CollegeGal2010

Hi Everyone, I Am A College Student From The US and I Have Some Questions About Turke
Hi Everyone!

My name is CJ and I'm doing a research paper for school about how well Hershey's Chocolate Syrup would sell in Turkey. Before Monday, I am supposed to interview Turkish people and ask them some questions..

Everyone seems really friendly here, so I was hoping that you would help me out!

Any answers to the following questions would help me so much.. No one else from Turkey that I have tried to contact has responded.. if I don't get a few interviews, my grade will be really low :-(

Thank you..

Here are the questions:
  1. What is the most common brand of chocolate consumed in Turkey?

[*]Do you use the product Hershey’s chocolate syrup regularly?

[*]How do you use it? ie: Chocolate milk, ice cream, cake ect?

[*]How is Hershey’s chocolate syrup perceived in Turkey? Do people see it as yummy and tasty? Or fattening and try to avoid it?

[*]What is Hershey’s chocolates’ direct competitor in Turkey?

[*]Who would you say is the targeted market for Hershey’s syrup?

[*]Does religion or customs affect the way Turkish people consumer Hershey’s?

[*]What is Turkey’s attitude towards foreign products?

Feel free to add any other insight you may have. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! Any answers will be a tremendous help.

amanda b

Hi Everyone, I Am A College Student From The US and I Have Some Questions About Turke
1. Id probably say Ulkerler
2. Never
3. If I could find it here I would put a little in my homemade Baileys
4. I think they would see it as yummy and tasty - they like anything sweet
5. Probably Ulkerler again
6. Families in the large westernised cities
7. No
8. They love Cadbury's chocolate as presents, not sure they would actually buy it though

Good Luck!

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
1. Ülker and Sağra
2. Never
3. Don't use it
4. If they tried it they'd probably enjoy it, so might I?
5. Ülker
6. Foreigners in Turkey.
7. True Muslums would check it out for inclusion of bi-products from pigs.
8. Turkey is pretty self sufficient in chocolate production. I've been to both the factories in Ordu on the Black Sea Coast and the range available is really extensive. Foreign imports would probably be sold at at high prices, making too much of a luxury purchase fot the average Turk, as well as for those of us foreigners that live and work here full time.

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
My own answers reflect the same as wrote on here already..

1. Ulker, Eti and Solen.
2. Never but have had Hershey's chocolate and didn't really like it, therefore would probably be reluctant to try the syrup.
3. Wouldn't use it for anything.
4. I think they would like it. Nesquick chocolate syrup is freely available here and popular.
5. Yep, Ulker again!
6. Foreigners living in Turkey and affluent Turkish families living in the cities that see Western produce as a novelty.
7. See my answer above, it will only be those who are affluent enough to afford it. It will be taxed far to highly for it to be an everyday essential. Most families will stick to more affordable, home produced brands. Like Nesquick!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom