Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th November 2015, 11:47   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 1,151 Times in 391 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Green Card cost please?

I'm intending to drive from the UK to Gulluk in mid April of next year and not being a sailor I will be doing the strictly overland route from France, Germany etc.
Apart from the fact that it seems that I can only have breakdown cover in the European side of Turkey, it also looks like I will be paying for a green card at the Turkish border as my insurer doesn't cover it.
To assist with my budgeting I would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of the cost.I will be in Turkey for about two weeks.
Any other information is always gratefully received.
Old 5th November 2015, 13:14   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,095 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Green Card cost please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I'm intending to drive from the UK to Gulluk in mid April of next year and not being a sailor I will be doing the strictly overland route from France, Germany etc.
Apart from the fact that it seems that I can only have breakdown cover in the European side of Turkey, it also looks like I will be paying for a green card at the Turkish border as my insurer doesn't cover it.
To assist with my budgeting I would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of the cost.I will be in Turkey for about two weeks.
Any other information is always gratefully received.
change your insurer - there are many companies in the UK who will give you green card cover ( free) . I am with Saga and I can get as many green cards as I wish for any stay up to 182 days.
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 14:00   #3 (permalink)

Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I will be staying with my insurer because the savings I make insuring my cars courtesy of the discounts my daughter gets me (works for the company) massively outweigh a one off free green card.
So back to the original question please?
Old 5th November 2015, 15:55   #4 (permalink)

WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I will be staying with my insurer because the savings I make insuring my cars courtesy of the discounts my daughter gets me (works for the company) massively outweigh a one off free green card.
So back to the original question please?
Yes - your call. However I wouldn't be as sure as you seem to be. My fully comp policy for a 2014 Vauxhall Zafira comes in at £135-for pure interest sake I will be curious to hear what you pay for your green card at the border.
Old 6th November 2015, 17:21   #5 (permalink)

I insure a Merc SLK with full NCB, Protected and with Legal cover and Full UK breakdown for £200 for wifey and me.
I insure a Citroen C1 for me, wifey, two daughters under 23 years with two years NCB, legal cover and full breakdown for £200 as well.
I can't match those figures anywhere else.
Saga wouldn't even get near I'm afraid.
The green card is a one-off and I will be keen to know how much for a couple of weeks.
Old 6th November 2015, 17:55   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 1,096 Times in 559 Posts
Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of

I don't know the answer to your question but a point to consider is that green card only gives you third party cover.

You won't be getting any of your high falutin legal cover and breakdown cover.
Hunt 23 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunt 23 For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (6th November 2015)
Old 6th November 2015, 18:13   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 5,533 Times in 2,619 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

High Falutin ..that made me laugh.

Though I wonder if anyone will ever answer Mushrooms question
Old 6th November 2015, 20:34   #8 (permalink)

Talkinman has a spectacular aura about Talkinman has a spectacular aura about

Evening Mushroom,
Out of interest, had a trawl around and found information on Welcome to MIB (Motor Insurance Bureau)
but, as has been stated by others before, it seems that you insurer should supply one on request at no cost.
Joyce

Don't know how it happened but the website re-named itself in the post. Just Google 'Welcome to MIB' and it will show the site address.

Last edited by Talkinman; 6th November 2015 at 20:36..
Talkinman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talkinman For This Useful Post:
Mushroom (7th November 2015)
Old 6th November 2015, 21:13   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,564 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation

Here is the Turkish AA website
INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC INSURANCE (GREEN CARD)

The green card certificate is a green document isssued with an international format providing coverage as the international extention of motor third party liability insurance policy in countries participating in the green card system within the limits and legistation of the country of the accident in the frame of Strasbourg Agreement which was also signed by the Turkish Government.
Click for applicable countries!
Green Card fees and expiry dates for passenger vehicles are stated in the chart below. For other type of vehicles please click

Türkiye Turing ve Otomobil Kurumu

On the MIB website
[Green Card

The Green Card is an international certificate of insurance providing visiting motorists the minimum compulsory insurance cover required by the law of the country visited. A green card is not compulsory for all countries in the Green Card System.

Responsibility for issuing Green Cards is given to national organisations (in the UK that is MIB). Many national organisations, including the MIB, allow insurers to print and issue their own cards in the interests of efficiency.

No charge is made for a Green Card. However, if cover is increased at the same time the Green Card is issued, an insurer is entitled to make a charge for the extension of cover. Intermediaries are also entitled to charge for obtaining Green Cards for their clients.

Green Card system explained
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esb1841 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (7th November 2015), Mushroom (7th November 2015)
Old 7th November 2015, 11:18   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt 23 View Post
I don't know the answer to your question but a point to consider is that green card only gives you third party cover.

You won't be getting any of your high falutin legal cover and breakdown cover.

Just to clarify- I am assuming your post refers to the green card cover bought on entry to Turkey. The green card cover bought for Turkey in the UK will be equivalent to your existing car policy cover in the UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to WIDDRINGTON For This Useful Post:
Mushroom (7th November 2015)

Tags
card , cost , green