Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 25th February 2009, 15:12   #1 (permalink)

JAYTEE will become famous soon enough JAYTEE will become famous soon enough
Latest on Pegasus flights to Bodrum

Hi there

I emailed Pegasus about their direct flights to Bodrum from Stansted. This is the reply that I received -

Dear JANET TAYLOR,

At the moment our Stansted-Bodrum flights are with a connection via Bodrum. The direct flights are planning about summer but there is no definite information yet. Please check our web site "www.flypgs.com/EN/" for our flights.

Thank you for interested in our company, we wish to see you on our flights.

Sincerely ,
Pegasus Airlines Guest Service

Looks like it will be still be via Istanbul for the time being.

Janet
JAYTEE is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 18th February 2010, 19:14   #2 (permalink)

lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Latest on Pegasus flights to Bodrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYTEE View Post
Hi there

I emailed Pegasus about their direct flights to Bodrum from Stansted. This is the reply that I received -

Dear JANET TAYLOR,

At the moment our Stansted-Bodrum flights are with a connection via Bodrum. The direct flights are planning about summer but there is no definite information yet. Please check our web site "www.flypgs.com/EN/" for our flights.

Thank you for interested in our company, we wish to see you on our flights.

Sincerely ,
Pegasus Airlines Guest Service

Looks like it will be still be via Istanbul for the time being.

Janet
I have looked at booking a flight on the 9th May and there is a direct flight to Bodrum so they must have started or are starting beg May
lesley northall is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 19:31   #3 (permalink)
RIK

RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice

A Danish friend has just arrived from Copenhagen.The flight went to Sabia Goken ( Istanbul ) and then he had to wait for 3 hours for another Pegasus Flight to Antalya. When he goes back he will have 5 hours in Istanbul.He did ask the cabin crew if there were any plans to fly direct and they told him that it was difficult to fly direct.Not sure what this means but could be a problem in the future.Price was 170 Euros so quite cheap.

Ian
Old 18th February 2010, 19:49   #4 (permalink)
The Very Fat Sailor!

luddendenturk is a glorious beacon of light luddendenturk is a glorious beacon of light luddendenturk is a glorious beacon of light luddendenturk is a glorious beacon of light luddendenturk is a glorious beacon of light

Lesley,

The original post that you have replied to is almost 12months old!?
luddendenturk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 19:51   #5 (permalink)

Krissie is on a distinguished road

Hi there I have been pricing up for 16th april and there is a stanstead to bodrum flight via istanbul s goken...however it arrives from standtsead at 18.25 and leaves for bodrum at 19.25 so im just wondering if that will be enough time etc? not sure if we will need to re-check in bags etc? anyadvice or if possible could i have the email address that you used to contact them??
thanks krissie
Krissie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 20:00   #6 (permalink)
RIK

RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice

I do believe from another forum that they will hold the flight if the original one is late.

Ian
Old 18th February 2010, 20:09   #7 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future

I hope they hold the flight - I'm booked on Stanstead - Bodrum in 4 weeks time!
Old 18th February 2010, 20:35   #8 (permalink)

lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold

An hour wait is ok, if you've flown in on a Pegasus flight your luggage is automatically transferred for you.
No they don't hold the flight. We were 1 1/2 hours late getting into Istanbul on a Pegasus flight on the 2nd January and people flying onwards to Izmir, Ankara and other places had to stay overnight and catch a connection the next day
lesley northall is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 20:38   #9 (permalink)

Nimrod will become famous soon enough Nimrod will become famous soon enough

Itook this flight four weeks ago- the flight was dleayed Stanstead for forty five minutes- I was advised that the connection in Istanbul would wait. I struggled to get through passport control as it was heaving- no designated split between Turkish and other nationals- so a bun fight. I rushed upstairs through into domestic flights to find that the flight did not wait. About a dozen of us were left stranded. It was chaos and fraught at the Pegasus desk, eventually the starnded passengers were taken by mini bus to an adequate hotel in an industrial area and accomodated over night and taken back to the airport at five am for the next available internal flight to Bodrum at 08.30. Pegasus pay the hotel for bed and breakfast- because of the early departure there was no breakfast. Food was not provided free of charge despite the fact that we were not having food at breakfast. Hotel management were surly and not helpful. Food was availlable if you paid. On principle I would not pay and went to bed hungry. I felt very sorry for the several single women travelling with young children as their luggage had been held over at the airport. As I was travelling with a backpack I was not unduly affected. I suggest that you carry snacks and basic toiletries in your hand luggage as I gather from the Hotel staff that this is a regular occurrence. I have however spoken to many folk who have made the connection with no problem. I will try this flight again as the costs are much lower. I reason that I may be luckier next time- so happy travelling and good luck!
Nimrod is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 20:46   #10 (permalink)

Instructor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissie View Post
Hi there I have been pricing up for 16th april and there is a stanstead to bodrum flight via istanbul s goken...however it arrives from standtsead at 18.25 and leaves for bodrum at 19.25 so im just wondering if that will be enough time etc? not sure if we will need to re-check in bags etc? anyadvice or if possible could i have the email address that you used to contact them??
thanks krissie
Hi Krissie,

I flew with Pegasus from Stanstead to Bodrum and arrived back this week. I also only had one hour to transfer from Istanbul airport to Bodrum and the same on my return flight. There is no need to pick up luggage as this will be sent onto your next plane. The pegasus staff were great and waited for all to board. The one hour transfer time is tight and I would advise you to get your visa as quick as possible when you arrive in Istanbul airport. I made the mistake going to passport control thinking I can pick up my visa at Bodrum airport. On my return flight we were about fourty minutes late but was met by Pegasus staff and rushed through. So do not worry!
Instructor is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
bodrum , flights , latest , pegasus