Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 28th May 2018, 18:40   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,246 Posts
suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute
Dalaman airport to Datca

Well, I thought I had already asked this, I just cannot find the thread, so maybe it's hidden in another topic. I think I need to go from the airport to the otogar in Marmaris, then take the bus down. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to the otogar ? Are there buses outside the airport and how long does it take ? Thanks in advance. xx
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 28th May 2018, 21:13   #2 (permalink)
navarro

Thanked 2,129 Times in 925 Posts
navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dalaman airport to Datca

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecheshireuk View Post
Well, I thought I had already asked this, I just cannot find the thread, so maybe it's hidden in another topic. I think I need to go from the airport to the otogar in Marmaris, then take the bus down. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to the otogar ? Are there buses outside the airport and how long does it take ? Thanks in advance. xx
You will be looking at 3 plus hours using the bus services. There is a company that work in Datca that offer a transfer from the airport direct to Datca for about 50 TL (when last checked) per person.

I have not got their contact details to hand at this moment but they are called Datca Transfer, maybe you could find them online.
navarro is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to navarro For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (28th May 2018)
Old 28th May 2018, 21:53   #3 (permalink)

suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Navarro, I will check that out. The travel time seem's fine. xx

PS The website doesn't appear to be working properly so I can't book anything .

Last edited by suecheshireuk; 28th May 2018 at 22:00..
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2018, 23:07   #4 (permalink)
navarro

navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute navarro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you Navarro, I will check that out. The travel time seem's fine. xx

PS The website doesn't appear to be working properly so I can't book anything .
The problem with the buses, is that if you cannot make the connection in Marmaris you could end up waiting even longer for the bus to Datca.

I am going into the town tomoz so will check prices and post up to date cost for you and contact details.
suecheshireuk (29th May 2018)
Old 29th May 2018, 06:15   #5 (permalink)
Living in Paradise!

SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold

There are now transfer companies that run a shuttle that connects with scheduled flights from Istanbul, if you let me know what time your flight arrives I will check if it coincides. The shuttle is 60tl per person.
At the moment the same company are also doing a private transfer for 220tl, which is great value.
It takes 2.5 - 3 hours
SonnyJim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonnyJim For This Useful Post:
Old 29th May 2018, 06:18   #6 (permalink)
Living in Paradise!

SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold

Just saw that Datça transfer have already been mentioned! They have a Facebook page. I have to go and see them anyway, so you can pm me your flight details if you can't get hold of them. There Facebook page is called Transfer Datça!
Are you on Facebook?!

Last edited by SonnyJim; 29th May 2018 at 09:05..
SonnyJim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonnyJim For This Useful Post:
Old 29th May 2018, 13:08   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJim View Post
There are now transfer companies that run a shuttle that connects with scheduled flights from Istanbul, if you let me know what time your flight arrives I will check if it coincides. The shuttle is 60tl per person.
At the moment the same company are also doing a private transfer for 220tl, which is great value.
It takes 2.5 - 3 hours
Hi SonnyJim, thanks so much, we arrive 13th July 14.55, we are on Facebook, so will try and find them. xx
Old 29th May 2018, 15:57   #8 (permalink)
navarro

Unfortunately when I was in the town today, the shop was closed. When I am next there I will update if no one else has done so in the mean time.

I would certainly recommend using this service not only because we use them on every occasion that we have to return to the UK via Dalaman, but also because it is so much better than relying on the main bus timetables.
Old 29th May 2018, 16:54   #9 (permalink)

Thanks so much, is it the same company SunnyJim is referring to ? I have tried to find Datca transfers on Facebook, but I cannot find them. xx
Old 29th May 2018, 17:04   #10 (permalink)
navarro

Quote:
Thanks so much, is it the same company SunnyJim is referring to ? I have tried to find Datca transfers on Facebook, but I cannot find them. xx
Yes, its the same people, I cannot find them on FB either. Have you tried e [email protected]

Tags
airport , dalaman , datca