Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 13th September 2009, 15:58   #1 (permalink)

DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light
easyjet problems

just got back from a great holliday ,that had a disastrous start.
started off to airport and a delay of 2 hours on motorway to gatwick left me well peed off . never mind stayed overnight at hotel arora (brilliant and helpfull staff)ready for my holls next day. arrived at north terminal to find cues of people, but confusing to work out if i could check in as i was early. yes said a easy jet worker. when coming to check in bags was told none of the conveyors worked so had to take them to a baggage trolley.said a quick prayer as there were so many bags going to so many places , but was assured mine would get there . finaly got on plane ,ready to go when ,pilot said sorry ,we have a fault with the fueling leaking we are trying to get someone to fix it .about a hour later was told we have changed part but its still faulty, so he is going to change another part and we hope this will do the trick.a hour later with still no air con , we were all told part done but the fault is still there .we are en- devouring to get another aircraft.sent to departure lounge, all ready for flight.easyjet young gentleman said,we have a airplane ready but im afraid no pilot or staff.jokes were wearing a bit thin now,but were told to go back to the main terminal, which was a 15min walk back, go to information desk and a easyjet manager will assist you and give you vouchers for a meal ,and keep a eye on the board for further info .well from the moment we left to go to terminal, a flight departure time for the old easyjet flight was up with original departure time but a different departure gate. obviously a new one will come up . everone lined up to get a hand written voucher for 3 pounds. the lady only worked on info ,so where was easyjet rep who was promised .all passengers were now pretty fed up including parents of small kids.ah all of a sudden a easyjet girl was going past so a guy asked could you tell me whats happening about our flight.she shrugged her shoulders, said i dont know ,and arrogantly waved him aside to get past.all of a sudden a announcement said easyjet flight is ready for departure at gate 101.a mad dash to the departure lounge, people left their meals and finnaly we all got to the gate.good news ,we have managed to get a crew,a cheer went up. unfortunately though we do not have a first officer and law says we must .hi spirits was now hitting the passengers and very angry hollidaymakers were now a little vocal.including im affraid myself, i said surely you must have a back up staff for illnesses etc, this just isnt good enough.she then asked if we could all go back to info in terminal and would have a rep there to give us further info when the first officer may arrive as he was caught up on motoway accident and could be a hour or two before he got there .i insisted we wernt moving again, as this was a good way to do what they did before and dissapeer and then what would we do.please dont shout she said .i appologised for shouting but said after all this time even patient people were now thinking this crazy. one gentleman said bring down a manager ,to which she said i am a manager,god help us then he said .finnally after ten hours delay, we boarded the plane .and when one of the airhostesses said sorry for the delay but can you stop having a go at us after all weve been called out to do this and in other words you should be gratfull.the finall insult was they hadnt allocated enough food, so everything you asked for wasnt available.one good bit, at bodrum our pick up driver from oracle had slept in his minibus and was there to pick us up. we dreaded not seeing him there and were prepared to get taxi.thankfully our holliday made up for this fiasco.
davido
DAVIDO is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 13th September 2009, 16:48   #2 (permalink)
evelynne

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,103 Posts
EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: easyjet problems

what an awful start to your hols, I hope that is Easyjets problems all over in one go as im flying with them next Saturday !!

I remember they had trouble with the conveyor belt in May when we checked in, although then it did start working again before we checked in.

Trouble with these instances it puts you off the airline, we had a similar experience and delay with Aegean Airlines and have never used them again, but on here they are very popular.

Hope like me your easyjet flights wre cheap !

eve
EVELYNNE is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 17:40   #3 (permalink)

DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light

if it wasnt for plane fault , i would probably say it was ok, but the staff people skills are crap.it was cheap and we booked again for 2 weeks next year for the same reason, but it certainly put me off a bit,. the joke was after a delay of 10 hrs they still insisted on the speedy boarding being implomented, even though even the speedy boarders said for christs sake cant we just get on and go.

davido
DAVIDO is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 17:41   #4 (permalink)

christygee has a spectacular aura about christygee has a spectacular aura about christygee has a spectacular aura about

never traveled with them and never fancied it heard to many horror stories
christygee is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 17:56   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,591 Times in 859 Posts
Istanbul_expat has disabled reputation

I don't like these budget airlines. They are cheap for a reason in my opinion. My nearest airport in the UK is Heathrow and I'm sticking to Turkish Airlines.
Istanbul_expat is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 18:21   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 1,737 Times in 815 Posts
Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute

quote=DAVIDO;306316]if it wasnt for plane fault , i would probably say it was ok, but the staff people skills are crap.it was cheap and we booked again for 2 weeks next year for the same reason, but it certainly put me off a bit,. the joke was after a delay of 10 hrs they still insisted on the speedy boarding being implomented, even though even the speedy boarders said for christs sake cant we just get on and go.

davido[/quote]

[
Helenm150 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 18:27   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,607 Posts
parrot has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christygee View Post
never traveled with them and never fancied it heard to many horror stories
Done Dalaman with them twice,no problems both times,friendly staff,clean aircraft and good practices going with them again next month to Bodrum hope and expect the same.
parrot is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 18:46   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,737 Times in 815 Posts
Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute Helenm150 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Done Dalaman with them twice,no problems both times,friendly staff,clean aircraft and good practices going with them again next month to Bodrum hope and expect the same.
“It is generally known, that he who expects much will be often disappointed; yet disappointment seldom cures us of expectation, or has any effect other than that of producing a moral sentence or peevish exclamation”

Samuel Johnson quotes (English Poet, Critic and Writer. 1709-1784)
Helenm150 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 19:22   #9 (permalink)
Mikee100

Mikee100 has a spectacular aura about Mikee100 has a spectacular aura about Mikee100 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry you had such a bad flight. Just goes to show that all airlines have problems. I fly quite often with Easyjet and generally it does what it says on the tin. I love the fact that the seats dont recline so you dont end up with the person in the seat in front of you laying in your lap!
Have had some terrible flights and delays with Aegean including being given a seat on a plane that was so old that the foam on the seat had disintergrated and was left with a seat that was basically a toilet seat with fabric over it, very comfortable for a 4 hour flight, not. Saying that flew with Aegean 2 weeks ago and had a good plane and emergency exit seats with loads of leg room.
Took BA from Izmir last year and was a complete disaster, 3.5 hour delay and the most arrogant and unhelpfull crew.
So I am resound to the fact that there is good and bad with all lines and will have to put up with it until I save up for my Lear Jet. ........ Dream.
Mikee100 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 21:48   #10 (permalink)

annalisa is on a distinguished road

I don't like these budget airlines too. I have no bad experinece with easyjet, but with many others ... no comunication during some problems situations ... etc.
annalisa is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
easyjet , problems