Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 16th January 2015, 12:02   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,005 Posts
HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute HelenSnowball has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Autostopcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Helen Snowball what kind of mind do you have?
Ooops Trying to look meek - sorry xx
HelenSnowball is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 15:34   #12 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,153 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
I will never know what the question was! But glad it was answered.
Ian
It was all to do with the likes of using a watering sprinklers in the garden.
(Constant flow)

Although I think I would question of being able to use a 200 mtr cable even on 2 batteries, so possibly because of the volt drop a external power supply adaptor might be required, although 200 mtr is a heck of a long run to get from A to B where it might be being used.
Or was that a typo and should have read 20 mtr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Helen Snowball what kind of mind do you have?
That could be a bit of a sticky question or else give you a Buzz finding out the reply.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:08   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,303 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

The 200m was an answer from the Company in response to the specific question. The standard is a PP6 (9V) and extended runs require two of them. The box has space and wiring for both.
The answer was qualified: there must not be any external power running alongside the cable (e.g. another powered cable) which might confuse the sensor.
As you say, to bring the cable from outside the house to inside is not going to need anything like 200m, so it may never be tested.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:55   #14 (permalink)
Just passing through

I know it's not really that relevant but because the unit has a 'OFF' facility, then when installed on the mains cold water inlet pipe, the existing on/off stop cock should be left in place (or replaced with one that works) just in case the pressure of the water needs to be lowered/regulated.

Obviously that would be a individual thing, but for instance my water pressure is so great that the mains stop cock is only open about a quarter of a turn, any more and the water flow/pressure into any of the sinks/bowls is just far too much.
(As experienced I think from the original concept which was just a straight forward on/off switch design that I was involved with back in the late 1990s)
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
immac (17th January 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:17   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Showcased at this at Trade Fair this week. First sale in Turkey made at the fair - and the items are in transit and should arrive next week.

Good response, with a small anecdotal observation: explaining it to Turkish men was a waste of time - hardly any interest, along the lines "why would I need it?"; Turkish women on the other hand got it immediately and were very enthusiastic. British women got it immediately too, but again the men said "I just turn it off at the main valve." When asked if they had turned it off that morning before they left the house, or at night before going to bed, they were a little deflated, but still unconvinced. Not quite sure if this should dictate sales strategy, but we did discuss why women understand the risk to the home and men were more sceptical.

Ian

Last edited by immac; 22nd March 2015 at 08:25..
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:21   #16 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 17,889 Times in 7,683 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Talking to a few around Yalikavak who have had bursts during last months frosts, mainly residents though. There may well be more bursts at homes where people haven't visited yet.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
immac (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015, 13:35   #17 (permalink)
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Showcased at this at Trade Fair this week. First sale in Turkey made at the fair - and the items are in transit and should arrive next week.

Good response, with a small anecdotal observation: explaining it to Turkish men was a waste of time - hardly any interest, along the lines "why would I need it?"; Turkish women on the other hand got it immediately and were very enthusiastic. British women got it immediately too, but again the men said "I just turn it off at the main valve." When asked if they had turned it off that morning before they left the house, or at night before going to bed, they were a little deflated, but still unconvinced. Not quite sure if this should dictate sales strategy, but we did discuss why women understand the risk to the home and men were more sceptical.

Ian
Could that also have anything to do with the fact that most of the clearing up is usually left to the women!

Edit:
Oops pressed the wrong button.

Question, would you consider posting to Bulgaria?
Only no point mentioning it on the BG forum if it's going to be a no no.

Old 15th August 2015, 01:14   #18 (permalink)
Just passing through

I would like to say that I opened the thread again by mistake, but that's not true, as I'm basically just bumping this up because it is such a good idea that everyone should have the opportunity of reading it, because most people will not click on adverts on the side, but might just read the title and take a look.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:59   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Connections, the company which includes Autostopcock and Ecosense, is now the Agent in SW Turkey for Evans Waterless Engine Coolant:

"A unique range of waterless coolants suitable for internal combustion engines. Evans coolants are proven to overcome the problems and limitations associated with water-based antifreeze."

Evans Cooling Home

click the red bar if the youtube link fails

Ian
Old 21st January 2016, 12:23   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 11,699 Times in 4,661 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, I thought this was a thread on vasectomies.
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
autostopcock