Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 14th September 2018, 07:18   #11 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 6,595 Times in 3,054 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turk Telekom bankrupt?

Stuart, read my post on the 'Turkish living' thread. In short I would phone the helpline again 4440375 and ask the support guy to log your issue as urgent, then they will come. The charge of 11TL is actually only applied if they come to you and you are not home. Good luck.
davem (14th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 08:35   #12 (permalink)

davem is a jewel in the rough davem is a jewel in the rough davem is a jewel in the rough davem is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Stuart, read my post on the 'Turkish living' thread. In short I would phone the helpline again 4440375 and ask the support guy to log your issue as urgent, then they will come. The charge of 11TL is actually only applied if they come to you and you are not home. Good luck.
Interested to see the helpline number you quoted was 4440375. I've been using 444 1 444 unsuccessfully for the last 6 weeks. Am I using the wrong number? (Thanks also for all the information in your "Turkish living" post.)
David
davem is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davem For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (14th September 2018), shash (14th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 08:51   #13 (permalink)
Dolphin dreamer

mamish is just really nice mamish is just really nice mamish is just really nice mamish is just really nice

We have a two year internet contract with Turk Telekom which expires (fortunately) at the end of this month.

At the beginning of July a JCB driver knocked down two telephone poles and since then we have had no service from Turk Telekom.

We reported the situation and had the usual "we will check your line and get back to you in 48 hours". At the end of which we get a text "Is your internet now working. Press 1 for yes and 2 for no". And the poles and the cable are still lying in the road!

Since then we have repeatedly reported no service and on each occasion they have said they have no record of lines down, and they have given us a new job number. (We have several job numbers and have saved all the messages and the phone memory is in danger of overload!)

We have even been to the central office in Mugla and showed them photos of the poles and cable in the road! And still, after that, we were getting "Is your internet now working. Press 1 for yes and 2 for no".

And, no chance of cancelling the contract because we would still have to pay till the end and would also have to repay the discount we were given for the two year period! So we continue to pay for no service!

And now when we phone the helpline to report yet again (so they know) we cannot even speak to anyone. There is a recorded message saying there is major work in our area. (Where??)

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that we were told that if we go to the central office in Mugla at the end of the contract we will be given a refund for the period of no service. Thank god we only had a couple of months left!

And on the positive side, we were able to connect to Koycegiznet who had just got a new transmitter that would reach us! Good service and cheaper than Turk Telekom! Silver lining in every cloud...

So don't hold your breath for Turk Telekom - I do think they have serious problems and will focus their resources on the major cities. Us poor villagers are way down on their list of priorities!

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
We simply continue to fly....
On a broomstick.
We're flexible like that.
mamish is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mamish For This Useful Post:
bickern (14th September 2018), davem (14th September 2018), IbrahimAbi (14th September 2018), janm (14th September 2018), suecheshireuk (14th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 09:45   #14 (permalink)

Tenpin will become famous soon enough Tenpin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
Interested to see the helpline number you quoted was 4440375. I've been using 444 1 444 unsuccessfully for the last 6 weeks. Am I using the wrong number? (Thanks also for all the information in your "Turkish living" post.)
David
We reported our telephone line faulty Sept. 10 using the 444 1 444 number.

It was fixed within 24 hours.
IbrahimAbi (14th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 10:21   #15 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I think the speed of service relects the investment needed to repair it. If they won't repair it go above them, as we went to the kaymakam. It also helps when they see you record their names.
suecheshireuk (15th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 20:23   #16 (permalink)
stuart

stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think the speed of service relects the investment needed to repair it. If they won't repair it go above them, as we went to the kaymakam. It also helps when they see you record their names.
yes all good advice thank you, but at the end of the day I feel it would all end in a court case and I don't want to go dont that road in this case just change to a more reliable supply if there is such a thing here.
stuart is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 06:38   #17 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,805 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

444 0 375 is for TTnet. 444 1 444 is for Turk Telekom
davem (15th September 2018), IbrahimAbi (15th September 2018), janm (15th September 2018), suecheshireuk (15th September 2018)
Old 15th September 2018, 07:18   #18 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
yes all good advice thank you, but at the end of the day I feel it would all end in a court case and I don't want to go dont that road in this case just change to a more reliable supply if there is such a thing here.
No, it would not end in a court case, they have no case at all if they are taking your money and not providing the service. Would you like to defend their position? Be assertive, but remain polite. It cost be 50TL to have my letter translated professionally, we now have great internet. We also went through the truck hits pole and takes line out, scenario a few years ago but got it back after 1 week.
davem (15th September 2018), janm (15th September 2018), suecheshireuk (15th September 2018)
Old 15th September 2018, 22:51   #19 (permalink)
stuart

stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, it would not end in a court case, they have no case at all if they are taking your money and not providing the service. Would you like to defend their position? Be assertive, but remain polite. It cost be 50TL to have my letter translated professionally, we now have great internet. We also went through the truck hits pole and takes line out, scenario a few years ago but got it back after 1 week.
yes I also have had problems in the past and they have been resolved pretty quickly but I feel right now that the company now private has serious financial problems and some customers are bearing the brunt through poor service in supply quality and quantity of mbps which is what your paying for.
My wife has spoken to them and she is a licensed court english translator, her sister is a registered lawyer, together we have been running a law company in the Mugla region for over 15 years now so we know a little bit about the law in Turkey, enough to know that it would be very difficult for us to prove the amount of supply in the past and that it would probably go on for about 5 years so with that in mind are looking around for another supply which is also proving difficult.
stuart is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (16th September 2018)
Old 16th September 2018, 06:00   #20 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 27,716 Times in 12,380 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Respect for your position Stuart , sometimes better to cut your losses and move on if possible .

The legal route anywhere can cost a lot more than time and money , the personal effort can be a great hassle .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
stuart (17th September 2018)

Tags
bankrupt , telekom , turk