FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Property Forum > Rental Properties

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2007, 20:33   #1 (permalink)

cancun is on a distinguished road
tapu or not tapu!!!that is the question!

hello everyone its been a while since i've been online and thus keeping a wee eye on altinkum. it has changed and has grown more beautiful than ever! Anyway 'ive had another baby since this time 11weeks early so she was poorly to begin with. She was born weighing in a 2lbs 10ozs.. but now she is 4months old and is 7lb13ozs...anyway enough of my boasting about my lovely family i've a question to ask?
Is it reasonable that after 2 years of owning a property that i should be still waiting on the tapu..please reply as this is beginning to worry me slightly..as we would like to start renting it out
thanks
carol
cancun is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 18th October 2007, 20:57   #2 (permalink)

Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold
Re: tapu or not tapu!!!that is the question!

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl.

I think 2 years is a long time, I would get onto my emlak/builder and ask them why it has taken so long. I do know of others that have waited a long time but 2 years!

TAPU Update
Gail is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 22:33   #3 (permalink)
I am not old but wise

friar tuck will become famous soon enough friar tuck will become famous soon enough

Congratulations cancun hope you and baby are both doing well, you did not say what type of property it is but 2 years does seem a long time, although I do know of people in an apartment complex who have had to wait because one person was in dispute with the builder there were 2 other Tapus " held up " for no apparent reason. Hope all turns out well for your property and you family good luck.
Old 19th October 2007, 02:40   #4 (permalink)

scattea will become famous soon enough scattea will become famous soon enough

Please can anyone offer any advise as to if I can get my Tapu myself, I have been waiting over two years and the agent is a waste of space. I know of several people in the Antalya area who are in the same position with this agent.
He has informed me it's at the Tapu office but he never turns up to any pre arranged meetings to go and collect it.
I bought the house second hand so the seller has received his money and moved on, as far as i'm told the seller gave POA to another gentleman who has now also moved on and I originally gave POA to my agent.
I have heard that I can give my agent written notice of my intent to stop using his so called services and then I can act for my self but I cant see this helping because I dont know how to contact the seller who has the selling POA.
scattea is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 07:51   #5 (permalink)
aka Kym Ciftci

Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of

Cancan - If I were you I would re apply. New applications are taking approximately 4 months and there is a good chance your original one may have been lost. If your property is in our area, I can help. PM me and let me know.

Scattea, that does not sound good at all. Do you have the number for the TAPU search? or any documents relating to it at all? If you cant contact the seller or his appointed POA then it is not possible for you to get the TAPU into your name. If I were you I would get on a plane and march your agent to the TAPU office!

Editor of 'On The Ege' magazine. Associated with Didim Beach Homes & Rentacar Didim
Ms Who is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 08:24   #6 (permalink)

Andywebb has a spectacular aura about Andywebb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattea
Please can anyone offer any advise as to if I can get my Tapu myself, I have been waiting over two years and the agent is a waste of space. I know of several people in the Antalya area who are in the same position with this agent.
He has informed me it's at the Tapu office but he never turns up to any pre arranged meetings to go and collect it.
I bought the house second hand so the seller has received his money and moved on, as far as i'm told the seller gave POA to another gentleman who has now also moved on and I originally gave POA to my agent.
I have heard that I can give my agent written notice of my intent to stop using his so called services and then I can act for my self but I cant see this helping because I dont know how to contact the seller who has the selling POA.
You should send a PM to JohnF on this forum he maybe able to help as that is his area of work, he maybe able to give you a second opinion and point you in the right direction.

Andy
Andywebb is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 08:58   #7 (permalink)
AJT

AJT is on a distinguished road

Hi

Have you got a lawyer ?

We were in as similar situation in Antalya - ask your agent for the apllication number of when the tapu was first applied for then get lawyer to check.

We were going to do this ourselves but the lawyer knows the tapu office and i'm sure we would have been given the runaround.

Good luck
AJT is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 12:04   #8 (permalink)
biggles

biggles is a splendid one to behold biggles is a splendid one to behold biggles is a splendid one to behold biggles is a splendid one to behold biggles is a splendid one to behold biggles is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancun
hello everyone its been a while since i've been online and thus keeping a wee eye on altinkum. it has changed and has grown more beautiful than ever! Anyway 'ive had another baby since this time 11weeks early so she was poorly to begin with. She was born weighing in a 2lbs 10ozs.. but now she is 4months old and is 7lb13ozs...anyway enough of my boasting about my lovely family i've a question to ask?
Is it reasonable that after 2 years of owning a property that i should be still waiting on the tapu..please reply as this is beginning to worry me slightly..as we would like to start renting it out
thanks
carol
we got our tapu when we paid our final payment on the finished build,and we gave poa to our turkish lawyer.i would not give poa to anyone but a lawyer.
biggles is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 00:26   #9 (permalink)

cancun is on a distinguished road

thanks everyone for your advice.. my other half is going to get on the case now tomorrow and ask where it is? We knew it didn't seem right to wait this long but with so many other tings going on it sort of took a back burner..i will keep yous posted on the out come and more than likely be asking you lot more questions and advice in the future!! (scared now as this is a lot of money to watch go down the swany if this is the case)
thanks again everyone
carol
cancun is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 13:02   #10 (permalink)
iloveturkey

iloveturkey is on a distinguished road

I myself are having problem with recieving the tapu and also the builder not wanting to put the correct buying price on the deeds what should i do ?
iloveturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
question , tapu , taputhat