FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Kitchen > Turkish Cooking

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2012, 12:13   #1 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute
foody goodies from Antakya

we got up in the early hours to receive a huge box of homemade food from Antakya. came on the bus.

i dont know whether to laugh or cry as we are trying to lose weight.

Antakya food has many specialties and variety and is known to be the best in Turkey its a mix of old Turkish and Arab
i suppose because of the Ottoman Empire Turkish food has taken on methods and recipes from all the countries they invaded and in this corner of Turkey the food is very rich and more spicey than the bland tastes of tourist areas where the food is not truly representative of the best this country can give.

whats in the box

a ton of biberli ekmek
a ton of ispanekli ekmek
a ton of oruk...known in some parts of Turkey as içli köfte..oruk is the Syrian name
ton saç oruk similar to oruk but patty shape
two tons of stuffed red and green peppers gonna eat them in a minute
a ton of stuffed patlıcan
ton of stuffed kabak
ton of lahana sarma
ton of ceviz biber my favourite meze
ton of strawberry jam
ton of tuzlu yoğurt
ton of suzme yoğurt
ton of dıfferent spices
ton of nar ekşisi...to go on the ceviz biber for me
some more lıttle jars i havent looked at yet

and good thinking...
a couple of back scratchers..for fatties that cant reach round

thank you Hulya
Old 4th February 2012, 12:22   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,591 Times in 859 Posts
Istanbul_expat has disabled reputation
Re: foody goodies from Antakya

Great! You don't have to eat it all at once
Istanbul_expat is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Istanbul_expat For This Useful Post:
shirleyanntr (4th February 2012)
Old 4th February 2012, 12:36   #3 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,766 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

You could always send a quarter of a ton down this way Shirley!!
Old 4th February 2012, 13:40   #4 (permalink)
Deemon in disguise

Thanked 2,367 Times in 960 Posts
babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute babsgood has a reputation beyond repute

Yummmmmmmy
Old 4th February 2012, 14:06   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 1,686 Times in 624 Posts
louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future

All sounds quite healthy to me! I love içli köfte, yummy!! Lucky you.
louise17 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to louise17 For This Useful Post:
Old 4th February 2012, 14:12   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you lucky people

Get cooking and invite all your many friends......................
Old 4th February 2012, 14:16   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 2,715 Times in 1,092 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I'll be arriving tomorrow Shirley - get the spare room ready and set the table!!
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yildez Datca For This Useful Post:
Old 4th February 2012, 14:22   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

just been trying to find a place for everything ..and didnt mention the green olives 5 litres of olive oil pickles pickles and more piclkles..
and a huge container of pekmez and tahini already cooked up together..ive never seen it like this before im presuming thats what it is but its a rusty colour..
and ayva jam too
i should be pleased..
and i am
but yusuf is very greedy and is now diabetic......i sense a war coming on hah
Old 4th February 2012, 14:56   #9 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,547 Times in 1,352 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyanntr View Post
we got up in the early hours to receive a huge box of homemade food from Antakya. came on the bus.

i dont know whether to laugh or cry as we are trying to lose weight.

Antakya food has many specialties and variety and is known to be the best in Turkey its a mix of old Turkish and Arab
i suppose because of the Ottoman Empire Turkish food has taken on methods and recipes from all the countries they invaded and in this corner of Turkey the food is very rich and more spicey than the bland tastes of tourist areas where the food is not truly representative of the best this country can give.

whats in the box

a ton of biberli ekmek
a ton of ispanekli ekmek
a ton of oruk...known in some parts of Turkey as içli köfte..oruk is the Syrian name
ton saç oruk similar to oruk but patty shape
two tons of stuffed red and green peppers gonna eat them in a minute
a ton of stuffed patlıcan
ton of stuffed kabak
ton of lahana sarma
ton of ceviz biber my favourite meze
ton of strawberry jam
ton of tuzlu yoğurt
ton of suzme yoğurt
ton of dıfferent spices
ton of nar ekşisi...to go on the ceviz biber for me
some more lıttle jars i havent looked at yet

and good thinking...
a couple of back scratchers..for fatties that cant reach round

thank you Hulya
WOW! That sure beats Lynford Christie's lunchbox!!
Old 4th February 2012, 15:12   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yildez View Post
Right, I'll be arriving tomorrow Shirley - get the spare room ready and set the table!!
room for another one? please? got to help Yusuf beat that diabetes!!!! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to arrian For This Useful Post:

Tags
antakya , foody , goodies