Lunnie

flight cancelled Dalaman to Manchester
Hi, has this affected anyone else?? Today I received a letter from Aegean flights stating that my return flight on the 29th Feb has been cancelled due to lack of passengers, I have been offered either to return a week earlier or transfer to Bodrum to Manchester travelling Tuesday instead of Friday.

Next return flight from Dalaman to Manchester is now 14th March. I would have stayed the extra weeks, but have a camping weekend planned. :36:

They offered £20 as compensation.

turunc tracy

hI Joan yes same flight as me wat a bummer, im changing mine to the 26th feb flying from bodrum. im fuming i hate travelling alone as it is but now from bodrum, well i suppose they havent cancelled the 1st of feb yet...Tracy

pldouglas

Dear old Aegean - wonder if they know what the letters P.R. stand for? We had the same problem last year and are just keeping our fingers crossed they don't muck up our late February flights for this year.

ronzeus

Amazing ,I flew back to Manchester from Bodrom yesterday on a nearly full flight.{6 spare seats).Maybe sunny January is getting popular.

Lunnie

pldouglas, if you are flying Manchester to Dalaman then you may just have problems, last flight to Manchester from Dalamam 22nd Feb next one 14th March.

None to and from Birmingham

Tracy,
I am thinking of taking the Bodrum option as it will give me the opportunity to see more of Turkey. Perhaps we could share a taxi from turunc, I usually book with Cihan and it is usually Mustapha Zeybek as the driver. Perhaps we can sort out when we are back'home' in Turunc.

Joan :dooh:

Last edited by a moderator:

pldouglas

Lunnie said:
pldouglas, if you are flying Manchester to Dalaman then you may just have problems, last flight to Manchester from Dalamam 22nd Feb next one 14th March.

None to and from Birmingham

Thanks for the warning, though actually we go Gatwick to Bodrum because we live on the south coast in GB, if we get re-routed to another UK airport it simply won't be worth bothering. This flight business is begining to p..s us off big time - the costs go up and the service gets worse. Problem is that there is no real alternative - much as I would like to ride our motorbike to Turkey its not really a practical option!

turunc tracy

Thanks Joan that has put my mind at rest, didnt want to do the bodrum transfer on my own.Well sort it out when in turunc, but yes im definatley going for the Bodrum option.. speak to you soon Tracy

The Saint

Your not alone ' up North'. Just received letter from dear old Aegean. My flight from Gatwick to Dalaman Fri 15 Feb canx through 'lack of sales'. Been offered same day flights from Manchester or Mon 18 Gatwick to Bodrum but that involved paying nearly another £200 - too much for 1 week.
The letter also says 'cancel flights from Gatwick to Dalaman & return from 15th to 29th Feb'.

I have a reason for asking this.
Did your letters from Aegean come recorded delivery?

Lunnie

nor mine. My tickets only arrived last week, and now cancelled.

When they changed from Birmingham to Manchester, there was no additional charge, and now they have changed the return date offered £20!

Would have liked to have stayed to 14th March, would have cancelled my camping but couldnt trust that it would not be changed yet again.

pldouglas said:
Thanks for the warning, though actually we go Gatwick to Bodrum because we live on the south coast in GB, if we get re-routed to another UK airport it simply won't be worth bothering. This flight business is begining to p..s us off big time - the costs go up and the service gets worse. Problem is that there is no real alternative - much as I would like to ride our motorbike to Turkey its not really a practical option!

If you use Gatwick you could fly BA to Izmir. Reliable, full in flight service at no extra cost, 32 kilos luggage allowance, cheap if you book early and flexible for dates. There is an excellent and regular service by bus to Bodrum - about 3 hours I think, haven't done it for a long time - just take a taxi to the main bus station. I lost patience with the other carriers a few years ago for the same reasons - cancelled/changed flights that completely mucked up my plans.

I'm beginning to think BA should pay me for advertising!!

pldouglas

Yildez said:
If you use Gatwick you could fly BA to Izmir. Reliable, full in flight service at no extra cost, 32 kilos luggage allowance, cheap if you book early and flexible for dates. There is an excellent and regular service by bus to Bodrum - about 3 hours I think, haven't done it for a long time - just take a taxi to the main bus station. I lost patience with the other carriers a few years ago for the same reasons - cancelled/changed flights that completely mucked up my plans.

I'm beginning to think BA should pay me for advertising!!

Thanks very much for the info. We were kind of aware we could go to other airports, its just a bit of a pain to have an unpleasent journey extended even further. But we will certainly take your advice and make enquiries re; BA.

You see how great this forum is! There I was having a general moan and along comes Yildez to solve our problems. You'll have to start charging!

The journey from Izmir is a piece of cake - and they serve it with tea or coffee on the bus!!! The big buses are extremely comfortable, fast, reliable and run to time! They stop regularly and food at the stops is usually good. They serve drinks etc as part of the price; if you want water just ask the attendant - "Su lutfen". If you're a woman travelling alone it's illegal for a man who is unknown to you to sit next to you - if this happens (and if you look like a foreign woman, blonde like me for example, believe me it happens!!!!) just call the attendant who will remove him with some choice words. As I speak Turkish I tell them myself! I travel regularly between Izmir and Datca with Pammukale on their express service, often overnight when I have my ear plugs, face mask and pillow and snooze away the 5.5 hours!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Just received a letter from Aegean saying they have cancelled all flights from Gatwick to Bodrum from 3rd to 31st March. We were booked on 17th back on 24th, they have offered us Gatwick to Dalaman on 14th or Manachester to Bodrum on 18th. We chose the dates originally to make the most of only having to use 3 days holiday. Am now frantically surfing the internet to find other airlines that fly on Mondays to save having a long transfer either to Manchester or from Dalaman.

We have booked two other flights in June and September, hope they are ok.

Regards Jackie

Terry S

Akasya we are booked to fly from gatwick to Bodrum for a week on 23 march with goldtrail I have phoned them and it is still on . they also had 16 to 23 you could try them

Harem

I've cliqued
Terry S said:
Akasya we are booked to fly from gatwick to Bodrum for a week on 23 march with goldtrail I have phoned them and it is still on . they also had 16 to 23 you could try them

Your cancellation is probably in the post!!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Have taken Yildez advice and booked with BA to Izmir. Still have a long transfer but will now probably get a hire car at Izmir rather than Bodrum airport. At least now we have civilised flight times and more comfy seats.

Regards Jackie

red

Harem said:
Your cancellation is probably in the post!!

Harem - I'm not so sure, as we had a panic on at the new year when lots of people said their flights had been cancelled, especially when our tickets hadn't arrived, we had an e-mail saying to pick them up at the airport. THEN at the airport they weren't printed - we ended up with handwritten ones!!!

It's bleeding nightmare for those effected when they do this sort of thing - it should be regulated, if you enter into a contract to deliver a service you should be forced to do so.

What other business operates this way? - erm -if enough of you dont want me product - I can't be arsed making it in the first place, even though I set out with a promise to do so. - "I was just testing the market -opps sorry" If I can't make a profit I think I'll change my mind :animation

Latest Posts

Top Bottom