Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:43   #1 (permalink)

petere is on a distinguished road
pegasus airlines

hello everyone.
has anyone pegasus airlines from Dalaman to Stansted?
does the Dal/ istanbul/ Stan flight depart from the international or domestic termianal at Dalaman?
Also do you change planes at istanbul or does the same plane continue on?
i am using this route in 2 weeks time but Pegasus dont answer their phones and cant find out this info.
Thanks in advance
Peter
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:54   #2 (permalink)

ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold
Re: pegasus airlines

Hi Peter

I have just got home from travelling that route today. Well, in answer to your questions, you come out of domestic arrivals, turn right, go up the escalators (although the sign for Int'l dep says to go left!), then you will go through passport control and security (at the gate).

The connection time is very tight. We were late from Dalaman and ended up in the domestic terminal at the time the London flight was leaving (from Int'l!)! The plane waited for us, then there were a lot of people that were delayed coming in on connecting flights from DLM and Bodrum.

We ended up being delayed almost 2 hours. The pilot's excuse was 'the foggy weather at departure point'. Well the dep point was Northern Cyprus and the couple sitting next to me were on the plane from Nth Cyprus and the weather was fine! In fact they were on time. So I suspect that in reality the delay was caused by waiting for passengers (and of course their luggage) arriving from different parts of Turkey.

Safe trip!

Youth is wasted on the young!
Eddie, Pearl Jam

Last edited by ZiaCa'; 23rd November 2009 at 17:58..
ZiaCa' is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:55   #3 (permalink)

Orinoco is on a distinguished road

Pegasus offer cheap fares and the flights themselves are fine.That is the good news.....Their organisation though,is a shambles!!!

(I wont go into details here,as I want to answer your Question)

My recent trip with them was from Bodrum to Stansted via Sabiha Gokcen Airport in Istanbul.
On arrival at Sabiha Gokcen you should exit the Domestic Arrival Area(walk straight through this area)
As soon as you exit the building,turn Left and head for the International Departures Area,which will be directly ahead.
If you have already received your boarding card for the Stansted flight at Dalaman(I didn't so I had to check in again),proceed straight through Passport Control,which is to the right hand side of the check-in desks.Watch the time here,as there can be long queues.
Once you are through the numerous security checks,you will be in a small area where the departure gates are located.
If your connecting flight is on time there should be no problem,and even if you are delayed,they should hold the London flight.However,Sabiha Gokcen is a very hectic place,and if you are not careful,it can take you an age to get through Passport and security.

I hope this helps.
Bob
Orinoco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

Shambles is just one word I would use, we travelled today
Dalaman to Stansted via Sabin Goken. It may be that
the new airport terminal has just opened and is experiencing
teething difficulties, we saw a sign that said transit passengers and followed group from our flight up an
escalator to be blocked by an official at the top pretty scarry when getting to the top and not being able to step of!!
The problem as far as I can make out is that you have pegasus flights arriving from Dalaman, Bodrum, Antalya, Izmir & Ercan all scheduled to arrive at 9.30am with passengers
transfering to pegasus flights bound for Stansted, Amsterdam,Brussels, Berne & I think it was Frankfurt all due to leave at 10.30am. When we arrived at the International part of the airport we had to queue to get
through only 2 custom posts open, not daring to stop at duty free,
down an escalator to a area that was far to small
where we had to queue to get through just 2 security posts, it took over an hour and was very chaotic cramped &
unpleasant, all the time not knowing if the flights were
going to be held. when we eventually got on the plane we
sat there for a further 40 minutes, probably while they
sorted the luggage out.

Its a real shame, I had planned to use Pegasus again in
January after todays fiasco I would certainly would need
confirmation that they have sorted out the problems at
Sahbin Goken

Last edited by CJD; 23rd November 2009 at 21:16..
CJD is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 05:22   #5 (permalink)

thank you all for your replies
but does the dalaman flight leave from international terminal or domestic
thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 05:57   #6 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

Domestic
Old 24th November 2009, 06:04   #7 (permalink)

thank you, pete
Old 24th November 2009, 06:48   #8 (permalink)

ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold

Going from the UK, i.e. Stansted to Dalaman, the connection time is even tighter! Not looking forward to it, but on a plus side I have 25 kg baggage allowance to take advantage of.

The luggage allowance is a plus with Pegasus and they weren't fussed with a few extra kilos not did they weigh hand luggage, but then that could have just been pot luck!

Eddie, Pearl Jam
Old 24th November 2009, 06:54   #9 (permalink)
CJD

I think once you know that they hold the flights you
can relax a bit and maybe go with the flow a lot of the
stress was not knowing if the flight would wait

I agree that the 25kgs is good and the legroom is
so much better than TC

Last edited by CJD; 24th November 2009 at 06:57..
CJD is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 06:59   #10 (permalink)

I agree Carol, but there was one lady on our flight yesterday who missed her connection as she was delayed 20 mins! Having heard that makes me slightly nervous. I'm hoping I'm not the only one on the flight to Dalaman! She was put up in a hotel at Pegasus expense of course.

Sounds like the STD -SAW is pretty much late all the time because of the late arrival from the aircraft from SAW. I'm going to keep a log over the next couple of weeks of it's timeliness and will post my findings! Better go get my monocle and tweed coat out!

Eddie, Pearl Jam

Tags
airlines , pegasus