FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 26th March 2015, 10:11   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,010
Thanked 325 Times in 135 Posts
spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough
One way flights for sale

2 one way seats

Gatwick to Dalaman

Dep 7th April 09.10hrs

Arr 7th April 15.10hrs

Flight TCX 1986

Includes 1 x 20kg of hold luggage 2 x 6kg hand luggage

100 for both

Buyer pays for name changes
spanabridge is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 28th March 2015, 09:50   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,010
Thanked 325 Times in 135 Posts
spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough
Re: One way flights for sale

spanabridge is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 16:17   #3 (permalink)
Just passing through
 
oldfogy's Avatar
 

Thanks: 1,517
Thanked 3,911 Times in 2,240 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: One way flights for sale

When attempting to sell airline tickets people should be made to state from which airline they are for, because different airlines charge different rates, which can be anything from 35 (per ticket) right up to the face value of the ticket of the date of the flight.

And people, if you want the cheaper option of doing it yourself 'on-line' instead of going through the airline help desk then you also need the 'Booking Number' which is not the flight number.

Don't forget the 35 cost per person is for making the change yourself on-line.
Or it's 55 per person if done through the contact centre.

As for a guideline, these are for Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines - Help & Frequenly Asked Questions

But sounds a bargain for someone.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
esb1841 (29th March 2015)
Old 28th March 2015, 17:19   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 2,442
Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,493 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation
Re: One way flights for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post
When attempting to sell airline tickets people should be made to state from which airline they are for, because different airlines charge different rates, which can be anything from 35 (per ticket) right up to the face value of the ticket of the date of the flight.

And people, if you want the cheaper option of doing it yourself 'on-line' instead of going through the airline help desk then you also need the 'Booking Number' which is not the flight number.

Don't forget the 35 cost per person is for making the change yourself on-line.
Or it's 55 per person if done through the contact centre.

As for a guideline, these are for Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines - Help & Frequenly Asked Questions

But sounds a bargain for someone.
It does state in the TC faq that's online changes can only be made through the tc website if the original booking was made directly with TC if the booking was made through another party ( travel agent ) then any change has to be made through them
I think the cost of the change should be stated in the advertised price
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to esb1841 For This Useful Post:
oldfogy (28th March 2015)
Old 28th March 2015, 17:32   #5 (permalink)
Just passing through
 
oldfogy's Avatar
 

Thanks: 1,517
Thanked 3,911 Times in 2,240 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation
Re: One way flights for sale

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking any person who needs/wants to sell-on tickets, but the buyer needs to be fully aware of all/any costs before committing to the sale.

I would hate for someone to come back and say they would have been cheaper just to buy new tickets (if that was the case) simply because they knew no better but saw a bargain staring them in the face, and no-doubt these tickets 'as with all the tickets that have come up for sale this week from different people and for different airports.

All of this aggravation can be solved simply by stating who the airline is in the initial advert and any potential buyer can contact them direct and check-out what the costs will be.

And lets face it, no-one wants to be taken for a 'miss-guided ride' by another TLF member.

************
Edit:
Although I suppose there is a clue in the flight details.

>>> Flight TCX 1986

.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Akasya (28th March 2015)
Old 28th March 2015, 17:38   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 2,442
Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,493 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation
Re: One way flights for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking any person who needs/wants to sell-on tickets, but the buyer needs to be fully aware of all/any costs before committing to the sale.

I would hate for someone to come back and say they would have been cheaper just to buy new tickets (if that was the case) simply because they knew no better but saw a bargain staring them in the face, and no-doubt these tickets 'as with all the tickets that have come up for sale this week from different people and for different airports.

All of this aggravation can be solved simply by stating who the airline is in the initial advert and any potential buyer can contact them direct and check-out what the costs will be.

And lets face it, no-one wants to be taken for a 'miss-guided ride' by another TLF member.

************
Edit:
Although I suppose there is a clue in the flight details.

>>> Flight TCX 1986

.
Completely agree with you it should be noted other airlines do require all changes to be completed through your online account that you have created so sometimes if selling the seller may need to pass other the email address and password that was used to create the account

for example easyjet has 2 charges for name change 35 online and
For name changes, in addition to the 'Name change fee' stated above, you will also need to pay the difference in price between the cost of the original flight booked and the cost of the flight at the time the change is made. No refund will be made if the cost of the flight is lower at the time of the change.
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to esb1841 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (28th March 2015)
Old 29th March 2015, 07:01   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 1,010
Thanked 325 Times in 135 Posts
spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough spanabridge is a jewel in the rough
Re: One way flights for sale

Sold
spanabridge is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flights , sale



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flights for sale keny Planes, Trains and Automobiles.... 2 3rd June 2011 07:26
flights for sale lol and mandy Planes, Trains and Automobiles.... 10 18th March 2011 23:27
flights for sale keny Planes, Trains and Automobiles.... 4 16th August 2009 19:19
Flights for sale scotgus Dalaman Forum 2 13th September 2008 19:20
Flights for sale teddy kebab Altinkum Forum 0 5th May 2008 19:23



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:59.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155