Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 8th March 2014, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Sun Worshipper

Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of
Why the rush?

What really peeves me off on any form of transport is that passengers always seem in a mad rush to get off.

As soon a a plane lands, before it haas stopped then people are rushing to get off.

They can't get off until the doors have opened.
They then have to wait to go through immigration and/or passport control.
They then have to wait for their luggage.

I usually wait until the mad rush is over.
I may have to wait at immigration.
I then have to wait for my luggage, which sometimes is the first off.
Reminds me of LIFO - last in first out.

People on busses are somewhat similar.
They can't get off the bus until it stops and opens doors.

On a local train today.
Some old dear sitting on the inside of me (maybe younger than me), was rushing to get off before the train reached the platform.
I got up and let her pass and then sat down.
Many others in a rush to get off.
When the train stopped I then got off using another door and she was still in the queue waiting to get off.

Can anyone explain the mad rush?
Chinook (9th March 2014), culturevulture (9th March 2014), Hilsjw (9th March 2014), Jaycey (8th March 2014), kemerkid (9th March 2014)
Old 8th March 2014, 17:08   #2 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 12,550 Times in 4,914 Posts
kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why the rush?

theyre dyıng for a fag?
kibris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kibris For This Useful Post:
Harem (9th March 2014), Yalides (8th March 2014)
Old 8th March 2014, 17:13   #3 (permalink)
Sun Worshipper

Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of Tommie has much to be proud of

Most arrival areas are now non-smoking, including open-air train platforms.
Jaycey (8th March 2014)
Old 8th March 2014, 17:25   #4 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 19,605 Times in 10,019 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Most arrival areas are now non-smoking, including open-air train platforms.
Id had a long journey from Johannesburg to London, no smoking areas anywhere.

Finished up at Kings Cross (?) 18 hours later and sitting in the train for Harpenden.

Then I saw a porter having a cigarette behind a pillar and joined him there.

Finished my fag feeling better until I turned around and realised that the train and my luggage had left without me.

Bu99er but the porter phoned ahead and my luggage was unloaded at the next stop. The biggest sigh of relief I've ever experienced!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Mavisteve (9th March 2014)
Old 8th March 2014, 17:39   #5 (permalink)
Sun Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
I’d had a long journey from Johannesburg to London, no smoking areas anywhere.

Finished up at Kings Cross (?) 18 hours later and sitting in the train for Harpenden.

Then I saw a porter having a cigarette behind a pillar and joined him there.

Finished my fag feeling better until I turned around and realised that the train and my luggage had left without me.

Bu99er – but the porter phoned ahead and my luggage was unloaded at the next stop. The biggest sigh of relief I've ever experienced!
Thought you'd know that smoking is bad for you!

Last edited by Tommie; 8th March 2014 at 18:30.. Reason: typo
Tommie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 09:28   #6 (permalink)
TCJ

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,478 Posts
TCJ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Can anyone explain the mad rush?
The only times I have done this it was because the plane had arrived late I had only a few minutes to make my connection with the second flight. Running the full length of Brussels Airport from the landing bays to the departure bays is no damn fun at all (by a quirk of the time-space continuum Brussels Airport is actually larger that Belgium).
TCJ is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 10:02   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,027 Posts
Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute Carolyn has a reputation beyond repute

I did it last week after travelling on the delayed Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Istanbul.

I had a flight booked from the Domestic terminal in Ataturk to Dalaman due to depart at 9.20 am. My international flight was due to land at 6 am. Unfortunately due to a 1 3/4 hour delay in taking off things were getting ever more tight. When we did land eventually we sat on the apron for ages waiting to get to a stand. As soon as the plane had touched down people were up trying to drag bags out of lockers. Three times the captain told passengers to stay in their seats until the plane came to a standstill and the seat belt lights were turned off.

We had to pile into buses for the drive into the terminal and I pushed and shoved with the rest to get onto the first bus away from the plane. I ran into the terminal and it was 8 am before I got through passport control. My luggage was due to come off the carousel furthest away from the Domestic terminal so I grabbed a trolley and pushed an shoved my way through. I grabbed my bags and ran like hell around to Domestic, wearing several layers of clothes as I knew I was at least 10 kgs of luggage over for a Turkish airlines domestic flight. I made it to the bag drop the colour of a beetroot and sweating profusely. I probably looked either "dodgy" or ill! After another dash to pay excess baggage - a bargain at 30tl for 10kgs I had to fight my way back to the check-in desk and then rush off through security. By the time I got through the flight was boarding so it was onto yet another bus and onto the plane. I made it by the skin of my teeth - just.

I agree though that normally for the sake of ten minutes or so, why not sit tight and make a leisurely, unhurried exit from the plane without pushing and shoving.

Carolyn is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 10:24   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

Whenever I have had connecting flights with the first running late I have had a word with the on board staff who have always allowed me to get up and to the door before other passengers; on two occasions they had organised tarmac transfers and on one famous occasion there were 3 of us connecting and they held the departure of the ongoing long haul flight - mind the luggage came next day but at least I did not miss my meeting. This of course was on schedule airlines and not charter
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 10:31   #9 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,207 Times in 4,397 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

It always amazes me that people will cluster around a lift door, it's fairly obvious that the people already inside have to get out before anyone can get in, yet they continually do it , blocking the way for departees

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 10:32   #10 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What really peeves me off on any form of transport is that passengers always seem in a mad rush to get off.

As soon a a plane lands, before it haas stopped then people are rushing to get off.

They can't get off until the doors have opened.
Ok the subject or topic here is simple, why do people rush for the door before the plane has stopped or the steps have been put in place. On the basis that we must stick strickly to this subject I therefore suggest the the two previous posts are off topic and racing through airport terminals is totally irrelivent and should be removed.

No doubt this post will be remove irrespective of topic.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (9th March 2014)

Tags
rush