FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Side Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2017, 09:47   #1 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,640 Times in 1,383 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute
Permanent Loving Home Needed

This little man will be in need of a loving 'Forever Home' an another week's time

He was brought into me by a young Dutch couple last Wednesday in a very pitiful state. His left eye was totally destroyed and virtually out of its socket and the other was stuck tightly closed with gunk.

Off to the Vet's we went.

Operation to remove the left eye........... 200T.L.
Antibiotics & treatment on the 2nd eye along with a 10day stay 250T.L.

He was left with the vet to have his eye removed the following day and other treatments started immediately

We reckon he's about 5, maybe 6 weeks old and the young Dutch couple returned to their hotel but in no time at all, arrived back at my office with the 450T.L. for the vet's charges. Other guests at the hotel had contributed towards giving this little guy a better chance of a healthy future.
Before this couple flew home, they came again to give me 50 that that the young girl's Mum had asked them to pass on from herself, to cover the cost of sterilising this little man in 4 months time. That'll be Valentines Day!!

Now, here's the real problem.
We need a stable, loving,permanent home for this kitten.
Maybe your heart is big enough to take him on board as I'm not willing to put him back on the street. He will not have full vision in his left eye and of course, the other one has gone.

I took these pictures this morning and already, he's looking a lot better than the poor scrappy little thing that he was just 3 days ago. He's got a little weight on him, his coat is getting a bit of a shine to it and he was quite verbal too! In time, the hair will grow back around the left side of his face and, as you can see, his right eye is already open. Nothing like the crusty, weepy mess it was.

So, if you're willing? Maybe you have other cats that would take him under their wing, maybe you've thought to take another cat if you've lost an older one in recent months?

Please PM me or even, pop in the office here if you're passing. I'll willingly take time out to take you down to the vet's if you wish to take a look at him.

Many thanks, Ann.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_6172.jpg (56.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6173.jpg (98.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6174.jpg (86.1 KB, 41 views)
A89 (15th October 2017), Akasya (15th October 2017), angelaturkey (15th October 2017), Harem (14th October 2017), jakebeak (14th October 2017), JanetClarke (19th October 2017), Jaycey (14th October 2017), Maisie (25th October 2017), shash (14th October 2017), SonnyJim (14th October 2017), willip (20th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 12:33   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 8,552 Times in 3,078 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permanent Loving Home Needed

Oh, I wish I hadn't read that - I won't sleep tonight. Praying that someone will give the little darling a good permanent home. You have done the best for him, bless you.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th October 2017), Freedom 49 (16th October 2017)
Old 18th October 2017, 09:29   #3 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Words Sorting Champion!

Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the impossible, we can do today but miracles always take a little longer.

The good news is that our little kitten is very perky, eating, drinking, pooing and peeing quite normally and loves nothing more than when you pick him up for a cuddle. He's doing really well after his various operations and aftercare.

The bad news is that his other eye has had to be removed, leaving him totally blind. Having known many unsighted people and some animals, mainly dogs that have been left without sight for one reason and another, I see no reason why this little fellah shouldn't have a bite of the cherry and enjoy many years of good living with caring people.

My daughter arrived in Turkey many years ago, having driven across from Britain with her then totally blind terrier.
That little dog had been blinded in one eye and had the other one damaged back in Britain by a child that aimed a laser pen at her. She was then dumped by the family when they moved house and found my daughter when she wandered into her garden.
She loved nothing better than to be out in the fields for a walk, retrieving sticks, tail wagging, going out in the car and even accompanying my daughter up and down the country when she was an HGV driver. They were inseperable.
In time, the sight in the other eye was lost, leaving her totally blind.
She still chased sticks, they had to be heavier as she would stand still and listen as to where they fell, find them and very proudly return them to do it all again.
Blind she may have been but, so much love to give and fabulous to have around. She lived to a good old age and had contributed so much.

This little kitten equally has so much to offer to a caring owner. If you could be that person, please PM me or pop by the office here.
The little lad can go to a Permanent Loving Home this Friday/Saturday.
Vet expenses are paid and I have 50 to cover sterilisation in 4 months time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_6177.jpg (86.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6178.jpg (91.4 KB, 13 views)
Akasya (18th October 2017), angelaturkey (18th October 2017), jakebeak (18th October 2017), JanetClarke (19th October 2017), kale (20th October 2017), Maisie (25th October 2017), shash (18th October 2017)
Old 18th October 2017, 11:55   #4 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold

