ChrisBobs

Turgutreis Animal Benefit - Sunday 14 June
Please spread the news and come along to see real progress in looking after street animals. Meet the dedicated volunteers of the area- maybe you can help them out?

Turgutreis Animal Benefit
BRING THE FAMILY FOR A FUN AFTERNOON!
-Pony rides
- Puppy Playpen
-Face painting
-Raffles, games and refreshments
-Tips on dog psychology and training (eg Why does my dog Bark??!)

DATE: SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2009

PLACE: TURGUTREİS ANIMAL SHELTER, ISLAMHANELERİ
(Near Country Ranch. Coming from Bodrum to Turgutreis turn left after the new Shell station)
From Turgutreis - around the big hill from the School,

Service buses from Turgutreis Migros starting at 3pm

TIME: 3:00-7:00 PM
All proceeds go directly to helping homeless dogs and cats.
For info. Call 0252-3822587 or 0535-3330748

Hi Chris
my name is Angie i do vountry work for the Blue Cross in England they are a rescue center for cats and Dogs,me and my husband are moving to turkey next may we will be living in MAHMUTLAR in alanya and would be interested in finding out the nearest to us a
any info would be nice. Good luck for today hope you get lots of money for your center,regards ANG and MARK

nanamo

What a fantastic event - I hope you raise lots of cash for this much needed cause. We would like to donate a tenner, how do we go about it from the UK. Good luck for a sucessful day not only is raising funds but also in finding lots of loving new homes. Molly and Steve.

ChrisBobs

Thanks Angela & Mark, and Molly and Steve.
but I cannot take any credit at all as posted the message to help them out with getting the word out, but as it turned out - was unable to get there myself. Reports are they were happy with the number of people and interest there, hopefully someone from Turgutreis here on TLF went and can tell us more?
As every Municipality are supposed to have a shelter there is great scope for volunteers, Alanya people may be able to help you with that area.
Donations - dont know how you can manage it from UK, but when you are out is ok!

dngood

The event was a great success, with over 1,000TL raised and a visit from a local news agency, and the mayor, who promised his ongoing support.

Awareness of the shelter and it's profile was undoubtedly raised, and much information was given regarding their capture, neuter and return programme.

I'm sure the team who organised the event will plan further fund-raisers in the near future, which I'm sure will be posted here (thanks Chris for posting this one).

Congratulations to the team who organised it, and I know they'd like me to pass on their thanks to all who came along and donated money.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom