Turkish Living Forums

Turkish Living Forums (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/)
-   Planes, Trains and Automobiles.... (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/planes-trains-automobiles/)
-   -   Feedback - Easyjet Gatwick to Bodrum? (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/planes-trains-automobiles/27755-feedback-easyjet-gatwick-bodrum.html)

tinkycarol 28th August 2009 22:08

Feedback - Easyjet Gatwick to Bodrum?

Hi
I am wondering if anyone has feedback (good or bad) on how the Easyjet Gatwick to Bodrum route is going (started April 2009-ish). Just curious as been reading another thread on SAGA flights - I know once you're on you're at their mercy and delays happen. Used Easyjet to Spain before and all fine.
Thanks Carol

Mikee100 29th August 2009 06:06

Re: Feedback - Easyjet Gatwick to Bodrum?

Hi Carol,
Have used both the LGW-BJV and LGW-SAW flights a few times. Both are absolutely fine, infact much prefer to Onur and UK charter flights.
There's no recline on the Easyjet seats (which means the 4'10" sitting infront of the 6'3" does not incroach on the others space), you get more generous leg room and no weight restriction to hand luggage (just dimentional size).
The only down side is you have to be very organised in your booking, for example book now for April and pay about 70 pp each way, book now for next week and expect to pay about 200 pp.
We have friends staying with us at the moment who flew with Easyjet and the got a 20 minute delay, however, the SAGA flight leaving later that day got a 1h 35m delay.
Hope this helps.
Mike

lynne 29th August 2009 10:59

My friend and elderly mum arrived yesterday on Easy Jet from Gatwick to Bodrum.............9 hours delay ! Technical problem.
Not happy bunnies at the moment but better safe than sorry.

Roydsio 29th August 2009 14:58

We where in the airport when the flight finally arrived. The people who where supposed to be going home had sat in Bodrum airport for 9 hours, they where then called to board at 1am but where then kept waiting for a further 2 hours. At 3.30am they announced the flight wasn't leaving afterall and that they would now put everyone up in a hotel. Bodrum airport is not the best for an 11 hour delay as you all probably know and there where a lot of angry passengers.

Sharon

tomc1984 29th August 2009 15:59

We flew GTW to Bodrum on Easyjet, absolutely fantastic, fully recommend.

tinkycarol 29th August 2009 22:14

Thanks for the replies. I feel for those poor people delayed...9hrs!? I was thinking if that had been me I would have made a start on my duty free gin (even if it meant drinking it neat)...then I read about the poor people waiting to return on it - 9hrs+ in Bodrum airport :hurt: I had a numb bum after waiting the usual 1/2hrs. Made me realise how lucky I have been to not have experienced a major delay so far (touch wood & patting my head).

Mike - I agree the Easyjet booking system/prices are good if you get in really early (this pending trip was 84 rtn, booked 6/8mths ahead). I just got a single back from Bodrum next May for 26euro (?!), outward was 130 so I am planning on having a stay in Istanbul (try Easyjet to SAW) then hopefully get a cheap internal flight nearer the time.

Regards Carol

tinkycarol 26th September 2009 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkycarol (Post 302113)
Thanks for the replies. I feel for those poor people delayed...9hrs!? I was thinking if that had been me I would have made a start on my duty free gin (even if it meant drinking it neat)...then I read about the poor people waiting to return on it - 9hrs+ in Bodrum airport :hurt: I had a numb bum after waiting the usual 1/2hrs. Made me realise how lucky I have been to not have experienced a major delay so far (touch wood & patting my head).

Mike - I agree the Easyjet booking system/prices are good if you get in really early (this pending trip was 84 rtn, booked 6/8mths ahead). I just got a single back from Bodrum next May for 26euro (?!), outward was 130 so I am planning on having a stay in Istanbul (try Easyjet to SAW) then hopefully get a cheap internal flight nearer the time.

