Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 11th March 2015, 09:53   #1 (permalink)

northernlights is on a distinguished road
taking car into turkey

does anyone know who would be the correct turkish authority to ask about entering a certain car into turkey.would in be the foreign office?or any other body.if so what are their email addresses.
thanks
jim
northernlights is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 11th March 2015, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to

Thanked 5,471 Times in 2,090 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute
Re: taking car into turkey

Hi Jim, is that for permanent or temporary admittance?

Pete
Old 11th March 2015, 10:59   #3 (permalink)

temporary
45 days max
northernlights is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 11:11   #4 (permalink)

tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't be a problem just ruck up to the border with all the relevant docs for the vehicle and proof of insurance.

Pete

Last edited by tykatem; 11th March 2015 at 11:14..
tykatem is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 15:26   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,077 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykatem View Post
Shouldn't be a problem just ruck up to the border with all the relevant docs for the vehicle and proof of insurance.

Pete
The only problem I have had in 10 years was when the registration document showed a different name to that on the insurance document/green card. The car was actually registered in my wife's name but I was the policyholder on the insurance certificate. Even tho my wife was with me I had a hell of a job trying to persuade the border police to allow me into Turkey. The police at the various border posts CAN be difficult and rude. Do not react as your wait coulld be long and uncomfortable if you do. Having said that, I have also experienced times when entry has been quick and hassle free.
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 15:38   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykatem View Post

Pete
that is just the problem
i or rather he(my disabled friend)does not have all the relevant documents
it is a motabality car so he doesn,t own it.so he does not have the log book
he says he can get some sort of documents from the motabality people that allows him to take the car abroad.the question is would it be enough for turkish police to allow the car in.
who would be the correct authority in turkey to ask from?
how do i contact them?
i don,t want to drive for three days only to be turned back
Old 11th March 2015, 15:53   #7 (permalink)

I think your friend needs to contact RSA Motability requesting permission to take the car abroad and to find out about insurance etc.
As Widdrington said above, everything needs to be in the name of the person driving to ensure an easy passage through the Turkish border.

Pete
Old 11th March 2015, 17:09   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,148 Times in 389 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Northernlights,

I know someone who is also thinking about the drive to Turkey in a Motability car and from what I have gleaned, there is a document that Motability provide which informs any interested party of who is the actual owner but that the registered keeper is driving with their permission.
Then there is the question of Insurance, which I think Motability will insist on Green Card Insurance being purchased via their Insurer for the journey.
From what I could gather, the potential stumbling blocks are - does any letter of authority in English suffice without being translated to Turkish ?
Even with such a document, even translated, if the Registration document is in the ownership name of Motability and not the driver, will the car be refused entry into Turkey?
Do the Insurers of the car fully understand that Turkey is not in the EU ? Some don't. Some will allow the car to be insured on only the European side of the country.
If you have any success with your enquiry, please let me know and I will pass your results on.
Old 22nd March 2015, 03:32   #9 (permalink)

Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Yes I had a lease car and did exactly the same .
You have to get permission from them and they send you a form ,the AA did the second part for me at a cost of around 20 .
This permission was granted and seperate cover insurance along with copy of log book style document enabled me to travel abroad.
Mobility would be the first port of call
Dave and Bev is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 14:48   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Bev View Post
Hi

Yes I had a lease car and did exactly the same .
You have to get permission from them and they send you a form ,the AA did the second part for me at a cost of around 20 .
This permission was granted and seperate cover insurance along with copy of log book style document enabled me to travel abroad.
Mobility would be the first port of call
we contacted motability this morning and the answer was a resounding "no"
you cannot take the car anywhere outside of the eu with the exception of Switzerland and some other European countries but not turkey.
when you say you had a lease car do you mean you leased it from motability of independently?i am asking in case i am missing something here or the guy at the motability didn,t know.

Tags
car , taking , turkey