immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
THE INTELLIGENT AUTOMATIC STOPCOCK

• GUARDS AGAINST FLOOD DAMAGE 24/7
  • MONITORS WATER FLOW AND TERMINATES MAINS WATER SUPPLY IF UNUSUAL CONTINUAL FLOW OF WATER OCCURS, SUCH AS BURST PIPE.
  • TERMINATES WATER IF NO FLOW FOR PRE-SET TIME PERIOD, SUCH AS VACANT PROPERTY.
  • MONITORS AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE AND TERMINATES WATER SUPPLY IF TEMPERATURE FALLS BELOW 3 DEGREES CENTIGRADE.
  • MANUAL WATER SWITCH SITUATED INSIDE IN A CONVENIENT POSITION TO ALLOW MANUAL ON/OFF CONTROL OF THE MAIN SUPPLY.
  • OVER-RIDE SWITCH ENABLES CONTINUOUS SUPPLY FOR TASKS SUCH AS WATERING THE GARDEN.
  • DESIGNED AND MADE IN UK, WITH WRAS AND BSI APPROVED VALVES
  • 10 YEAR GUARANTEE

The Autostopcock was conceived in 1993 by William Visser, an electrical engineer; the first product was marketted under the name of “TapOff”. Later the TapOff was re-engineered to provide an “intelligent water switch” with upgraded features.

Specification

Autostopcock is available in 15mm & 22mm units. Turkish pipework is usually 22mm. The internal control box is the same size as a double electric plug socket and can be either surface mounted or recessed.
The internal box contains the batteries that control the Autostopcock valve – they are linked by cable. There is no electrical installation required and can be fitted by a DIY enthusiast of plumber in one hour (we supply written instructions in Turkish).
Everything required (except the battery) is included in the kit.

Main Elements

Main Remote Switch: can be located away from the mains water valve and is connected by a 4-core cable. It contains the brain of the unit and has an LCD display showing the status of the valve (on/off/override) and a temperature gauge which will turn to off at 3 degrees centigrade. The unit is battery operated and has an alarm to alert to low battery power. Long cable runs (up to 200m) will require two batteries; battery life is aprox 3 years.

Mains Water Valve: Autostopcock is fitted with a high quality WRAS approved valve made by ASCO-numatics in UK. Available in either 22mm or 15mm it is fitted with compression fittings. Every 48 hours the valve self-tests which also serves to clean the mechanism and avoid sticking.

Flow Sensor: the WRAS approved flow sensor is coupled with the water valve, which in turn allows the switch to measure the time of water flow. If the water flow exceeds 45 minutes (variable) it detects a burst pipe and the switch will turn the mains water off. Also, if there is no flow for 72hours (variable) it decides the property is unoccupied and switches the main supply off.

The variable times are factory settings at the point of order.

Insurance companies, including AXA, Zurich and Bluefin offer discounts for properties with Autostopcock fitted. We are talking to Turkish insurance companies at this time.
Homeowners renting their properties may be able to claim the cost of installation against their tax allowance.

Connections is our Fethiye based company which now has the rights granted by Autostopcock in UK to supply its products in Turkey. We are the only supplier in Turkey.

Prices: 15mm £155 + KDV; 22mm £200 + KDV (priced in pounds because we buy, transport and pay duty based on pound, but we sell in Turkey and pay KDV (VAT) in Turkey.

Product Video: Welcome to the Video of the Remote stopcock - AutoStopcock - The Automatic Water Switch

Autostopcock UK Homepage: AutoStopcock - Detect, Prevent and Protect against Water Leaks and Floods

Contact for questions, sales & installations (English & Turkish): Ümit Kasım 0535 451 3123

oldfogy

Just passing through
Autostopcock
Another good sounding unit, and yes, I do like the idea but one question.

EDIT:
Question removed because it had already been explained on the video, guess I should have watched the video first.

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
Another good sounding unit, and yes, I do like the idea but one question.

EDIT:
Question removed because it had already been explained on the video, guess I should have watched the video first.

I will never know what the question was! But glad it was answered.

First batch to arrive in Turkey will be programed to switch off after 20 minutes of suspicious flow. This can be varied by buyer at time of purchase if they want more or less time.

We have been extremely impressed with the Autostopcock Head Office and their support to this new venture bringing their product into Turkey.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
You might think so, but one product I was keen on was unceremoniously rubbished by my business partner - yes, it still hurts!
I wanted to introduce rental of bee hives to customers, so they can look after a hive under supervision of a local beekeeper and harvest the honey at season end - he didn´t quite tell me what I could do with that idea, but it was implied.