Regards Carol

Me and my big trap - it had to happen after saying the above - 4 hr delay!
The outward trip Sat 12th Sep was fine (loved the seats which don't recline). All set for the return trip Mon 21st Sep - Gordion transfer fine, got to BJV 45mins before check-in opened so sat outside for a while then joined the check-in queue. Nothing happened, after a while sat on my bag and opened up the salad/quiche box I got from Deli-cous cafe in Altinkum (a wise investment as it turned out). Left the queue and went back to check-in at 2120 (take off due at 2045). Joined the hoardes past security in the 'glass pen'. Took comfort from the fact that virtually every other flight had a 3hr-ish delay (some poor sods been there most of the day- waiting on a part for the plane I was told). Went and got my free meal from upstairs (no chips if you were on Easyjet!). Heard of a vegetarian being told the veggie option was chips because the rolls had run out (I had asked for a roll in lieu of a limp burger). Glad to get on plane after 4hrs - virtually no food or anything or board but 'complimentary tea & coffee'...then I heard one of the staff whisper to another that she was almost out of teabags - I thought the poor buggers would be lynched. At least by getting on the plane at 1am most people slept so in a way it was a quiet flight. Knackered at the time but another one to put down to experience. Learnt my lesson to pack a doggy bag whether I am hungry or not. Hope anyone else there that night got home in one piece. Carol x

DAVIDO 27th September 2009 00:11

hi i was a passenger on that flight
,that had a disastrous start to my holls .
started off to airport and a delay of 2 hours on motorway to gatwick left me well peed off . never mind stayed overnight at hotel arora (brilliant and helpfull staff)ready for my holls next day. arrived at north terminal to find cues of people, but confusing to work out if i could check in as i was early. yes said a easy jet worker. when coming to check in bags was told none of the conveyors worked so had to take them to a baggage trolley.said a quick prayer as there were so many bags going to so many places , but was assured mine would get there . finaly got on plane ,ready to go when ,pilot said sorry ,we have a fault with the fueling leaking we are trying to get someone to fix it .about a hour later was told we have changed part but its still faulty, so he is going to change another part and we hope this will do the trick.a hour later with still no air con , we were all told part done but the fault is still there .we are en- devouring to get another aircraft.sent to departure lounge, all ready for flight.easyjet young gentleman said,we have a airplane ready but im afraid no pilot or staff.jokes were wearing a bit thin now,but were told to go back to the main terminal, which was a 15min walk back, go to information desk and a easyjet manager will assist you and give you vouchers for a meal ,and keep a eye on the board for further info .well from the moment we left to go to terminal, a flight departure time for the old easyjet flight was up with original departure time but a different departure gate. obviously a new one will come up . everone lined up to get a hand written voucher for 3 pounds. the lady only worked on info ,so where was easyjet rep who was promised .all passengers were now pretty fed up including parents of small kids.ah all of a sudden a easyjet girl was going past so a guy asked could you tell me whats happening about our flight.she shrugged her shoulders, said i dont know ,and arrogantly waved him aside to get past.all of a sudden a announcement said easyjet flight is ready for departure at gate 101.a mad dash to the departure lounge, people left their meals and finnaly we all got to the gate.good news ,we have managed to get a crew,a cheer went up. unfortunately though we do not have a first officer and law says we must .hi spirits was now hitting the passengers and very angry hollidaymakers were now a little vocal.including im affraid myself, i said surely you must have a back up staff for illnesses etc, this just isnt good enough.she then asked if we could all go back to info in terminal and would have a rep there to give us further info when the first officer may arrive as he was caught up on motoway accident and could be a hour or two before he got there .i insisted we wernt moving again, as this was a good way to do what they did before and dissapeer and then what would we do.please dont shout she said .i appologised for shouting but said after all this time even patient people were now thinking this crazy. one gentleman said bring down a manager ,to which she said i am a manager,god help us then he said .finnally after ten hours delay, we boarded the plane .and when one of the airhostesses said sorry for the delay but can you stop having a go at us after all weve been called out to do this and in other words you should be gratfull.the finall insult was they hadnt allocated enough food, so everything you asked for wasnt available.one good bit, at bodrum our pick up driver from oracle had slept in his minibus and was there to pick us up. we dreaded not seeing him there and were prepared to get taxi.thankfully our holliday made up for this fiasco.
davido

tinkycarol 7th October 2009 22:16

Davido
I have received an e-mail from Easyjet - doing a survey on my recent EJ flilght. Not done it yet - keeping it for a rainy afternoon, supposed to take 10 mins. Did you get the same email? Did your PC melt as you let rip?
Carol

DAVIDO 7th October 2009 22:20

no carol i didnt , do you think admin realised i was on that flight and thought better of it. lol.

davido