fazzahir

Using a 2nd passport to apply for residency
Hello - has anyone ever applied for a residency visa using a 2nd UK passport?
That is to say, travel in on Passport 1, apply for the residency using Passport 2 that would not have an entry stamp on it, leave Turkey on Passport 1 while the residency is being processed.

lippy

Re: using a 2nd passport to apply for residency

Why would you want to do that.When we got our residency it was done and dusted in just short of two hours and it was ready to collect 4 weeks later and didn't need to leave our passport as it was copied.

fazzahir

Re: using a 2nd passport to apply for residency

thank you - that is good news that i don't need a 2nd passport

oldfogy

Just passing through
If I am correct and you need to leave turkey before you have collected your RP and Blue Book, I believe you simply have to let them know and they will issue a piece of paper that is left in your passport when leaving, then collect the RP documents on your return.

The only thing you may have to be careful of if leaving the country is not leaving it to long before returning and collecting the documents.

Clarification from a more knowledgeable person is required to confirm the above.

traveller

I also think you'd have a problem applying for an RP with only the passport without an entry stamp as they require a copy of the photo page and the page showing the last entry stamp. (You would need to produce both passports).

As Oldfogy says if you need to travel you can get a paper from the police where you applied for your RP to allow this.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Hello - has anyone ever applied for a residency visa using a 2nd UK passport?
That is to say, travel in on Passport 1, apply for the residency using Passport 2 that would not have an entry stamp on it, leave Turkey on Passport 1 while the residency is being processed.

Please forgive my ignorance,why have you got 2 UK passports??????,and why would you want to do what you have said in your post..
Trev.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Please forgive my ignorance,why have you got 2 UK passports??????,and why would you want to do what you have said in your post..
Trev.
He's probably got dual nationality, so apart from a passport from his country of origin also has one from the UK, hence 2 passports.
Which also brings the question of in which nationality to apply, because there are different rates depending on the persons nationality.

Although anyone with 2 UK passports will find that one of them has the corner cut off, that is to show that it has been replaced with a newer passport and apart from any visa that may be inside it is now invalid.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Oldfogy,his original post says 2nd UK passport,that tells me he has 2 UK passports,but I agree with you I think he is dual.
Trev.

beyazbayan

Re leaving after applcation for Ä°kamet/RP. Ä°t is not a single piece of paper but several sheets and has your photo on it which is also stamped by one of those embossing machine things. Bit of a faff getting it but it worked well out and in, and in Alanya they insist you take a copy of your tickets in to get the process started.

ValW

It is actually quite common and easy to have two current and valid UK passports. Many business people have them.

Val

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Why would they please?

Maisie

Maisie,
My Brother-in -Law has 2 passports, he visits Israel regularly on business. Unfortunately many Arab/Islamic countries which he also visits in connection with his business, will not accept a passport with an Israeli visa in it, hence he needs 2 passports.

Bill.

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
I don't mean to take this off topic,but I've never ever heard of anyone owning 2 legitimate UK passports.So your telling me I can apply for and get a 2nd UK passport even though I renewed mine in May this year.If it is true it must be the biggest con going,can't believe it myself.
Trev.

I don't mean to take this off topic,but I've never ever heard of anyone owning 2 legitimate UK passports.So your telling me I can apply for and get a 2nd UK passport even though I renewed mine in May this year.If it is true it must be the biggest con going,can't believe it myself.
Trev.

If you have a legitimate business reason for it, just apply as described below:

Discussion - Business Traveller

Latest Posts

Top Bottom