Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 25th February 2013, 21:49   #1 (permalink)

missewoo is on a distinguished road
Smile Passion for food!

I have created a Facebook page for all you fellow food lovers that are intrigued with all thse Turkish ingredients but not sure what meals to make out of them.
Originally i was building the page for my own personal use as my cookery folder was becoming a mess and hard to find the recipes i was after.. but then after a while i thought why not open it up to the public after i've put all this effort into it!!??
My page is updated regularly and is full of all yummy main meals, side dishes, desserts, sweets, pastries etc.

Please check out my page and hit like at facebook/ elleskitchenfun

Don't be shy uploading and sharing your own recipes too !
Also if any of the recipes are tried i'd love to see photos of how yours turned out

... just to point out i'm by no means a chef, i just love my kitchen!!!

Elle x
missewoo is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to missewoo For This Useful Post:
G&L (25th February 2013), Helenm150 (25th February 2013), Peter J (25th February 2013), Sunny Seasider (25th February 2013), vjh265 (25th February 2013)
Old 25th February 2013, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,125 Times in 10,000 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Passion for food!

for sharing Elle, I am salivating now as on the dreaded spring time diet, lol. I love Red Cabbage Beetroot and Apples, but never tried adding Walnuts, will be trying this next time. The Potato Kofte sound good too. I also love my Kitchen, trying different ingredients together is a great way to experiment.
G&L (25th February 2013)
Old 25th February 2013, 23:54   #3 (permalink)
G&L
G&L

G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold

SS dont dread the diet that never works, just change to a smaller plate and change a few habits that works better in the long run.

almonds are a great snack
G&L is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G&L For This Useful Post:
Sunny Seasider (26th February 2013)
Old 26th February 2013, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,125 Times in 10,000 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&L View Post
SS dont dread the diet that never works, just change to a smaller plate and change a few habits that works better in the long run.

almonds are a great snack
I shouldn't be so harsh on myself G&L, I am thinking about it as a new healthy lifestyle. Cut out mostly on fats, and Chocolate, oh and alcohol is a No, No during the week, found a delicious light Grape Juice, and only 27 cals a 100ml glass though. I have been having a handful of mixed nuts in the afternoons (unsalted). I like to experiment with vegetables and peppers, jazzing them up with spices, and just have a smaller portion of pasta, just so love pasta dishes and know they can be very fattening. Elles' recipes look so inviting and they will be when I can have some naughty moments pleasures. We are on week 4 now, and can honestly say have never felt hungry, it's all in the mind isn't it.
G&L (26th February 2013)
Old 26th February 2013, 04:12   #5 (permalink)
G&L
G&L

G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold

NO! Keep the chocolate just buy the purest one you can and you will get a better hit off it than bars of the other, also it gives you seratonin which keeps us from getting depressed! Yes agree with you, I eat pasta and ricce with fish or vegies, pasta is not fattening, its only if you add loads of cream, butter and rich sauces. I have gone back to juicing and really that is the way to go, make your own no added sugar and the way things or going, no horsemeat! I put on weight after accident and unable to excercise properly and eating was difficult cos i couldnt multitask to make a meal so a lot of ready meals and the pounds piled on, have lost some of it steadily now by not having goodies or too much food in the house, if you cant see it you cant eat it. Remember how nigela lost weight when she broke her leg, cos she said you cant ask someone to bring you a second or third piece of cake! What has helped me is the nutrionist/dietician who advised me to eat 5 times a day, smaller things every 3 hours and drink loads of water. I have also gone back to stirfry vegies etc just have everything pre prepared and you can have a meal very fast. Looking forward to being allowed back innto the pool again, not allowed swim on my own well has to be someone around in case I loose my balance getting in or out. Pushing away though to try and loose more regularly and get some strength back before I loose it all. I bought a lovely book on cooking turkish meals and it explains what everything is and name in turkish for spices and cuts of meat etc and regional differences, so now I can talk to my turkish neighbour who makes be lovely soups and we can look up the pictures! Stay away from the bread with the butter and cheese on it!!!
G&L is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 20:43   #6 (permalink)

missewoo is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Passion for food!

I agree with G&L.. cook the food you love just have smaller portions Also (so Uncle Google says) eat your food slower then you are more likely to feel fuller and won't feel like you eating a small portion.
My husband is currently on a diet but with my cooking he's not doing so well LOL!
I'm a huge fan of the walnut dish too, especially living in Turkey where meat is so expensive these days! Give the walnuts a try, they really give it some extra texture and added goodness
If you haven't already.... pleaseeee like my page <3
Elle x
missewoo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to missewoo For This Useful Post:
Sunny Seasider (28th February 2013)
Old 28th February 2013, 21:24   #7 (permalink)

ShirleyBurley is just really nice ShirleyBurley is just really nice ShirleyBurley is just really nice ShirleyBurley is just really nice ShirleyBurley is just really nice

Nice Facebook page Elle.
I don't know where you live in Turkey but if you are near Ortakent, Bodrum, you may be interested in the cooking workshops run by Erenler Sofrası. I went on the fish one last week and had a great time.

BacktoBodrum: Fishy Fingers
ShirleyBurley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 10:51   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,074 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyBurley View Post
Nice Facebook page Elle.
I don't know where you live in Turkey but if you are near Ortakent, Bodrum, you may be interested in the cooking workshops run by Erenler Sofrası. I went on the fish one last week and had a great time.

BacktoBodrum: Fishy Fingers
Elle lives in Datca! I hate her intensely!!!! Not only is she a wonderful cook and a great mum, she is also very slim and pretty!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

You know I don't mean it Elle!!!
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 22:08   #9 (permalink)

chiro is on a distinguished road

Nice Page go head..
chiro is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
food , passion