We are looking for products on a conservation/safety theme, especially tried and tested equipment that will fill a niche in the Turkish market.

Ian

Last edited:

bigalant

Autostopcock
I am loving these wifi switches .

I shall bring a few over in feb for light control as well as a cam for surveilenace.
The iPhone app is so easy .
If am sure I can get the continental power socket ones.
Great idea about the beehives .your partner has no vision .
Cheers

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Autostopcock
Awful burocracy is holding things back. We are currently trying to set up a medium scale one on our smallholding. At the 1st stage of the process (this is still a project that officially does not need a licence) our lawyer was told that there were 60 similar projects on her desk waiting for approval from the next layer of the onion.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Autostopcock
I will never know what the question was! But glad it was answered.
Ian
It was all to do with the likes of using a watering sprinklers in the garden.
(Constant flow)

Although I think I would question of being able to use a 200 mtr cable even on 2 batteries, so possibly because of the volt drop a external power supply adaptor might be required, although 200 mtr is a heck of a long run to get from A to B where it might be being used.
Or was that a typo and should have read 20 mtr?

Helen Snowball what kind of mind do you have?
That could be a bit of a sticky question or else give you a Buzz finding out the reply. :becky:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
The 200m was an answer from the Company in response to the specific question. The standard is a PP6 (9V) and extended runs require two of them. The box has space and wiring for both.
The answer was qualified: there must not be any external power running alongside the cable (e.g. another powered cable) which might confuse the sensor.
As you say, to bring the cable from outside the house to inside is not going to need anything like 200m, so it may never be tested.

Ian

oldfogy

Just passing through
Autostopcock
I know it's not really that relevant but because the unit has a 'OFF' facility, then when installed on the mains cold water inlet pipe, the existing on/off stop cock should be left in place (or replaced with one that works) just in case the pressure of the water needs to be lowered/regulated.

Obviously that would be a individual thing, but for instance my water pressure is so great that the mains stop cock is only open about a quarter of a turn, any more and the water flow/pressure into any of the sinks/bowls is just far too much.
(As experienced I think from the original concept which was just a straight forward on/off switch design that I was involved with back in the late 1990s)

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
Showcased at this at Trade Fair this week. First sale in Turkey made at the fair - and the items are in transit and should arrive next week.

Good response, with a small anecdotal observation: explaining it to Turkish men was a waste of time - hardly any interest, along the lines "why would I need it?"; Turkish women on the other hand got it immediately and were very enthusiastic. British women got it immediately too, but again the men said "I just turn it off at the main valve." When asked if they had turned it off that morning before they left the house, or at night before going to bed, they were a little deflated, but still unconvinced. Not quite sure if this should dictate sales strategy, but we did discuss why women understand the risk to the home and men were more sceptical.

Ian

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Autostopcock
Talking to a few around Yalikavak who have had bursts during last months frosts, mainly residents though. There may well be more bursts at homes where people haven't visited yet.

Martin

oldfogy

Just passing through
Autostopcock
Showcased at this at Trade Fair this week. First sale in Turkey made at the fair - and the items are in transit and should arrive next week.

Good response, with a small anecdotal observation: explaining it to Turkish men was a waste of time - hardly any interest, along the lines "why would I need it?"; Turkish women on the other hand got it immediately and were very enthusiastic. British women got it immediately too, but again the men said "I just turn it off at the main valve." When asked if they had turned it off that morning before they left the house, or at night before going to bed, they were a little deflated, but still unconvinced. Not quite sure if this should dictate sales strategy, but we did discuss why women understand the risk to the home and men were more sceptical.

Ian
Could that also have anything to do with the fact that most of the clearing up is usually left to the women!

Edit:
Oops pressed the wrong button.

Question, would you consider posting to Bulgaria?
Only no point mentioning it on the BG forum if it's going to be a no no.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Autostopcock
I would like to say that I opened the thread again by mistake, but that's not true, as I'm basically just bumping this up because it is such a good idea that everyone should have the opportunity of reading it, because most people will not click on adverts on the side, but might just read the title and take a look.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Autostopcock
Connections, the company which includes Autostopcock and Ecosense, is now the Agent in SW Turkey for Evans Waterless Engine Coolant:

"A unique range of waterless coolants suitable for internal combustion engines. Evans coolants are proven to overcome the problems and limitations associated with water-based antifreeze."

Evans Cooling » Home

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PykrgzWPQ"]Waterless Engine Coolant - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube[/ame]
click the red bar if the youtube link fails

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom