Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th August 2015, 08:44   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 1,580 Times in 915 Posts
suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future
Pamukkale bus Antalya to Fethiye

Hi, does anyone know the winter time table for this trip. I know there are coaches at about 1pm and 2pm, but that's summer, and I do know in winter it's a reduced service. We will be landing in January at 12.20pm, and looking for a direct service from the bus station. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot. Sue xx
suecheshireuk is online now send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 18th August 2015, 12:59   #2 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of
Re: Pamukkale bus Antalya to Fethiye

Have a look on their web site, also Kamil Koc which we went on a couple of months ago from Antalya to Fethiye. There are a couple of other companies Metro is one and Ak Deniz I think may also go on that route.

Sue

A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddington bear For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (18th August 2015)
Old 18th August 2015, 13:31   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,023 Times in 423 Posts
crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of crystalchris has much to be proud of

Sue have you already booked,,if not there is a thomascook flight into Dalaman from Manchester on 5th Jan and one flight a week in Feb,,,,,,,,of course that's not useful if you have booked,,,,,,
crystalchris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crystalchris For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (18th August 2015)
Old 18th August 2015, 17:04   #4 (permalink)

suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future suecheshireuk has a brilliant future

Thank you both for your replies. I don't think the websites are always updated for the winter, as we found out, we turned up for a coach that was advertised on the website, but we were told its not running in the winter months.
Chris, we are living in North Cyprus now, so the Manchester flight would be of no use. We havent yet booked our flights, as we need to get them to correspond with coach departures to Fethiye, preferably direct. Sue xx
suecheshireuk is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 06:02   #5 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,040 Times in 906 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Sue, Its not really possible to find out now with any certainty what bus times for January will be. My husband is a driver for Kamil Koç and has also worked for several others, they change the schedules and cancel them as and when there arent enough passengers at very short notice, often just a few hours in winter time. The best and most reliable way to find out is to call the ticket sales offices in Antalya Otogar a short time (few days at the most) before you'll travel. If you PM me a few days before you're coming i'll get some information for you but i'll also ask him later today roughly what the frequency was this winter as he went to Fethiye several times, that might give you an idea.

Alison

Last edited by A89; 19th August 2015 at 06:23..
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A89 For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (19th August 2015)
Old 19th August 2015, 08:02   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A89 View Post
Sue, Its not really possible to find out now with any certainty what bus times for January will be. My husband is a driver for Kamil Koç and has also worked for several others, they change the schedules and cancel them as and when there arent enough passengers at very short notice, often just a few hours in winter time. The best and most reliable way to find out is to call the ticket sales offices in Antalya Otogar a short time (few days at the most) before you'll travel. If you PM me a few days before you're coming i'll get some information for you but i'll also ask him later today roughly what the frequency was this winter as he went to Fethiye several times, that might give you an idea.

Alison
Aww, thank you so much Alison, that would be a great help. Just having a rough idea would be useful, in the past we have been rushing to catch a bus, only to find it isn't running, so any help you can offer would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot Sue xx
The Following User Says Thank You to suecheshireuk For This Useful Post:
A89 (19th August 2015)
Old 19th August 2015, 09:58   #7 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 1,814 Times in 874 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: Pamukkale bus Antalya to Fethiye

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecheshireuk View Post
Hi, does anyone know the winter time table for this trip. I know there are coaches at about 1pm and 2pm, but that's summer, and I do know in winter it's a reduced service. We will be landing in January at 12.20pm, and looking for a direct service from the bus station. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot. Sue xx
There is also Batı-Antalya, not as big as the KK PAM buses but they are OK and their schedules seem to be quite regular. In the winter you will probably not need a reservation but show up early enough to choose your seats.

NOTE: there are both Yayla and Sahil bus routes. The sahil in winter would be best as the yayla could have snow.

You can get their schedule here:

http://batiantalyatur.com.tr/?syf=seferlerimiz

Quote:
Alison
Alison, good advice to call ahead just before one departs.

It is interesting what you write about cancelling at the last minute. The Missus has been using the Kaş to Istanbul route throughout various seasons with both Pamukkale and Kamil Koç and has never had a cancellation. She has occasionally been the only passenger departing Kaş. Probably because Istanbul is a more frequent, year-round destination?
The Following User Says Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 19th August 2015, 10:23   #8 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,040 Times in 906 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleEarth View Post
There is also Batı-Antalya, not as big as the KK PAM buses but they are OK and their schedules seem to be quite regular. In the winter you will probably not need a reservation but show up early enough to choose your seats.

NOTE: there are both Yayla and Sahil bus routes. The sahil in winter would be best as the yayla could have snow.

You can get their schedule here:

http://batiantalyatur.com.tr/?syf=seferlerimiz

Alison, good advice to call ahead just before one departs.

It is interesting what you write about cancelling at the last minute. The Missus has been using the Kaş to Istanbul route throughout various seasons with both Pamukkale and Kamil Koç and has never had a cancellation. She has occasionally been the only passenger departing Kaş. Probably because Istanbul is a more frequent, year-round destination?

Possibly, my husband said this morning Pamukkale are less likely to cancel at the last minute than some of the other companies. Last winter he was working for Gülaras and driving from Adiyaman to Fethiye and they regularly cancelled his runs because there were no bookings. When they run with only a few passengers they very often dont get their full wage. I travelled long distance here many times and its so cheap and usually a brilliant service but it never even occurred to me to tip the crew but if you get a good service a tip will always be very gratefully received.

Sue - hes going to ask for you, it may be a few days later because hes just on his way home and wont go back until Friday evening but i'll get back to you, if you dont hear from me by say Sunday, send me a PM to remind me.

Alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A89 For This Useful Post:
Old 19th August 2015, 17:35   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Possibly, my husband said this morning Pamukkale are less likely to cancel at the last minute than some of the other companies. Last winter he was working for Gülaras and driving from Adiyaman to Fethiye and they regularly cancelled his runs because there were no bookings. When they run with only a few passengers they very often dont get their full wage. I travelled long distance here many times and its so cheap and usually a brilliant service but it never even occurred to me to tip the crew but if you get a good service a tip will always be very gratefully received.

Sue - hes going to ask for you, it may be a few days later because hes just on his way home and wont go back until Friday evening but i'll get back to you, if you dont hear from me by say Sunday, send me a PM to remind me.

Alison
What a star, thanks Alison. Xx
The Following User Says Thank You to suecheshireuk For This Useful Post:
A89 (19th August 2015)
Old 19th August 2015, 17:43   #10 (permalink)

Sorry for back to back post. Thanks for the link middle earth, unfortunately to try and suss out the winter time table I went on to book a ticket, but it only goes up to think it was November. As Alison say's it's probably too early for the bus company's to decide their time table. I havent found a time table as such anywhere, but as my Turkish is still pretty rubbish, Im probably not looking in the right place. Sue xx

Tags
antalya , bus , fethiye , pamukkale