FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th February 2016, 16:28   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paddington bear's Avatar
 

Thanks: 381
Thanked 901 Times in 451 Posts
paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of
Mobile phone internet problem

Him indoors has a Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile and a Samsung tablet. He is unable to access the internet from home for the last couple of days on both devices, he gets a message saying "not in range". He is sat next to the internet moden !!!

I took the phone into Turkcell today and they got the internet straight away, so no problem with the phone.

We are both useless when things go wrong so does anybody please have any idea what to do.

Thanks.

Sue
__________________




A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 12th February 2016, 17:20   #2 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to
 
tykatem's Avatar
 

Thanks: 2,121
Thanked 5,471 Times in 2,090 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Have you tried re-booting your home router (switching off at the wall and turning back on again)?

Pete (pbuh)
__________________
"I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand".
tykatem is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tykatem For This Useful Post:
paddington bear (13th February 2016)
Old 13th February 2016, 03:44   #3 (permalink)
MiddleEarth
 
MiddleEarth's Avatar
 

Thanks: 844
Thanked 1,814 Times in 874 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
Him indoors has a Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile and a Samsung tablet. He is unable to access the internet from home for the last couple of days on both devices, he gets a message saying "not in range". He is sat next to the internet moden !!!

I took the phone into Turkcell today and they got the internet straight away, so no problem with the phone.

We are both useless when things go wrong so does anybody please have any idea what to do.

Thanks.

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tykatem View Post
Have you tried re-booting your home router (switching off at the wall and turning back on again)?

Pete (pbuh)
If you had a recent storm it might have knocked your router out. Happened to me once. I always unplug it from the electricity AND the phone line when we have an electrical storm.

Ask a "techno-buddy" to try their modem in your house. They will have to change their login and password from their TTNET account to yours.

Call TTNET and ask them to check if your modem is connecting properly. When I go to the English line I get connected right away and their English has so far been very, very good.
TTNET for Modem Problems:
444-0375
Wait until the recording says "Press 99 for English"
Then press 99
If you call from a home landline, the recording will ask you to confirm your home phone number:
You will then press 1 to confirm
Then press 2 for CUST SVC

This is if your home phone line is dead or full of static.
TTNET for line problem.
444-1444
English-77

Good luck.
__________________
"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."
- Mark Twain
MiddleEarth is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
bickern (13th February 2016), Kingfisher (15th February 2016), paddington bear (13th February 2016)
Old 13th February 2016, 11:02   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paddington bear's Avatar
 

Thanks: 381
Thanked 901 Times in 451 Posts
paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of
Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Thank you for your replies, there is nothing wrong with the moden as the internet works OK on the laptop and I did go to TT Net yesterday who checked it out for me.



Sue
__________________




A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2016, 13:10   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sara-666's Avatar
 

Thanks: 397
Thanked 624 Times in 377 Posts
Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mobile phone internet problem

We have he same occasionally on tablets and phones, I found that if I switch off the wireless on both devices and leave for a minute before switching back on it seems to re-connect, as I am no techie I have no clue if this is just luck or not but worth a try

Sara

Forgot to say, switch off router at same time for a couple of minutes.
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates

Last edited by Sara-666; 13th February 2016 at 13:15..
Sara-666 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sara-666 For This Useful Post:
paddington bear (13th February 2016)
Old 14th February 2016, 10:40   #6 (permalink)
MiddleEarth
 
MiddleEarth's Avatar
 

Thanks: 844
Thanked 1,814 Times in 874 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Question Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
Thank you for your replies, there is nothing wrong with the moden as the internet works OK on the laptop and I did go to TT Net yesterday who checked it out for me.

Sue
OK, thanks your OP did not mention this.

Is the laptop using wireless or a cable to the modem?

You wrote "unable to access the internet from home for the last couple of days on both devices" so you were able to access the modem from those phones previously?

If they never had access, it is possible your modem/router was not allowing them access.

If the laptop uses wireless and it works then it almost has to be something in the phones.

Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.
__________________
"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."
- Mark Twain
MiddleEarth is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 13:11   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paddington bear's Avatar
 

Thanks: 381
Thanked 901 Times in 451 Posts
paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of
Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleEarth View Post
OK, thanks your OP did not mention this.

Is the laptop using wireless or a cable to the modem?

You wrote "unable to access the internet from home for the last couple of days on both devices" so you were able to access the modem from those phones previously?

If they never had access, it is possible your modem/router was not allowing them access.

If the laptop uses wireless and it works then it almost has to be something in the phones.

Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.

Sorry forgot to say that the laptop was OK. Had access for the last two years on the phone (since we got internet via TT Net) and for the last year since we got the tablet. We do use wireless. Going to have to phone TT Net to see if they have a solution. I will post again if we get anywhere with TT Net.

Sue
__________________




A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 05:07   #8 (permalink)
A89
Senior Member
 
A89's Avatar
 

Thanks: 3,661
Thanked 2,223 Times in 990 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile phone internet problem

I had exactly the same with my galaxy S3. All other devices, including iphones and ipads connected with no problem. I ended up finding out that I needed to get a newer modem completely by chance when I was actually on a helpline to Apple setting up a new ipod. I was just chatting generally to the guy while we were waiting for itunes to load and told him about the S3 not connecting at home but it was connecting everywhere else there was wireless etc and he told me.
Bought a new modem 110tl, connects fine.

Maybe the same problem Sue?



Alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 08:29   #9 (permalink)
MiddleEarth
 
MiddleEarth's Avatar
 

Thanks: 844
Thanked 1,814 Times in 874 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Mobile phone internet problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
Sorry forgot to say that the laptop was OK. Had access for the last two years on the phone (since we got internet via TT Net) and for the last year since we got the tablet. We do use wireless. Going to have to phone TT Net to see if they have a solution. I will post again if we get anywhere with TT Net.

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by A89 View Post
I had exactly the same with my galaxy S3. All other devices, including iphones and ipads connected with no problem. I ended up finding out that I needed to get a newer modem completely by chance when I was actually on a helpline to Apple setting up a new ipod. I was just chatting generally to the guy while we were waiting for itunes to load and told him about the S3 not connecting at home but it was connecting everywhere else there was wireless etc and he told me.
Bought a new modem 110tl, connects fine.

Maybe the same problem Sue?
Alison
Sue, can you borrow someone else's modem and see if it works? If so, yours may be going on the blink?

Also login to your modem and check to see if a firewall rule has changed blocking your tablets.

Good luck
__________________
"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."
- Mark Twain
MiddleEarth is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
paddington bear (16th February 2016)
Old 17th February 2016, 09:32   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
paddington bear's Avatar
 

Thanks: 381
Thanked 901 Times in 451 Posts
paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of
Re: Mobile phone internet problem




All sorted now, rang TT Net who set me up new user name and password, him indoors is now a happy bunny !!!



Sue
__________________




A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
internet , mobile , phone , problem


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mobile phone Jippy123 Phone/ADSL/PC in Turkey 2 20th May 2015 05:50
Mobile phone janA Geeky Stuff 2 18th April 2013 21:17
mobile phone Beccg Alanya Forum 9 15th August 2012 20:57
Bimcell Mobile phone & internet kemerkid Phone/ADSL/PC in Turkey 1 28th April 2012 22:43
mobile phone Modgirl Geeky Stuff 5 4th August 2010 21:49



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:10.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155