Alanya one on the 25M road and one on Attaturk. 25M road shop is filled with rude and unhelpful people mainly female staff the one on Attaturk is helpful cheerful and professional again filled with mainly female staff. Guess who does not go to the 25M shop and advises all she meets to do likewise? İ hope they are on commission.
I can second that! I have found exactly the same!

alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 22:13   #6 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffie View Post
Couple of months ago I also applied for the new package being advertised. I was told first I had to go and get a nufus form showing I lived where I said I did......I have residency and my address is clearly stated on there so thought this was a bit unnecessary. I also had to show a bank statement showing I had funds. Plus my passport and residency visa. Off I trotted to comply with their request but by the time I got the nufus paper sorted,then bank had closed...so I went next afternoon and got the bank statement. Next morning I went back to Turkcell and showed all the papers but they said the bank statement had to be dated the same day I was applying so I had to go back and get another one. :-(

Then they told me I had to authorise them to block 1200TL from my account. I asked why and they shrugged and said it was the rule because I wasn't Turkish. I remonstrated saying that I had held residency in Turkey for 13 years but he couldn't have cared less.For a package costing 19 TL a month for 12 months costing a total of 228TL for a year or the 29TL package costing 348 TL a year, I thought that was a flipping cheek so walked out without agreeing to any package. Wasted best part of two days going backwards and forwards everywhere complying with all these "rules" for nothing.

saffie
Mmmhh it sounds like the same arrogant barsteward that i've dealt with in turkcell marmaris, my multi vin dongle never lasts a month and yet I don't download or upload stuff apart from the odd photo onto facebook, when I
asked how I could check what was left on the dongle he told me that it was
far to complicated for me to understand! that is like waving a red flag to a bull
but I just smiled sweetly and said maybe if you could show me then I could understand. also when I enquired about having a contract his answer was
far to complicated for a foreigner gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! complicated must have been his new word!
Old 8th June 2012, 22:32   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,006 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha,i can beat that.I wanted the 19tl a month contract from Turkcell & was told to take the form they gave me to my bank [ Garanti ] & pay them 40tl for a letter stating i was good for 1200tl.A bit steep i thought,but i want to stop keep having to top up every 30 days.
I went into the bank & saw our usual customer rep. who got me to sign 8 sheets of a contract & she said the 40 tl would need to be paid before they would release the garantor letter to me.Three days later i went back to collect the stamped form which had just come back from the banks head office,when she said ''i've got you some discount,as you are a good customer of ours''.That's good i thought,a bit of money off the quoted 40tl.This letter will only cost you 100tl instead of 400tl!!!!.WHAT,400tl for a letter to state i'm good for 1200tl & the phone contract is only 19tl a month.I sort of politely told her that both the shop & she had stated the letter cost was 40tl.Naturally she denied it...so i walked!!.
Two hours later she phoned me and said she had got the cost down to 50tl.I thought ok,only another 10tl more than the original quote,& over 6+ years,i'd get my money back....then she hit me again by stating that the 50tl would be an annual cost for as long as the contract was required.
So as you may guess,i still walk down to the Turkcell shop & buy my 30tl top up!!
Oh & 6 months ago i had thoughts of moving to Vodaphone,but needing to keep my same number.No problem they said,come back with passport & R/P and we will contact Turkcell.That i did,then called back a week later & was told that Turkcell informed Vodaphone that the details supplied did not match my mobile number,couldn't 'find' me,so request denied.
Trust me,Turkcell staff in the 2 main stores in Bodrum are totally clueless as to how their company runs,every time i go in with a question the 5 ''school leaving age'' girls look sooo blank & always have a conference then just shrug their shoulders.
Turkcell may be one of the biggest players here but they sure are one of the worse....& don't start me on TTNet.............................

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 05:17   #8 (permalink)

Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold

Bodrum Turkcell shops are full of staff that don't have a clue what they are talking about, they lie, they contradict each other frequently, but dont like this being pointed out, they are arrogant and downright unhelpful, to cut a long story short they registered a phone, somehow, that wasnt mine, but with my paperwork and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it short of bringing a very lengthy and costly court case against them! I only found out when I had a text message to the phone that I HAD registered saying it was going to be cut off in 5 days because a new number had been registered against my details. There is no way I would be taking bank details to either of the 2 shops in Bodrum to get a contract!
Sara-666 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sara-666 For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (9th June 2012)
Old 9th June 2012, 09:44   #9 (permalink)
Saffie

Thanked 1,660 Times in 698 Posts
saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future saffie has a brilliant future

So the blocking 1200Tl from your account is true? I thought I was being wound up because I simply could not see how a contract for 19 TL a month could possibly warrant blocking 1200 TL from my account.

It's a mystery to me why Turkcell is the top mobile phone company here because it appears that no matter where you live, their customer relations is appalling. I get irritated with the one month top up thing too because sometimes it isn't convenient to go into town and mess around topping up on one particular day. Turkcell would do well to start a proper staff training scheme because it's a rare day I've been lucky enough to find a member of staff that is actually helpful.

saffie
saffie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 09:53   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 21,867 Times in 11,203 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Open a Garanti acct

Then you can top up your phone effortlessly. No need to go to phone shops or deal with useless staff. Problem solved.

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
con , turcell