Sara-666

New mobile phone registration help?
Hi all, i've just seen on another site that all mobile phones have to be re-registered with residency permit/kimlik number. We are in the UK now but still keep one of our Turkish mobiles 'open' to use whilst there, we have an old residency permit with the 99 number on but we don't get messages from Turkcell whilst in the UK despite turning on roaming when we were last in Turkey. I don't know how to re-register without this message and don't want to lose the number i've had for 15 years, can i get a friend to register it for me that is in Turkey does anyone know?

Thanks for any help/advice

Sara

SLEEPY

You could try with the old 99 number.
If that is unsuccessful you can apply just for kimlik as a non resident...my understanding is that it only takes a few days.
I don't know where you apply in BODRUM but I am sure someone will come along and advise u.

bashful

Hi Sara, which site did you read this and who posted it?
I don't trust a lot of what I read on forums but you could PM REDDERS. If anyone knows it would be him.
Best of luck anyway.

evo80

You could try with the old 99 number.
If that is unsuccessful you can apply just for kimlik as a non resident...my understanding is that it only takes a few days.
I don't know where you apply in BODRUM but I am sure someone will come along and advise u.

Apply at the police station down along the front at Bodrum harbour .

SLEEPY

Pete it's true ...you know I do not give any credence to tittle tattle and general gossip.

SLEEPY

Though I do know some interesting stories about Philip and chickens ...but that's for another day/thread.

Evo my apologies but are u sure that Police station is the correct office in the Bodrum area..

SLEEPY

Pete it's for mobiles numbers and internet acounts hat in the names of foreigners.

evo80

Though I do know some interesting stories about Philip and chickens ...but that's for another day/thread.

Evo my apologies but are u sure that Police station is the correct office in the Bodrum area..

Sorry ,I meant that's where you go to get the Kimlik number . LOL
I did not read the post correctly.

ted j

This is a strange developement ted, are your phones imported ?

No bought locally

But when we renew our internet (usually 6 months at a time), we need our passport and an email confirmation is sent (as a receipt)...new government regs

enoch

I think you can do everything on E devlet if you have got an account . the tax i think now is 750 tl . I reg my last phone this way .

bashful

Surely there are competitive roaming rates with UK providers now.
I know this doesn't help Sara 666 who wants to keep her number but maybe it's worth other visitors thinking about.

enoch

No bought locally

But when we renew our internet (usually 6 months at a time), we need our passport and an email confirmation is sent (as a receipt)...new government regs

Just off to sort ours out need ikamet No now new regs for internet

bashful

No bought locally

More grief for visitors here. It won't take long for even the sun to cease to be a draw here.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I am sure that this requirement is designed to help track social media posters tweeters et Al when malicious and 'antisocial' social media posts are made, much easier to track.

I, will just add to this something Martin (REDDERS) mentioned. This update, that Turkcelll are wanting, is free, so don't let anyone at Turkcell try to charge you, as apparently some people have been asked for payment. xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom