Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:48   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 25,757 Times in 13,606 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute
Pegasus : Pets on plane.

We’ve booked our Pegasus flights to Turkey for my wife, myself & bonsai poodle Mitzi for next weekend.

Mitzi has her passport up to date with rabies & vet health certificate but we are now told that she also needs a rabies test certificate from 3 months prior.

1. 3 months & we’re leaving in 7 days!

2. There is no qualified laboratory with 700 kms of Zaporozhye and test results take 14 days.

3. This applies only to Pegasus, not Turkish airlines.

4. No mention of this on Pegasus rules on pet travel…

https://www.pettravel.com/airline_pe...usAirlines.cfm

Any comments welcome (even f***k Pegasus acceptable! 😊 )
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:16   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 8,153 Times in 3,538 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pegasus : Pets on plane.

I thought Turkish Airlines owns Pegasus. . . try the organ grinder rather than the monkey.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (2nd March 2020)
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:35   #3 (permalink)

Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
I thought Turkish Airlines owns Pegasus. . . try the organ grinder rather than the monkey.
Turkish do own Pegasus but to switch to Turkish Airlines now would mean nearly 3 times the price plus a 10 hour layover!

But curious that Pegasus would change the rules without notice and that they don't apply to Turkish airlines.

I wonder how many other passengers will arrive at the airport and be refused boarding

We're off to the Pegasus airport office tomorrow to do battle!
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:55   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 7,024 Times in 4,281 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
We’ve booked our Pegasus flights to Turkey for my wife, myself & bonsai poodle Mitzi for next weekend.

Mitzi has her passport up to date with rabies & vet health certificate but we are now told that she also needs a rabies test certificate from 3 months prior.

1. 3 months & we’re leaving in 7 days!

2. There is no qualified laboratory with 700 kms of Zaporozhye and test results take 14 days.

3. This applies only to Pegasus, not Turkish airlines.

4. No mention of this on Pegasus rules on pet travel…

https://www.pettravel.com/airline_pe...usAirlines.cfm

Any comments welcome (even f***k Pegasus acceptable! 😊 )
Sling your local vet a few Coins of the Realm, I'm sure he could knock something up.
That's me thinking out loud Jaycey & I say that as a dog lover.
Hilsjw (3rd March 2020), Jaycey (2nd March 2020)
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:05   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Sling your local vet a few Coins of the Realm, I'm sure he could knock something up.
That's me thinking out loud Jaycey & I say that as a dog lover.
Perish the thought Chips! Corruption in Ukraine!?
I confess that I did think about that but he wouldn't have the necessary official forms.
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:35   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,288 Posts
suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute

Jaycey, all pets have to have their rabies jabs and blood tests no matter where they travel and what airline. Though to be honest when we took our cat and dog from Cyprus to Turkey on Turkish airlines no one even asked for documentation until we landed in Dalaman and as it was all in English I doubt they understood a word of it. A handy tip I was also given was to make sure the pets have their booster every year to avoid going through the 3 month process again. It's a shame no one gave you this info earlier. We only found out about the rabies jab after speaking to a pet travel company. xx

Last edited by suecheshireuk; 2nd March 2020 at 19:38.. Reason: Added extra info.
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suecheshireuk For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (2nd March 2020)
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:50   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecheshireuk View Post
Jaycey, all pets have to have their rabies jabs and blood tests no matter where they travel and what airline. Though to be honest when we took our cat and dog from Cyprus to Turkey on Turkish airlines no one even asked for documentation until we landed in Dalaman and as it was all in English I doubt they understood a word of it. A handy tip I was also given was to make sure the pets have their booster every year to avoid going through the 3 month process again. It's a shame no one gave you this info earlier. We only found out about the rabies jab after speaking to a pet travel company. xx
Rabies jabs no problem & current. We've never been asked for a blood test.

Now they insist on a separate test undertaken by a government office and must be 3 months previous to flight.

And why this is not required by Turkish Airlines is unclear. Seems the regulation has been made by Pegasus rather than any international ruling.

We'll take Mitzi to the Pegasus office tomorrow, 1.5 kgs of fire & fury - doubtless she'll scare them into submission...

Mitzi attitude.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (3rd March 2020), suecheshireuk (3rd March 2020)
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:03   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 7,024 Times in 4,281 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
Rabies jabs no problem & current. We've never been asked for a blood test.

Now they insist on a separate test undertaken by a government office and must be 3 months previous to flight.

And why this is not required by Turkish Airlines is unclear. Seems the regulation has been made by Pegasus rather than any international ruling.

We'll take Mitzi to the Pegasus office tomorrow, 1.5 kgs of fire & fury - doubtless she'll scare them into submission...

Attachment 17860
Don't know about you but the dog surely requires first class...………...
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:14   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
Don't know about you but the dog surely requires first class...………...
She doesn't need so much leg room
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:48   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,515 Times in 660 Posts
Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future

Jacey, all I know is what I had to do some 6 years ago when we adopted a dog and brought her back to the Uk.
Rabies jab followed by a blood test. Must be done by a recognised official laboratory.
If blood test proves successful then 3 months after that blood was taken dog can travel without the need for quarantine.
Once you have the dog tested and have the lab report do not allow the rabies jab to expire as you will have to go through the whole thing again.
I guess without the blood test there is no way you would know if the rabies jab had been successful.
I can't really see a way round it, sorry.
Good luck though and please keep us updated.
By the way, it's not the airline it is international law covering the movement of animals etc.

Last edited by Bramidan; 2nd March 2020 at 20:52..
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bramidan For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (2nd March 2020)

Tags
pegasus , pets , plane