Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th April 2017, 11:03   #1 (permalink)

Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light
Wanted apartment to rent

Anyone got a 1 or 2 bedrooms apartment to rent for six weeks end of May or beginning of June?Would like to be near seafront if possible. Just me and my wife.
Mig62 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 5th April 2017, 12:19   #2 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,273 Times in 680 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of
Re: Wanted apartment to rent

An English lady called Ann works at Kale Emlak here in Side and she has several apartments here for rent. Or phone her Turkish partner Cengis on 0090-537-4629-106 In case you don't know - Side is a 50 minute drive from Antalya airport and has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - lots of Roman ruins, including the Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love - loads of bars, shops and restaurants - small bed and breakfast places like The Beach House Hotel in the heart of Old Town Side yet on a quiet street with its own private beach area - or big all inclusive 5 star hotels on the beach and within a half-hour walk of the town, like Sentido Perissia, Barut Arum, Barut Hemera or Crystal Sunrise Queen. I have been all over Turkey and like Side the best.
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
Freedom 49 (6th April 2017)
Old 5th April 2017, 14:56   #3 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 5,846 Times in 2,702 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Are things still priced in Euros in Side? It really put me off the last time I was there.
Old 5th April 2017, 15:03   #4 (permalink)

angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of

Prices in Side are either in Euros or TL - or sometimes both - but never in UK Pounds ... best to bring UK cash with you and change at the PTT Post Office in Old Town Side.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:01   #5 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,350 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Are things still priced in Euros in Side? It really put me off the last time I was there.
I find that a very interesting comment as I've lived here almost 21 years and wherever I've been in Turkey never have I known Turkish Lira be refused.

Before the Euro, things were very entertaining.
I had a restaurant in Kuşadası then, situated on one of the main Friday & Wednesday market streets.The market area has now been moved but, back in the day we'd be really busy from about 8am throughout the day and well into late evening.
My waiters would be bringing the bills in for payment, at the same time shouting, Deuchmarks Ann Ablam, Isveç Franc Ann ablam, Pound Sterling, Dollar, Krona, etc. etc. It was an absolute nightmare sometimes. At the end of the day the lads would tally up their tip-box and produce all these foreign currencies, having already worked out the value so that I exchanged them for Turkish Lira.

So much easier for traders here since the introduction of the Euro but I've been in the Emlak business now almost 12 years and we accept Turkish Lira, Pound Sterling, Euro or USA Dollars without question.

If owners ask for rental fees to be paid in Non Turkish Currency, they accept that Turkish Long-Term tenants, or Turkish holidaymakers may well pay in Turkish Lira.
If the cash has to go into a bank account, then the owners accept the charges that come with changing that cash, so that it can be paid into a Foreign Currency Account.

The system works and, at the end of the day, money is money and after all these years, the only thing that's NOT been offered to me as payment??
Grandma's Gold Teeth!!

Last edited by Freedom 49; 6th April 2017 at 08:03.. Reason: typo
Freedom 49 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freedom 49 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (6th April 2017), evo80 (6th April 2017)
Old 6th April 2017, 08:23   #6 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 5,846 Times in 2,702 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I did not mean that TL would be refused, I am just angered that I am given a price in a currency that has no meaning to me, nor a direct connection to the country. Turkey is not in the EU. In my opinion, the pricing in Euros allows swifter price increases as 1/2 or 1 Euro increase is a lot more that 1TL. When I first went to Side 30 years ago, everything was marked in Deutchmarks.In an award winning restaurant I am currently paying 10TL for Tavuk şiş, I suspect it will be more than 2.5 Euros in Side.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:09   #7 (permalink)

Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaturkey View Post
An English lady called Ann works at Kale Emlak here in Side and she has several apartments here for rent. Or phone her Turkish partner Cengis on 0090-537-4629-106 In case you don't know - Side is a 50 minute drive from Antalya airport and has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - lots of Roman ruins, including the Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love - loads of bars, shops and restaurants - small bed and breakfast places like The Beach House Hotel in the heart of Old Town Side yet on a quiet street with its own private beach area - or big all inclusive 5 star hotels on the beach and within a half-hour walk of the town, like Sentido Perissia, Barut Arum, Barut Hemera or Crystal Sunrise Queen. I have been all over Turkey and like Side the best.
Thanks for that but I need to go to Altinkum.
Mig62 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 09:23   #8 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,350 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
I did not mean that TL would be refused, I am just angered that I am given a price in a currency that has no meaning to me, nor a direct connection to the country. Turkey is not in the EU. In my opinion, the pricing in Euros allows swifter price increases as 1/2 or 1 Euro increase is a lot more that 1TL. When I first went to Side 30 years ago, everything was marked in Deutchmarks.In an award winning restaurant I am currently paying 10TL for Tavuk şiş, I suspect it will be more than 2.5 Euros in Side.

Let's not be too quick to 'suspect' regarding Side pricing.

We have numerous restaurants here and I have a few menus here in the office that we use for lunchtime 'Paket-Servis' sometimes.

Belize, (being refurbished)...........Tavuk Şiş......................10T.L.
Side Kebap Salonu......................Tavuk Şiş with Ayran.......11T.L.
Küçükoğlu Pide & Kebap...............Tavuk Şiş......................12T.L.

Bearing in mind that these 3 places are very much geared towards are Foreign visitors as well as being well supported by the local Turkish residents and holidaymakers, their prices come over as very fair.

All Şiş are sent out with a good mixed salad and bread.

If you are around the streets behind the banks in Side, you'll find your Şiş at less than 10T.L. and Döner Wrap Kebabs for as little as 5T.L.

Side's very good for food but, having said that....anywhere in Turkey has good food. Fresh, healthy, and economical. If it's a special occasion to be celebrated, there are always higher priced restaurants to choose from where the sea or mountain views are fabulous, the wines are expensive and the quality of the food is equally good.

Personal choice but the €2.5 Tavuk Şiş is available here. No worries!!
IbrahimAbi (6th April 2017)
Old 11th April 2018, 19:34   #9 (permalink)

driver52 is on a distinguished road

What's the price inflation looking like for Tavuk Şiş this year?
driver52 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 06:09   #10 (permalink)

From 35 US Dollars per day = £24.69 per day, look here ... https://www.flipkey.com/book/altinku...derby.default/ - and also here, from £14 per night - https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/al...budget_min.10/ Happy hunting! x Angela in Side x
The Following User Says Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (12th April 2018)

Tags
apartment , rent , wanted