Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 21st September 2016, 16:37   #61 (permalink)

Thanked 16,648 Times in 8,134 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking car into Turkey

Whatever you do don't ask Sleepy about it

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 16:45   #62 (permalink)

Thanked 4,873 Times in 2,260 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
whatever you do don't ask sleepy about it

lundy !
Old 21st September 2016, 17:06   #63 (permalink)

Thanked 16,648 Times in 8,134 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you're sooooooo helpful why not open a driving licence thread- it's always good entertainment for about three years

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (21st September 2016), SLEEPY (22nd September 2016)
Old 21st September 2016, 20:29   #64 (permalink)

Abzlad will become famous soon enough

If anyone gets chance, click the link in my previous post and tell me I'm not imagining things and the 185 day rule is scrapped
Abzlad is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 22:40   #65 (permalink)

Thanked 1,855 Times in 900 Posts
REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future REDDERS has a brilliant future

I made this link public on the day it was printed and I agree that when translated into English that's how it read. But I have had a school teacher and translator both read the Turkish version and they stated without any doubt this only applied to Turkish citizens importing a vehicle. Also a well known expat newspaper editor did not publish it neither did Yellali.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Akasya (22nd September 2016)
Old 21st September 2016, 22:57   #66 (permalink)

Thanked 2,891 Times in 984 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDERS View Post
I made this link public on the day it was printed and I agree that when translated into English that's how it read. But I have had a school teacher and translator both read the Turkish version and they stated without any doubt this only applied to Turkish citizens importing a vehicle. Also a well known expat newspaper editor did not publish it neither did Yellali.
if correct, are you able to shed any light on the customs reasoning as to why it only affects foreigners - especially those who are not importing a car but merely entering with a car to use whilst visiting on a tourist 90/180 day visa ?
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 23:28   #67 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 13,392 Times in 5,194 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Redders the lines on it are a bit blurred ..... it does say "our" citizens but it was from a politician who has an electorate to please and possibly speaking to them generally. But could of meant just Turkish retirees and did say proof of retiral needed .

When Someone asked me about this law tonight,I checked with a colleague , who said he could only find most reports on this, coming from and relayed by the Hürriyet source ...but he did twitter me with this link and translation .............

This was the reporting of the new sept 01 amendments to the 1999 law in Turkey to expats in UTRECHT Germany which was a bit more broader than the report in the Hürriyet. One thing it did say was that may be worth checking , because it could mean it could be Reciprocal law maybe, YOU could get your friend to open the pdf from the T.C. Resmi Gazete KANUNU 4458 with the new September amendments to translate the full law..... as this quote below he said was interesting

European Union fulfill the terms and conditions of the residents in the European Free Trade Association countries

This is a translation of Turkish and legal speak

Foreign vehicles to Turkey 'also applies to those who want to use the 185 day requirement was formally abolished.

Those who want to use foreign vehicles in Turkey implemented the 185-day requirement was formally abolished.

Istanbul the Parliament and the Parliamentary Human Rights Investigation Commission Chairman Mustafa Yeneroğl of 'decree designed to address the grievances of our retired citizens Tool abroad who have problems because of the 185-day requirement in bringing Turkey today has been published in the Official Gazette.

Our commitment to any retired our citizens will not reversed the vehicle customs so it became operational. '' he said.
Closely followed by citizens of our retired citizens living abroad who want to come by car Turkey '185 days' requirement and scope of the problems they experienced were ongoing.

We said no to retire from Turkey customs of our citizens will not be turned back from the vehicle in the previous announcements on the subject. The legislation concerning the solution of the problem, Mr. Prime Minister in accordance with the instructions prepared by the Customs and the relevant decree was made by the Ministry of Commerce published in the Official Gazette today.

Accordingly, after retiring abroad is not necessarily a manifestation of the built abroad will bring in people for the first time in Turkey, which means about 185 days living in the country must be sought. Likewise, in case he allowed a 24-month period of the vehicle to use the remaining time of our retired citizens abroad with all vehicles without using the tool again to enter Turkey for a 185-day requirement will not be considered. This person's vehicle, be granted permission to have the rest of the vehicle.

The new regulation also provides a significant convenience tool to have full use of the two-year permit, or 185 days in the European Union fulfill the terms and conditions of the residents in the European Free Trade Association countries to prevent the victimization they experienced at customs. This person will be given a period of one month to the car once a year.
No retirement on whether our citizens our commitment to reversing the vehicle customs, formed in the result of our follow-up, new laws have met with the floor. ''

Decision of the Customs Law No. 4458 Amending Certain Articles

Last edited by bal canavar; 21st September 2016 at 23:51..
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bal canavar For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (24th September 2016)
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:53   #68 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,231 Posts
altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute

Just buy a car in Turkey, they don't lose money as they do in UK
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:18   #69 (permalink)

I think I will buy a car here.

The problem is I need a car back in the UK when I'm there from October till December.

I'll look into buying one in Turkey and drive back when needed.
Old 13th October 2016, 00:27   #70 (permalink)

Well finally drove the car out of Turkey on 3 October 2016 after being in Turkey from 13th February 2016. The car visa (stamp) in my passport says it can stay until 2nd March 2017.

I asked when I crossed at Ipsala, can I bring the car back at the end of the December 2016, which I hope to do and the customs guy said after looking at his computer

"the car must leave Turkey by 19th March 2017"

Strange date. No mention of the 185 days out of Turkey before I can bring it back. So I will drive back in December 2016 and see what happens. Seems like the people in the know who I mentioned in previous posts were right.

Before the stamp for the car expires in your passport you can bring your car in and out of Turkey no problem.

Of course this can all change next week
The Following User Says Thank You to Abzlad For This Useful Post:
Akasya (13th October 2016)

Tags
car , taking , turkey