FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Travel Forum > Turkey Travel Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2020, 10:46   #1 (permalink)

Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough
Should I stay or should I go

Hi all
have a flight booked for late September to Bodrum....anyone flown into Bodrum had a lovely holiday and returned to the UK....HOW WERE THE FLIGHTS?....are the seating positions as usual...I've heard that they are....really in two minds about going...what are your thoughts...tesekkur ederim...STAY SAFE!!
Sweetnighter is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweetnighter For This Useful Post:
Akasya (30th July 2020), howardian (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 11:12   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,837 Times in 642 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should I stay or should I go

Stay Safe.
If you had a crystal ball you would know the state of play with the virus by late September and where in the world it was deemed safe or otherwise, but you don't.
If you are prepared to take that risk, when appreciating that you are going to fly with about 200 random people (no seating spaces) in an aluminium tube and adding to that your own state of health or underlying conditions, you will come to your own answer.
If the flight is booked, the things that could happen by late September is that things have improved, things have got worse, or things are pretty much as today.
If they worsen, your flight operator will have made your decision for you and you will have the flight cancelled and a refund. If it is stable or even improved, a cancellation is at your expense.
The best advice I would give, not knowing if you are going out to a place or your own, renting or whatever, is to watch and wait but don't commit to any further expenses as yet, just in case.
enoch (30th July 2020), howardian (30th July 2020), jcrian (31st July 2020), shash (31st July 2020), Struggs (30th July 2020), Sweetnighter (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 11:22   #3 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 12,709 Times in 6,020 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

The other consideration is your own employment situation. The UK government can, during your holiday, declare that all folks arriving in the UK from Turkey should undergo 14 days isolation. How will that sit with work etc.
howardian (30th July 2020), Mushroom (30th July 2020), Struggs (30th July 2020), Sweetnighter (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 15:27   #4 (permalink)

dearsley is on a distinguished road

I am flying TO the UK is 10 days....I've spoken to people who have been to and from the UK to Turkey and they have all said things are pretty straightforward. You have to fill in a form. It's online and no big deal. Sure you have to be aware of the risks....but all life is a risk. Turkey seems better than the UK in dealing with Covid and is taking all relevant precautions. I have been out to dinner in restaurants here, the waiters wear masks (I and the other diners did not) and all passed off fine. I don't live near a beach but I see posts of people who do and the beach life seems pretty normal. What more can I say. I hope you come and I hope you enjoy your holiday.
dearsley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dearsley For This Useful Post:
Harem (31st July 2020), jcrian (31st July 2020), shash (31st July 2020), Sweetnighter (30th July 2020), ted j (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 16:47   #5 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,701 Times in 5,122 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what life is like in these times in the UK, but here , today for instance we went down the front to Topkapi restaurant , being on a bike has it's advantages in that I can weave around people (slowly I might add) avoiding getting too close to them
We park the bike up under shade and walk across the front which during the day is not busy at all at the moment although there were quite a few on the beach but it looked like they were social distancing properly
We had our temperatures taken immediately and squirted sanitizer on our hands . We were well away from anyone else and that seems to be the norm wherever we go, temp taken, sanitize and waiters come masked up.

The small group of friends we usually sit with all religiously do the same and sanitize a lot, so we feel as safe as you can feel at the mo, while sat with them

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (30th July 2020), Rob & Juls (30th July 2020), saoirse (30th July 2020), shash (31st July 2020), Struggs (30th July 2020), Sweetnighter (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 18:13   #6 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 25,217 Times in 11,160 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Talking to a mate who lives in Yalikavak last night Ray, he has stopped going out as more and more are heading down from the big cities and totally ignoring the rules, that may change again after the Bayram holiday but its usually September when they head back.
We haven't planned any trips this year other than one that was cancelled, but we are not looking at anything else other than tentative plans for next year.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (30th July 2020), janm (31st July 2020), shash (31st July 2020), Struggs (30th July 2020), Sweetnighter (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 18:30   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,805 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Talking to a mate who lives in Yalikavak last night Ray, he has stopped going out as more and more are heading down from the big cities and totally ignoring the rules, that may change again after the Bayram holiday but its usually September when they head back.
We haven't planned any trips this year other than one that was cancelled, but we are not looking at anything else other than tentative plans for next year.

Martin
Alanya is the same try to spot a 07 No plate, drove through Alanya last night its full of foreign turkish, even the local people are not out in the tea houses and just wait till the Russian's come aug. Summer is dead for us until ever has gone home. They are saying here now, 2 faze could come in September.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
shash (31st July 2020), Struggs (30th July 2020), yalimart (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 18:36   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,805 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
I have no idea what life is like in these times in the UK, but here , today for instance we went down the front to Topkapi restaurant , being on a bike has it's advantages in that I can weave around people (slowly I might add) avoiding getting too close to them
We park the bike up under shade and walk across the front which during the day is not busy at all at the moment although there were quite a few on the beach but it looked like they were social distancing properly
We had our temperatures taken immediately and squirted sanitizer on our hands . We were well away from anyone else and that seems to be the norm wherever we go, temp taken, sanitize and waiters come masked up.

The small group of friends we usually sit with all religiously do the same and sanitize a lot, so we feel as safe as you can feel at the mo, while sat with them
You are lucky ted in Alanya some have masks and sanitising, and the ones who have are the bigger tourist restaurants.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
ted j (30th July 2020)
Old 30th July 2020, 19:35   #9 (permalink)

Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light Efesake is a glorious beacon of light

Must be hard cycling in that heat with a mask on and your wife on the back.Tried to get a 50 quid voucher to get me bike fixed ere but they all gone.Was going to take me old tyres off,wheel it to the bike shop and say”fix this will you”.😀
Old 30th July 2020, 21:17   #10 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,701 Times in 5,122 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

The bike is an electric 3 wheel one
But yes it is hard in this heat
A comedian friend of mine in Benidorm ,used to tell a story "The authorities here have said if you ride a scooter here now, you must wear a helmet BUT not during the months of July August and September, as it is too bloody hot"

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
stay