Hi there

I would love to be in a position to take this kitten but with three dogs and a cat of our own we are unfortunately unable to. However, your story regarding your daughter's dog rang a bell with me. We actually met your daughter when we were travelling across Europe to Turkey. She had driven from the UK with her dog and we met them on a ferry we were travelling to Turkey on. Her dog was fantastic and I will always remember her walking her on the deck and getting her to walk up the staircases. I knew she was heading for Side. Anyway, please remember us to her. We were the couple from Manchester. This was around 2006/2007.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jakebeak For This Useful Post:
Freedom 49 (19th October 2017)
Old 19th October 2017, 07:42   #5 (permalink)

Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear what a worry. It may be more tricky with a totally blind cat as they tend to wander outside. I hate to mention it but if you can't find the perfect home would you consider having her put down ? I know you have invested much time & kindness on her behalf, for which I give you lots of hugs. Hilary x
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (19th October 2017), Freedom 49 (19th October 2017), Jaycey (19th October 2017)
Old 19th October 2017, 07:52   #6 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Words Sorting Champion!

Well, small world jakebeak. I'll be seeing my daughter later today for lunch so we'll catch up on that ferry crossing. I e.mailed her yesterday to say that you'd posted on here and remembered her 'fantastic' little dog.
She'll be thrilled about that description, she has 3 large dogs now, along with 5 cats, all rescue beasties and as much as she and her 2 children love them all, little Doofy will always be tops. That little terrier really was so special.
angelaturkey (19th October 2017)
Old 19th October 2017, 08:10   #7 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Permanent Loving Home Needed

Yes do send her our regards. We have three rescue dogs ourselves. One came from the local shelter, one followed me home one day from the shop and the other one was dumped on our doorstep by an unknown person. I'm glad to hear she has more dogs as well as cats and children! Her blind dog was very special and we could see they were totally devoted to each other. The very best of luck with rehoming the kitten. I'm sure there is someone out there who can help.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jakebeak For This Useful Post:
Freedom 49 (20th October 2017)
Old 19th October 2017, 17:09   #8 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Words Sorting Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilsjw View Post
Oh dear what a worry. It may be more tricky with a totally blind cat as they tend to wander outside. I hate to mention it but if you can't find the perfect home would you consider having her put down ? I know you have invested much time & kindness on her behalf, for which I give you lots of hugs. Hilary x
We'll do our very best to home the kitten. I don't think the Dutch couple that brought him in would forgive me if I gave up on him now.

Just to give you some idea of some of the things we've been through with these cats, I've attached a few more pic's. Bearing in mind that at heart, I'm really a 'dog' person, I'm also one of those people that feels that anything with a pulse should be given a chance.

I call the 2nd cat Lynxy because he just reminds me of a lynx, the only expense we've had with him has been sterilisation and he comes, along with several others, for breakfast and dinner.
The 1st & 3rd pic's are of 'My Handsome Boy' because he's been a lovely looking cat from being a baby. He's about 4yrs old now but you can see, I had his back leg removed after it was mashed when a car hit him. We had to sell many, many books to cover that one but it was well worth it because he's settled back into life on the street, coming for breakfast and evening meal here at the office and as you can see, he's quite happy to come and take a break insde the office (4th. pic) at times. He talks to me, really sweet.

The other old devil, the red one, I call 'Shashy' because he's cross eyed. He's a real old street fighter but since we sorted out his mouth by removing bad teeth and healing his awful gums, cured his ear infections and then virtually had his head stitched back to the rest of him after he turned up here one morning with his neck in bits, he's completely forgotten that he's a street-cat.
As you can see, he's making himself ever so comfortable on one of our office chairs but, he would much prefer to be on someone's knee. He's not fussy, anyone's knee will do! He loves people, unfortunately, he's not too good with other cats. He goes out at night when we're closing up but he's back every morning for breakfast and as long as I give him his food first, I can then sort out all the others.

I've got endless pictures of the cats that come here so it's a good job that I'm limited to 4 on TLF.

Fingers crossed, we find a home for the kitten. That special person will be out there somewhere, watch this space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_5771.jpg (58.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5765.jpg (46.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5776.jpg (54.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6180.jpg (57.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Freedom 49; 19th October 2017 at 17:13..
Freedom 49 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freedom 49 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (19th October 2017), shash (19th October 2017)
Old 19th October 2017, 18:45   #9 (permalink)
shash

shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all

Pleased to hear a cat has my nick name (Shashy) love the description to. You're doing great things for these animals and I give you a big thank you. Do you get any charitable help or any donations? I do hope so. Animals need people like you.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shash For This Useful Post:
Freedom 49 (20th October 2017), Hilsjw (20th October 2017)
Old 20th October 2017, 06:20   #10 (permalink)

Lovely pics of your lucky cats. The ginger & white one looks very much like our rescue ferel cat Iris. Good luck with re homing little "Smoky" he deserves the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Freedom 49 (20th October 2017)

Tags
home , loving , needed , permanent